Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 01:23 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingComment View Post
Yep, staged. Notice the attacks are waited for, how the attacker acts more like a self defense dummy practicing with the girls at the local YMCA.

Sorry girls, don't fall for this propaganda, you are not stronger then most men, you are not equal in contests of strength. Be smart, recognize your strengths and weaknesses or end up a victim. Don't buy into the progressive BS or you WILL become a victim.
One reason an old school pacifist guy like my dad supports gun ownership is that they are a nice equalizer for physically weaker people, like women.

Nothing wrong with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 01:37 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,771,171 times
No gun needed

I will be the judge of that.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:08 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,767,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw
P.S. My Chrome updated and I can no longer see embedded YouTube videos.
Try this link

www.youtube.com/v/6l9dvkxa0Rc?html5=1

DOES THAT SHOW THE VID IN EMBEDDED HTML5 INSTEAD OF FLASH?

Old 08-14-2016, 08:38 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times
Are you kidding me?? That video is about as fake as they come. Not very good acting either. Some people fall for anything.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:52 AM

11,120 posts, read 10,668,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
And don't ever think that you can be better, smarter, or more capable than a man, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingComment View Post
Never said that, but you know that.

People, this is an example of what we call Alinksyism. See, what the poster did here was to detract from the point (ie that women should not be fooled into thinking they are something they are not, ie... equal in physical nature to a man) in order to promote their activism.

It works in two stages. First, they manipulate my point to make it seem like I am attacking, there by putting me on the defense by implying that I am a sexist. It also attempts to anger anyone who is a female by implying sarcastically through there inference that women are "lesser" in being.

Note this is a comment tactic made by social justice warriors and feminists who are activists who see any form of devious behavior as acceptable in the pursuit of their goals.

Disregard them, many of them tend to be paid activists who frequent these sites to promote agendas.
Actually, I think that OpanaPointer may be stating his own point of view. "Progressives" tend to believe that women and minorities are inferior to white males, which is why they push for a heavily weighted system in order to "help" them. It's not really Opana's fault, as he's probably the product of the public education/indoctrination system.

Be gentle with him, he doesn't know any better. ;-)

Old 08-14-2016, 12:56 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
No gun needed

I will be the judge of that.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

It should be law, all women have a government issue .38 and must keep it with them as they do their cell phone.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:36 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,831,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

It should be law, all women have a government issue .38 and must keep it with them as they do their cell phone.
Since I usually forget my cell phone at home, that wouldn't do me much good lol. Also, I'm what the French call...what is the word...spastique. You don't want me anywhere near a gun. Trust me.

Your well intentioned concern is definitely appreciated though!

Old 08-14-2016, 05:54 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Since I usually forget my cell phone at home, that wouldn't do me much good lol. Also, I'm what the French call...what is the word...spastique. You don't want me anywhere near a gun. Trust me.

Your well intentioned concern is definitely appreciated though!
If one is familiar with a gun, it isn't so new to them when seconds count.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:21 PM

593 posts, read 1,375,424 times
Shoot for the face!

Old 08-14-2016, 07:26 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,831,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Homeboy View Post
Shoot for the face!

"Aw great, right in the pie hole! Now nothin's gonna taste right!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies