Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 12:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

This piece is a real eye opener. I knew things were bad down there seeing as how I live in the Borderlands area, but I always wondered when the Mexican people would finally start speaking out about the entitled attitudes of their children born to the elite political society that's so entrenched.

There's also an accompanying video of one of these arrogant young SOB's having a run in with the police. Although the vid is in Spanish, you'll get the gist of it regardless.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...na-nicole-pena
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 01:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This piece is a real eye opener. I knew things were bad down there seeing as how I live in the Borderlands area, but I always wondered when the Mexican people would finally start speaking out about the entitled attitudes of their children born to the elite political society that's so entrenched.

There's also an accompanying video of one of these arrogant young SOB's having a run in with the police. Although the vid is in Spanish, you'll get the gist of it regardless.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...na-nicole-pena
Agreed and to be fair: when I 1st started reading the article then saw the pic of Pena and his family; "Russia" came to mind with ITS gangster type ways of rolling.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and to be fair: when I 1st started reading the article then saw the pic of Pena and his family; "Russia" came to mind with ITS gangster type ways of rolling.
Peña is EXACTLY what's so emblematic of Mexican political royalty.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:50 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
What's up with the feckless Mexican cops?

American cops would have put up with about 3 seconds of that kid's crap before slamming his ass on the pavement and taking him to jail.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:52 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
That entitled pr*ck in the video who hit the bicyclist should have had the policeman's billy club applied to his head.

Repeatedly.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Similar situations throughout the Middle East. In Saudi what matters if you are not a part of the vast Royal fam is your connection to the family.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
What's up with the feckless Mexican cops?

American cops would have put up with about 3 seconds of that kid's crap before slamming his ass on the pavement and taking him to jail.
The cops are feckless on purpose. They aren't supposed to give that class of people any hassle down there. They are however, supposed to beat the hell out of the proletariat if they even look at a cop crooked. The cop knew from the Audi that this kid was someone that he'd better not get too heavy handed with, or he could lose his job

I'm dead serious. That's how their society is set up down there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
That entitled pr*ck in the video who hit the bicyclist should have had the policeman's billy club applied to his head.

Repeatedly.
I agree. But it'll never happen. Not in Mexico. He knows who he can and can't use that billy club against

Old 08-13-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Similar situations throughout the Middle East. In Saudi what matters if you are not a part of the vast Royal fam is your connection to the family.
Yep. It's REALLY bad over there.

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
I'd love for him to try that here. He wouldn't have gotten further than the first time he put his hand on the cop.

We all have complaints about our politicians, but they raise contributing, law-abiding citizens and not self-entitled scumbags.

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The cops are feckless on purpose. They aren't supposed to give that class of people any hassle down there. They are however, supposed to beat the hell out of the proletariat if they even look at a cop crooked. The cop knew from the Audi that this kid was someone that he'd better not get too heavy handed with, or he could lose his job

I'm dead serious. That's how their society is set up down there.
I believe you, I'm just surprised a teenager in an Audi brings that level of cachet in Mexican society.

Of course I didn't understand what was being said, or whether that kid was perhaps instantly recognizable to the cops as the son of a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies