Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 06:52 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If the facts bear out that it was a justified and necessary shooting, hopefully with body cams, then certain groups can be held accountable for those that did the rioting and destruction in the name of race. The NAACP and UNCF can foot the bill with them being allowed to then seek reimbursement from any BLM organization that has assets available.
Guilt by association, no matter how thin?

This is the very thing many of us are complaining about. A police officer breaks the law and taxpayers are forced to pay for their lawlessness. Why is the idea that one should be held responsible for ones actions alone, so foreign to so many?

If someone is arrested for torching the police car I have no problem making them personally responsible for the costs of replacement. I fully support civil disobedience with the understanding that you have to be willing to accept any repercussions of those actions.

The same should be required of police officers. If you trample on someone's civil rights, it is you that should be personally held accountable.

Quote:
Good luck with that, unless they go right after George Soros. If it was clearly an unjustifiable police shooting, then the police pension fund can pay for the damages.

These people had better NEVER riot in on or near federal property because the feds would shoot them down like dogs with the media standing mute or even supporting it .
I care less about the media.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:55 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You didn't wait until all the fact are out so why should they?
He isn't burning down people's cars and businesses.

I mean seriously you just equated rioting with an Internet post.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:58 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
No facts excuse "unrest" such as setting fire to cop cars and a gas station, hurling bricks, and tossing around shards of glass from destroyed bus shelters.

Beyond the obvious danger, nothing drives home a point like fouling your own neighborhood.
Yeah and when that neighborhood lacks investment and has higher insurance rates? Racism!

Old 08-14-2016, 06:59 AM

The significance of this turn of events is important. It marks a shift from the assumption that law enforcement is acting in good faith to the assumption that law enforcement will kill and fabricate a false narrative.

Cycle of Insurgency: What does Milwaukee mean? – The Fifth Column

This idea falls entirely in the lap of law enforcement and those who control law enforcement. Over and over we have seen officers lie and get away with it. When one is fired we see those pulling the strings reinstate them.

This is only going to get worse until we decide that no one is above the law.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:03 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You didn't wait until all the fact are out so why should they?
So, you justify destroying peoples lives who had nothing to do with the shooting, that's a far cry from what MLK preached.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJ6Bw2JkFk

Old 08-14-2016, 07:04 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

This is the very thing many of us are complaining about. A police officer breaks the law and taxpayers are forced to pay for their lawlessness. Why is the idea that one should be held responsible for ones actions alone, so foreign to so many?

If someone is arrested for torching the police car I have no problem making them personally responsible for the costs of replacement. I fully support civil disobedience with the understanding that you have to be willing to accept any repercussions of those actions.

The same should be required of police officers. If you trample on someone's civil rights, it is you that should be personally held accountable.

You couldn't care less about the media.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You couldn't care less about the media.
Thank you.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Since when exactly does "civil disobedience" include looting and destruction of PRIVATE property or destruction of any property for that matter?

This is where your constant support and justification of these "protestors" fails miserably.

I wish people would quit trying to defend the indefensible.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:26 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
It's an opportunity for the black thugs to steal from businesses who have nothing to do with the police shootings. Just face it people. Also, it reflects poorly on the black race at large.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Since when exactly does "civil disobedience" include looting and destruction of PRIVATE property or destruction of any property for that matter?
When other things fail.

Quote:
This is where your constant support and justification of these "protestors" fails miserably.

I wish people would quit trying to defend the indefensible.
So do I and then I would not have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies