Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 12:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Precisely what I was thinking about a society that covers women head to toe in black. Funny how each side of this debate sees the other as authoritarian and a threat to individual freedom.
It very much is but the answer to that is not to act like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 12:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The debate goes so far beyond this specific example of an evil ideology.

I just read the most disturbing first hand victim accounts of the most barbaric behavior imaginable. It is so disgusting that one naturally wants not to believe it possible, yet dozens of freed or escaped captives of ISIS monsters reveal the truth about these demonic entities ....

Children beheaded in front of their parents ... little girls raped to death ... a child ground up into meat and fed to it's unsuspecting mother .... men women and children tortured and crucified ... the most unimaginable acts of inhuman behavior by these creatures of the satanic cult of Islam. The death cult.

Of course, the burka is their mandated uniform for the female members of their death cult, and by agreeing to wear it in areas where they are perfectly safe to reject it, proves them to be WILLING MEMBERS OF THIS DASTARDLY GROUP OF DEMONS.

In my opinion, they ought to be expelled from our communities for failing to reject the extreme evil being inflicted on humanity in every location they gain majority dominance.... they identify themselves as enemies of humanity by willingly wearing the uniform of evil. F-them, and their deliberate demon-stration of who and what they really are.
Do you know we tortured, raped and killed the Japanese in WWII? Or so they were told and believed to such a length that rather than be captured they leaped off cliffs.

Don't jump off cliffs.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:42 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
I'm not a fan of the burka but I can appreciate its history, custom, and practical use in certain hot desert environments. It's not a big deal to me. Not the kind of dressing I like to see but then again I like the fact cultural differences in clothing styles still exists in this world.

The hijab scarf I do like as fashion accessory. It's better than those low cut lesbian haircuts Catholic nuns rock having abandoned their own hijabs because feminist Democrats told them the patriarchy is brutally oppressing them by making them wear it as part of a nuns uniform. The same Democrats that flip flop on the hijab for Muslim women.

Anyways, I have a lot of respect for Muslim women, whether they rock the hijab or not.

The only issue I might have with the burka is when a woman wears it in country where that is a totally foreign custom. Especially if it is a secular country. If the woman wants to wear it that is fine. But it seems to me to be a message that one has no intention to culturally assimilate even in the least. And I'm not saying giving up all one's ways. I'm saying it seems to say not 1 single inch of assimilation will occur.

Maybe that is not the intended message but it's what strikes me as the message. Because Saudi Arabia certainly is an excellent environment to help nurture and promote all those values surrounding the burka, a lot more so than Miami or Houston.

But whatever, it's not a big deal. Unless you're a man dressed like that walking into a bank hiding an assault rifle under your burka to commit bank robbery with your face covered by a veil too.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:47 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've seen Muslim women with their children in a publuc pool wearing their long sleeves and headscarves, and that was in 2009. Why on earth do you care? When you see Orthodox Jewish women in their swimdresses that cover their knees and elbows, do you get upset about them, too?
Public pool hygiene is questionable as it is. Add to that sheet size smelly, sweaty veils and I will go somewhere else.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Here is the problem. We are admitting the wrong kind of people. In the same Islamic countries there are millions of professionals who thoroughly embrace the western culture and are not coming here to build mosques. In fact, they are fleeing mosques. What do we do? We recruit from the most agrarian, backward segments of the society. Just look them walking around the malls. They look like they just left their village. At the same time, we have lawyers, doctors and other professionals being denied visas. And don't think for a second it is by accident.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte P View Post
Women should be allowed to wear whatever hey want without shame or blame. That includes wearing a burka or bikini... However at the base of this whole modesty issue is the misogynistic notion that a woman's body is only for sexual pleasure and procreation and that it is a commodity to be owned by the highest bidder be that public or private and that she has no right to her own identity beyond the value that society sets on her individual worth (as a piece of meat to be viewed or not viewed as the culture wills it)
The modesty issue in dress applies to men too. And men do not walk around the United States butt naked in public, unlike feminist makes and females like to try and suggest is the cultural norm. There are standard for dress as men be it in business, a lay person showing up for Mass, or a priest. Catholic priests have a limited wardrobe and one that is modest. Their stomachs are not exposed nor are they walking around in bikini briefs for men.

In Islam a man's stomach, if he has nice abs, is regarded as sexually luring aspect of the male physique for women. So, men in Islam are supposed to dress modest and are supposed to be forbidden from exposing their abs to women in public.

As far as the United States, if a man walked around with 90 percent of his butt cheeks exposed, American women would have plenty to say. Their Papal-like judgements would be severe and self righteous. But in total hypocrisy they demand men have zero to say about any woman that wants to parade around town with 40 percent of her butt hanging out of her low cut shorts.

And women want to deny the biological truths of heterosexual men's own physiology with its physiological responses that are not subject to free will. A heterosexual man can no more help who he is sexually attracted to than a gay man. And if a woman he finds attractive if walking around provocatively to use the sex appeal of her body for male attention then there is zero propositions within the Theory of Evolution that he is wrong for looking at her. If she gets more male attention than she likes the male and female feminists trip overthemselves to call her a victim. And know somehow men want to control women's sexuality. Yeah, right. The day the Milwaukee police will allow me with arrest, to walk around my urban streets butt naked with my genitals flopping around in the summer air, then I might believe that.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:08 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
You are assuming that our society should be primarily concerned with "opening up" the immigrant communities, in spite of themselves. That's not my main concern.

My main concern, and the one I hear most often on this Forum, is what Islam may do to our way of life, if we start to change our society to accommodate its strict social laws. We are not just talking about freedom of religion here, but about a fundamental difference in how we see the world and treat each other. I don't think its unreasonable for those of us who enjoy living in the modern Western way to resent having to change our world in ways that we find offensive.
How is women wearing burkinis to the beach a change to our laws? And how is it offensive? All the beaches I've ever been to, you could wear what you darn well pleased. I've seen women fully covered up with saris and muumuus splashing in the water along with people in bikinis. I like that. Therefore, I oppose banning burkinis. And I also oppose banning speedos and bikinis.

You're making mountains out of molehills here.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:12 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Problem is These Islamic Women are not adapting to the culture of the Country, French or even American Society. In both cases with the terrorism going around the world, people are concerned about radical Islam.
In a local supermarket here in Phx I saw woman in Costume looking at everyone with defiance.

That is the problem.
You're a mind reader? Do tell.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:31 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
More and more what is happening in Europe on the Islamic front finds its way here.

Cannes bans burkinis over suspected link to radical Islamism - BBC News

Just got back from our summer vacation and sure enough saw women in hijab on the boardwalk, in the hotel and around the pool. How long before they want to go into water wearing some form of Islamic garb? Are there ordinances that regulate what you wear on the beach or go in the ocean?
Amish girls and women who visit the beach go into the water fully dressed in their normal garb - ie long dresses. Do you have a problem with that?

Old 08-27-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte P View Post
Nice has gone one step further and the mayor is banning Catholic nuns wearing habits.
Nuns cannot wear their habits on our beaches, says deputy mayor of Nice – CatholicHerald.co.uk
I was reared Catholic. If that is in France it is in part due to the militant secularism of France. But banning nuns from wearing traditional habits on the beaches is a trivial matter. Most Catholic nuns no longer wear habits but dress like secular women and have their hair cut like militant lesbians.

The two nuns murdered in Mississippi, caring out admirable charitable work in the applied sciences of the health fields, have pictures of themselves one can google up. One of them spent close to 50 years as a nun in Milwaukee. Both of those nuns (rest in peace) dressed in secular clothing, and one of them had the typical short lesbian haircut popular among feminist nuns that are usually pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, and anti-Catholic.

More lay Muslim women dress wear scarfs over their heads than lay Catholic women and vowed nuns combined. The only nuns still dressing like nuns are in Eastern Christianity. And the lay women in Eastern Christianity still cover their heads with silk scarfs and scarfs made of other materials when they enter churches for prayer. It is an issue of male modesty that a man does not enter church shirtless with entire bare upper body exposed, nor is it custom for a male to enter church with his shirt so unbuttoned that a sizable portion of his chest is exposed. Of course, women can get away with wearing tight jeans and exposed cleavage to Catholic Mass.

Liberal women brought this on during the Sexual Revolution in the West. Irked as they where men were raised not to treat women as sexual objects. Once liberal women got their way and started dressing like street hookers they turned around and blamed men for looking at them, and accused men of entirely, with zero help from women in the Sexual Revolution, of promoting revealing and provocative clothing for women to wear in society.

Personally, I like women dressing in the post-Sexual Revolution norms. But I was a child in the 1970s and it was grown liberal women and grown liberal men that demanded the social change. I won't be blamed for what grown liberals decades ago demanded in their self righteous, pontifical tones.

American women can also walk butt naked down American streets for all I care. But I'm not going to agree with any insinuations that American police and American social customs allow American men to walk naked down the streets or show up to work butt naked. There are modesty codes for men as well. But that the female breasts are viewed in the West as part of the sexual organs (namely their nipples) of females, and the males chest is not, is a big reason why American women are not allowed to go publicly shirtless. It's not really about men gathering in some secret room plotting to control women. If anything it is mainly women who are manipulating men.

Some American men no more want to see women's bare breasts flopping about in public than most American women want to see men's bare penises flopping about in public. Especially in the penis-phobic society we live in. Put a 30 year-old man in a wig, dress, and high heels and let him pull out his penis in front of a bunch of women in a female locker room and liberal women don't need to see psychiatrists and get prescribed anti-depressants. But if the man is dressed as a man and pulls out his penis in a female locker room every liberal woman cries to the heaven about how they are mentally broken for the rest of their lives, can no longer cook for their children or hold a job.

This is one reason why Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump should be President. To rock the status quo and all its man made fictions that are blatantly logically incoherent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies