Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 01:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,539,979 times

Advertisements

According to one Chicago cop who blogs, the Milwaukee cops told him that there was a peaceful protest until some people from Chicago showed up and incited the whole thing.

Hmmmmm....now I wonder why anyone from Chicago would want to go start trouble like this in Milwaukee.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:44 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
According to one Chicago cop who blogs, the Milwaukee cops told him that there was a peaceful protest until some people from Chicago showed up and incited the whole thing.

Hmmmmm....now I wonder why anyone from Chicago would want to go start trouble like this in Milwaukee.
Drug dealers from Chicago have been setting up in Milwaukee since the 1980s. It would not surprise me if stuff like that happened.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,267,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
Another case of a Cop shooting a Black man, and then a riot breaks out afterwards. And from what I heard, the man shot got shot was armed with a stolen weapon. Can't people wait until all the facts come out?

Violence breaks out in Milwaukee following officer-involved shooting | FOX6Now.com
Anyone get into the issue that the communist party was involved in this yet?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,539,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Drug dealers from Chicago have been setting up in Milwaukee since the 1980s. It would not surprise me if stuff like that happened.
I think they were sent up there to incite this kind of thing. I don't think they arrived and suddenly got it in their heads to incite it in Milwaukee - they could have stayed home and done that here.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:26 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,524,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Not yet, but they are calling for it- he had to leave town. And as far as opening mouths, maybe close YOUR piehole once in a while too.but was a fair question given the double standards out there. I'm a liberal that felt out of place in SE WI, and even more so in OK. But the events of that past few months over there have caused me to question how far left I really am, or want to go. Not sure why you're so defensive, but whatever. Chalk it up to typical of that area
Lol, yeah, ok. Sounds like you don't fit in wherever you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Everyone needs to know the danger of globalization.

Foreigners are getting rich, Americans suffer. Unemployment rate is too high. Politicians want all of us to focus on the issue of "race" when there is something bigger going on.

In the aftermath of the recession, African Americans have been hit the hardest in terms of unemployment, which is still affecting them. Manufacture jobs are leaving the country and 15-20 years ago, one nice union job is enough to support a whole family. Now, middle class is shrinking.. People are working harder.. Think about it. It is not white people's fault, nor is it white cops' fault.

Poverty and crime have a very “intimate” relationship.
Poverty & crime have always gone hand in hand, this is not a new revelation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think they were sent up there to incite this kind of thing. I don't think they arrived and suddenly got it in their heads to incite it in Milwaukee - they could have stayed home and done that here.
The people who live here know about the dealers & gangs coming here from Chicago. Maybe you should listen to those who actually live here rather than just wrongfully speculating.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:28 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,056,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The area police officers patrol on a regular basis is called a "beat", and the purpose of a beat is to provide a regular presence of law enforcement while allowing officers to become familiar with the characteristics of that particular area. When a situation requiring police intervention occurs in their assigned area, there is a familiarity with the terrain and the neighborhood culture, which makes their jobs more efficient and effective.

I will argue that opinion is not necessarily fact, for example, many can see war on drugs is a failed domestic policy, many say war on drugs is absolutely necessary. Where do you draw the line? Who really makes the rule?

Let's not make police officers and their family members the scapegoat, shall we?

shooting to wound doesn't make sense scientifically, or tactically. It is a simple fact.
I've not argued any of that. Stick to the argument. Your attempt to throw in family members is pretty lame.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:32 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,056,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
You all on board with social media outing the name and pic of the officer involved? I saw this on FB today, and all the ghetto trash in Milwaukee is eeking and ooking about killing him-like the victim was such a saint.
People in Milwaukee are getting sick of THAT too.
I don't support anyone harming anyone for any reason outside of direct self defense.

Quote:
The white Indianapolis woman killed by some poor misguided misjudged young men-nary a peep-yet she was actually doing some good

I'll never get when true criminals meet their fate-the ghetto trash worships them as if they walked on water

Speaks volumes about them when you see who they "idolize" pretty sad really,
We had people defend the officer that shot a man lying on his back with his hands in the air while trying to assist a mentally incompetent individual.

Those we entrust with upholding the law must be held to a higher standard than the ones they are policing over. Because some criminal lies, does not make it O.K. for the police to lie. Because some criminal shoots an innocent person does not make it any more excusable when a police officer does it.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,383,157 times
Sheriff David Clarke: Liberal politics and media fueled Milwaukee riots | TheHill

Old 08-17-2016, 02:37 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,456,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've not argued any of that. Stick to the argument. Your attempt to throw in family members is pretty lame.
Nothing lame about it. I think you are trying to argue for the sake of arguing. I think your taking everything so personally is rather lame. Pretty funny that you are the one lecturing others to stick to the argument.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:45 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,456,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

Poverty & crime have always gone hand in hand, this is not a new revelation.
but it is always convenient for politicians to create race war in order to hide the real problems.

Never a solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies