Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 03:22 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,706,694 times

Advertisements

I think income tax should be replaced by a national sales tax. Only States can impose an income tax. At the end of the year similiar to yearly bonus certain percentage of money is allocated to the public with lower income earners receiving a larger percentage of the money and higher income earners receiving a lower percentage.

Food, gas, automobile purchases, and home purchases are exempt from National sales tax.
Think there also should be a flat national corporate tax. Think should be a gambling and lottery tax based off of winnings, but dictated by the State you live in the percentage taxed. Native American Reservations can add on a winnings tax if on a Reservation that goes to the Reservation.

A tax on any off shore finances owned by financial investors or corporations.

Alcohol, cigarette, and marijuana tax on these 3 products. The tax rate is set up by the State and the taxes go to VA care, mental health care, and social services in the State.

A flat rate social security tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 03:32 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I think income tax should be replaced by a national sales tax. Only States can impose an income tax. At the end of the year similiar to yearly bonus certain percentage of money is allocated to the public with lower income earners receiving a larger percentage of the money and higher income earners receiving a lower percentage.

Food, gas, automobile purchases, and home purchases are exempt from National sales tax.
Think there also should be a flat national corporate tax. Think should be a gambling and lottery tax based off of winnings, but dictated by the State you live in the percentage taxed. Native American Reservations can add on a winnings tax if on a Reservation that goes to the Reservation.

A tax on any off shore finances owned by financial investors or corporations.

Alcohol, cigarette, and marijuana tax on these 3 products. The tax rate is set up by the State and the taxes go to VA care, mental health care, and social services in the State.

A flat rate social security tax.
I like the idea, but I am not sure how it works.

I think taxpayers should be able to choose whether their money goes to schools or the police or Medicaid.

I want to spend all my tax dollars on the veterans (the combat veterans especially) and children with illnesses, and universal health care. I think being denied healthcare simply because you are poor is really sad.

Oh, my tax dollars should all go to American citizens. (race doesn't matter)

Old 08-17-2016, 03:50 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,706,694 times
In our state a small portion of taxes from alcohol and cigarettes goes to this Veterans charity just recently heard about. Alcoholism is a big issue of mental health and mental health is one of the most underfunded services in States. Our State alone cut $30 million this year and think this year to mental health services.

Gas tax and tolls already allocate money to transportation and road services in the State. So why not the same with alcohol.

Also feel there should be emergency medical coverage, where not sure where that be allocated from, where with a hospital if you come in need a surgery done can't pay for it due to income can balance it off income and come up with a wage. Also if you are rushed into the hospital and need emergency work that is really expensive tax money would cover 75% of it. Think this can be added on by states to tax health insurance bought through a state run market. Those who buy in low income heakth insurance, but make more then x amount of money are taxed an additional 1 to 5% in addition to the other tax.

School taxes should be taxed only by towns/city. Property taxes by county or town/city.

This may be a whole another thread. States should create their own minimum wage with no federal minimum. The only stipulation is the wage can fluctuate yearly based off of cost of living for one person in a State. For example my State is somewhere between $15-$20 an hour to survive on. Where other States $10 an hour is enough. It would encourage States to work on lowering taxes and cost of living.

Think they should do away with Medicare, again another topic. Still off Medicare type insurance to those who can't afford it. However, stipulations only allowed to be on it X amount of years, 3 years. After 3 year's have to have a letter from your Doctor explaining you have a disability can't work and would be eligible for it. In addition to, those who have a disability are allowed to work 20 or less hours a week. They don't have to worry about losing their insurance or SSI.

Now again another topic universal mental health care and universal health care to those 65 and older.

Last edited by RunD1987; 08-17-2016 at 04:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies