Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 06:41 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
If you don't want to pay the $8 to see a movie, you can leave and pay nothing. If you don't want to pay $2.55/gallon for gasoline, you can leave the car home and ride a bicycle. If you don't want to pay income taxes you can refuse to work or refuse the income.

Income is historically low. It is the dues you pay for the right to live in society with all the roads, street lighting, police protection, fire protection, military at the ready, relatively safe food, and thousands of other benefits of organized, managed, civil society. If you don't want to pay your share of the meager costs, go to Alaska and live off the land. Otherwise you owe your share.

It's amazing to me that righties like to accuse anyone who calls for a return to reasonable taxes a parasite who wants his entitlements and wants a free ride. Yet the same righties object to paying their fair share of tax costs but want to live in society when the only way that can be done is to parasitize off others who do pay.
I've circumvented tax slavery by opting out. I retired, shuttered my business, and laid off all my employees. I exercised my right to choose. Happy now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 06:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Has anyone seen the right for my private business to hire,fire and serve who I please?

If your business serves the public, then that's who you must serve.

Make it a membership only club and then you're free to discriminate to a greater extent, since that seems to be important to you.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Do you drive on the highway? Were you educated in public school? Does clean water come out of your tap? Is there a military that protects your freedoms?
The military protects every income-earning US citizen's freedom , so why isn't every income-earning person paying the same amount in tax, or at the very least... the same federal income tax rate?

Old 08-23-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Make it a membership only club and then you're free to discriminate to a greater extent, since that seems to be important to you.
Actually, that's not true. Muslim schoolgirls are permitted to wear their hijabs in public schools even though OTHER students are prohibited from wearing headwear. In that case, it's the OTHER students who are discriminated against.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:05 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:

Yeah thanks for the advice coach

My criteria to serve someone is simple, if you have money, you can be my customer.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:23 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Do you drive on the highway? Were you educated in public school? Does clean water come out of your tap? Is there a military that protects your freedoms? An emergency room, ambulance, fire department, there to help if something goes horribly wrong? Do you know how the development of the Internet that you are posting on was paid for?

Those things are not free. They are all paid for with taxes.

You know where they don't pay taxes? Somalia.

The "Somalia" card?

Is that all you got?.........really?

1. Other than the military (one of the few legitimate functions of the federal govt) Pretty much the rest of the things in your list could be paid for through the private sector or other means.

2. How about actually answering the question?
At what point does taxation become theft?
How much of my money should I be allowed to keep and why is it ok to tax me at a higher percentage of my income than someone else?

I have no issues with my taxes being used for legitimate, constitutional purposes, but we have gone waaaay beyond that.

Please Liberals, can you really not come up with better responses to try to justify your position of taxing the bejesus out of Americans and American businesses than "MUH ROADS" !!!
and "SOMALIA"!!!!

Old 08-23-2016, 08:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah thanks for the advice coach

My criteria to serve someone is simple, if you have money, you can be my customer.

So, this was just a defelction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest
Has anyone seen the right for my private business to hire,fire and serve who I please?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:39 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
So, this was just a defelction:

[/i]
Uh no. I should still be able to do those things on my private property.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The "Somalia" card?

Is that all you got?.........really?

1. Other than the military (one of the few legitimate functions of the federal govt) Pretty much the rest of the things in your list could be paid for through the private sector or other means.

2. How about actually answering the question?
At what point does taxation become theft?
How much of my money should I be allowed to keep and why is it ok to tax me at a higher percentage of my income than someone else?

I have no issues with my taxes being used for legitimate, constitutional purposes, but we have gone waaaay beyond that.

Please Liberals, can you really not come up with better responses to try to justify your position of taxing the bejesus out of Americans and American businesses than "MUH ROADS" !!!
and "SOMALIA"!!!!

It is like this nation never survived without taxing the people directly. Indirect taxes, were fair for all that used the service, preserving liberties for all

Old 08-23-2016, 10:34 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Basically, I agree. This, however, is a far cry from slavery. I'm not sure that I would equate my citizenship with a bad marriage, but I can see how some might.
Quote:
is a far cry from slavery
Please explain to me how ... and
I can equate that bad marriage to a lot of things the government does to their citizens. The similarities are uncanny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies