Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 06:15 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

"...the rich people, they got all this money, and they not, like you know, trying to give us none."

"Give?" Rich people should "give" poor people money because poor people don't have any?

Where is that "I'm entitled to what YOU'VE earned/saved merely because I exist" mentality coming from? Oh yeah, the federal government itself instills that via our highly progressive tax system and the plethora of means-tested welfare program freebie handouts.

We've gone WAY too overboard in that direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 06:18 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
"It's sad because you know, this is what happens because they're not helping the black community, like you know, the rich people, they got all this money, and they not, like you know, trying to give us none."

So despite 8 years of a black President's increasing exucutive orders, black Americans income inequality has soared to record highs.. and yet they continue to support the handouts-party?

Attack Whites Because "The Rich People Are Not Trying To Give Us None"

I guess he thinks there re NO rich blacks!

Old 08-15-2016, 06:20 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sigh. I loathe it when they pick out the worst of the group to interview on camera. I guarantee there were plenty of people there, either in the midst of it or on the outskirts, that could've been interviewed & they would've sounded educated & logical.
Sure, because "educated and logical" people vandalize and burn down their own neighborhoods.

What are you smokin', bra?

Old 08-15-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I posted this in the Milwaukee thread earlier today.

Hysterical. So far removed from reality.

Then another young black male said something along the lines of "we aren't killing each other. They (police) are."

Twilight Zone material. That's all you can say.
I wonder if he finished high school and what his arrest record is, how may kids has he fathered without marrying the mothers?

Old 08-15-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sigh. I loathe it when they pick out the worst of the group to interview on camera. I guarantee there were plenty of people there, either in the midst of it or on the outskirts, that could've been interviewed & they would've sounded educated & logical.
" I guarantee there were plenty of people there, either in the midst of it or on the outskirts, that could've been interviewed & they would've sounded educated & logical"

I agree BUT, why don't they step up and confront the rioters to make the STOP.

I am sure they don't their buildings burnt, cop cares destroyed etc.

Instead they just sit back and watch allowing a few to give the rest of them a BAD REPUTATION.

Like they say, "If you are NOT part of the solution, you ARE part of the problem!"

Old 08-15-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Ok Trump supporters, listen very carefully.

(1) There are crazies, lazies, dazies, and blazies in every community. Just because you see one of these critters making an insane statement doesn't mean he represents his entire group.

Trumplethinskin has made some very absurd statements. Doesn't mean I think he represents all republicans or white people.

(2) No sane progressive ever expected Obama to give handouts to the blacks. As a matter of fact, Obama has spent the last 8 years telling the blacks to take responsibility for their actions and to strive for more.

(3) Ever heard of learned helplessness? I used to work for habitat for humanity. One thing I started noticing is the attitude of a lot of poor people. See, many poor people have accepted that no matter what they do the end result will always be the same, which is them remaining poor.

If one is hung long enough, one will be used to being hung. That's what learned helplessness is. This is also why poor people make decisions that make no sense to the rest of us. They can't help it. All they know is being poor. The only way they can see being lifted out of poverty is by someone else lifting them out of poverty. And sure, I have no doubt that a great many poor blacks hoped that Obama was going to lift them out of poverty. But again, those of us who are sane never expected Obama to lift them out of poverty. It's entirely up to them to lift themselves out of poverty.

(4) At some point, someone always brings up Obamaphone. This is a lie, since the government sponsored phone for the poor was not started by Obama at all. Somehow, christian conservatives stopped believing that lying won't get them to hell. It's in the 10 commandments, for goodness sake. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Remember that one?

Anyway, that's all I have for now, kiddies.
"(1) There are crazies, lazies, dazies, and blazies in every community. Just because you see one of these critters making an insane statement doesn't mean he represents his entire group."

Yet we see on here all the time, 1 repub does or says something stupid and many dems come out vwith 'THE GOP or repubs or Conservatives believe, etc (fill in the blank) Pot meet kettle.

" As a matter of fact, Obama has spent the last 8 years telling the blacks to take responsibility for their actions and to strive for more."

It doesn't MATTER what he says, "if his lips are moving, he is LYING", his ACTIONS say otherwise.

" At some point, someone always brings up Obamaphone. This is a lie,"

It is NOT a lie.

Reagan began the program and it ONLY included 1single land line in the house.

OBAMA ECPANDED the program. Now households can get MULTIPLE "smart" phones phones WITH UNLIMITED voice, text AND DATA.

I know, details, details details."that's all I have for now, kiddies" You should look into mirror!

Old 08-15-2016, 06:54 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
That phrase loosely translates to : the wealthy class of people are hoarding the wealth. Instead of creating jobs, they are dodging taxes..

I speak ghetto. 25 years in medicine.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:19 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"(1) There are crazies, lazies, dazies, and blazies in every community. Just because you see one of these critters making an insane statement doesn't mean he represents his entire group."

Yet we see on here all the time, 1 repub does or says something stupid and many dems come out vwith 'THE GOP or repubs or Conservatives believe, etc (fill in the blank) Pot meet kettle.
Ok, let's look at a few issues for me to show you that we are not caricaturizing the republican stances. When we criticize the republicans for certain things, we really mean it.

Anti-gay.

A Brief And Ugly History of the GOP's Anti-LGBT Platform

Just last month, the GOP officially took the most anti-gay stance in years.

Warmongering.

Bush took us into Iraq. Cruz wanted to bomb the middle east until the sand glows. Trump wants to end diplomacy with Iran and probably wants to take us to war there. And you guys voted all these leaders into office.

Want me to point out more issues that sound crazy but actually are the official GOP stances?

Quote:
" As a matter of fact, Obama has spent the last 8 years telling the blacks to take responsibility for their actions and to strive for more."

It doesn't MATTER what he says, "if his lips are moving, he is LYING", his ACTIONS say otherwise.
There you go again. How can we take you seriously if you take a caricaturized version of Obama at heart?

Quote:
" At some point, someone always brings up Obamaphone. This is a lie,"

It is NOT a lie.

Reagan began the program and it ONLY included 1single land line in the house.

OBAMA ECPANDED the program. Now households can get MULTIPLE "smart" phones phones WITH UNLIMITED voice, text AND DATA.

I know, details, details details."that's all I have for now, kiddies" You should look into mirror!
Funny how just right after I reminded you guys about the part in the 10 commandments where thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor, you went ahead and told another obviously false lie.

Heck, it's not even funded by tax payers.

The Obama Phone?

My question to you is are you a caricaturized version of a republican?

Old 08-15-2016, 07:20 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Dems are all criminals.

tell that to the fallen democratic soldiers - or their families in their face my hubby was one and was buried with full honors

Old 08-15-2016, 07:26 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Yes this is completely relevant here. Maybe the solution is ignorant of the problem overall but it's understandable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYzX3YZoMrs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies