Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:02 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

Horrific, it's not only meat processing plants where people abuse animals for food.

Pet pig adopted from Craigslist, shot for food | Miami Herald

Quote:
A squealing pet pig with a *****x in its back was running for its life Wednesday as a man with a rifle chased it through Kings Park.

Men putting in a new sunroom in the east Macon-Bibb County neighborhood were first alarmed by gunshots, then the sight and sounds of the wounded animal.

“It was one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever witnessed before. It was a horrible thing that happened,” said Brian Walls, who was installing windows at a nearby house when a man with a .22 rifle shot the pig in the side.

After a second gunshot, Walls figured the pig was dead and tried to ignore what was happening until he heard the pig’s painful cries.

“We were in shock to see him out here with a gun shooting in the neighborhood,” said Tim Montgomery, who was working with Walls. “They didn’t know what they were doing because, you know, if you shoot a pig, you’re supposed to shoot it between the eyes or in the back of the head, point-blank, or however they do it humanely.”

Walls confronted 62-year-old Freddie Phelps Sr. and begged him to put the approximately 200-pound animal out of its misery.

A couple hours later, the workmen saw that people were attacking the animal with poles.

“They were beating the pig, hitting it in the face and it was squealing. They weren’t hitting it hard enough to kill it. They were mainly just torturing the thing, and the thing had to be in horrible pain,” Walls said.

Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 08:15 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
After a second gunshot, Walls figured the pig was dead and tried to ignore what was happening until he heard the pig’s painful cries.

And still...............the freak did nothing? He should have made a call at the first shot.

Damn, I really hate people sometimes.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:26 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Wow, that is terrible.

They want to eat it, why not just neutralize it in a humane fashion!

Old 08-26-2016, 08:30 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Wow ... no words

I don't understand why some people get off on abusing animals. If you want to have a pig roast, fine ... shoot the pig between the eyes like Mr Walls stated. No need to torture the animal

Not only that, this was a PET PIG. Not a pig for eating! Uggh I don't understand people anymore.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:47 AM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
This is what often happens when you give away animals on places like Craigslist.

Years ago someone got a pit off craigslist for free and hooked it to the back of a vehicle and slowly dragged it for hours and left him for dead. The poor dog was euthanized several hours after he was found. They never did find the person(s) who did it.

Someone tried finding a home for a pet pig and had no idea probably that someone was going to do this to him. Keep this in mind when you try to find a home for your pet.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:44 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
I note that in Orlando in Florida, a woman is being prosecuted for four charges of animal cruelty with each charge carrying a penaltry of up to five years in prison.

Rockledge woman pleads not guilty to animal cruelty charges | Local News - WESH Home

I think the Law should be equally applied to those involved in the horrific killing of this pig, perhaps five or ten years may make them think twice before carrying out such barbaric acts.

As for the selling or trading of animals on the internet and craiglist, this clearly needs to be stopped.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:49 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
As for the selling or trading of animals on the internet and craiglist, this clearly needs to be stopped.
Why is that?

Old 08-27-2016, 05:52 AM

45,236 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Note to animals: never trust a human, especially if you've been classified as food.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:36 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Why they'd think a pet pig would taste good is beyond me. I guess I don't know this for sure, but I serioulsy doubt it would taste the way you'd expect it to. But even then, people who aren't evil would just quickly end it's life. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals. If you torture an animal, you're probably not far from torturing a person. Some people need to seek mental health professionals. It's a crazy world sometimes.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:10 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
That poor pig, raised as a pet then slaughtered in a horrible way. Many people hate hunters and guns but most hunters want to kill their quarry as quickly as possible to minimize the suffering.
The idiot should have used a bigger gun than a 22 and shot the pig in the brain or heart.

I wonder when they bought the pet pig if they said they were going to eat it or pretended that it was going to a good home. What jerks.

On the flip side I know someone that works in a place that takes care of injured wild animals and in one room they will be taking care of mice and in another they will be tending to snakes, well snakes eat mice but they don't feed the ones that people bring in to be rescued.

Nature is odd and can be cruel but these idiots that were beating he pig should be arrested and charged with animal cruelty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies