Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 01:28 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,567,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Not exactly. The banks didn't start REALLY playing fast and loose with the lending criteria until they created the financial devices that allowed them to take the fees and sell the risk off in bits and pieces to others. Like your 401k. Mortgage notes, which had previously been very sound investments, were no better than junk bonds at that point.

Watch the movie The Big Short. But take your shoes off first, so you aren't tempted to hurl one at your television.
Thanks I just ordered The Big Short.

About 5 years before the crash we rented a place but wanted to buy. I could not understand how people were able to afford to buy a home, the housing market was sky high. One day I went to the bank and found out. I qualified for a mortgage with very little down but then she said you could afford more if you "want a bigger house" you qualify for the mortgage where you pay the interest only portion of the mortgage for the first 5 years. That told me right there that there was funny business going on. The amount they would allow me to borrow and the terms didn't make sense (easy money). I opted to hold off. I didn't have financial expertise and even understood something wasn't right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

Obama came out recently and said the economy is super strong.
LOL, that's reminiscent of the days when they said the housing market was strong.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:31 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I didn't get a free house.
Please stop it. Just because you feel guilty is not a reason for us to care.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
"The rich people got all this money and they not tryna give us none , it's sad"

What's sad is thinking that rich people should give anyone money just because of their skin color or just for existing ..
But telling these same people that they are going to be forced to bail out the markets was the right thing to do?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:

Also I've had a feeling there would be more anti white attitudes, I have been noticing it in the black lives matter movement and elsewhere .

Reporter: I’m leaving Milwaukee because white people are being threatened and attacked « Hot Air

Things started to get really tense later in the night when people started screaming ‘f**k white people,’ ‘white people suck’,†Pool said. He continued,†A reporter was grabbed by some locals and threatened and told to leave.â€

Pool’s concern peaked when he saw a white man who had been shot in the neck and was then extracted from the crowd by police.
So whites will naturally flee then the blacks will complain of white flight.

It's the same mentality of going after business owners then wondering why businesses aren't hiring.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
But telling these same people that they are going to be forced to bail out the markets was the right thing to do?
See how government screws all of us in one way or another?

Old 08-17-2016, 02:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,286,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So whites will naturally flee then the blacks will complain of white flight.

It's the same mentality of going after business owners then wondering why businesses aren't hiring.
It's not whites that keep a neigborhood " good" or economically thriving . It's people working , being productive .

There are decent black majority neighborhoods in the U.S.A , there should be more of them.
There is one in L.A where blacks are now worried about whites moving in ..

'Black Beverly Hills' debates historic status vs. white gentrification - LA Times

Old 08-17-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
See how government screws all of us in one way or another?
We will note.....the one I asked has posted again but not addressed my question.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:58 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,286,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No I don't think it was good that tax payers bailed out Wall Street and bankers .. People that did shady stuff should of been in jail .
Big banks got assets for pennies on the dollar .
Good example is Chase buying Washington mutual .

On the other hand a huge amount of households don't pay federal income taxes . Forbes estimates over 40%. I don't think these Milwaukee riots are tax payers . Unless you are talking about paying tax when they buy beer or cigs

Old 08-17-2016, 04:08 PM

811 posts, read 546,888 times
Y'all need to stop this "you black people had a black president!" Nonsense. That's exactly why he was put in office so whites can use him as a "look at Obama!". He's a token, just like the woman you put in your office so you aren't deemed sexist. Obama is not black. He is a half-breed. He came from a white woman's lower area. Whites have had white presidents before him, so why are there still poor white people? This is y'all logic.

When we get an actual black president who had a black mother/father talk to me. It'll never happen but yea I'll wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies