Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 08:18 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know why everyone is flipping out over Trumps Obama isis remarks because they are true.
Obama, Kerry and Hillary all had a hand in allowing isis to rise to power when the balance in Syria and Libya was upset and left to go off the edge.

Trumps tough words may rile up the enemy but at least he can call them what they are, radical islamics. Obama can't even say that or call isis isis.

Obama has done a good job of hitting isis with drones but why does he fear hitting them with harsh words?

The only thing that threatens our troops is the enemy and weak leaders.
Lets not forget Benghazi.

Is this the same Joe Biden that voted to go to war with Iraq way back in 2002?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 09:40 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No senator sent our troops to Iraq.

FYI: it was the "commander in chief" who also referred to himself as "the decider."

But it's very amusing how Dubya apologists to this day still try to deflect from his titanic failure.

Read the Iraq Resolution sometime.

It wasn't a "permission to invade" like so many RWNJs still like to pretend it was.

"It wasn't a "permission to invade" like so many RWNJs still like to pretend it was.

So what does, "The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" MEAN WHEN THEY VOTED FOR THE AUTHORIZATION BILL?

"The Iraq Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

The title ALONE give him the authority.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:43 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It wasn't a "permission to invade" like so many RWNJs still like to pretend it was.

So what does, "The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" MEAN WHEN THEY VOTED FOR THE AUTHORIZATION BILL?

"The Iraq Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

The title ALONE give him the authority.
Too many Lefties on this site think they are military generals or on the Chiefs of Staff or something when they don't know what these resolutions actually mean or even what an Enemy Combatant is and the laws surrounding their detention. Reagan was 100% correct when he said Liberals just know so much that just isn't true or something along those lines. It's demonstrated daily all over the internet.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:51 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Just because somebody "served" in the military, doesn't mean this person is particularly brave. (doesn't mean this person is not brave either)

For example, whose job is more dangerous? a direct commission officer in the U.S. Naval Reserve, a program that allows civilians with no prior service to receive a limited duty officer's commission after attending a two-week class covering topics such as military history, Or a combat Marine who is with 1st battalion 5th marines ?

sue me sue me.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No senator sent our troops to Iraq.

FYI: it was the "commander in chief" who also referred to himself as "the decider."

But it's very amusing how Dubya apologists to this day still try to deflect from his titanic failure.

Read the Iraq Resolution sometime.

It wasn't a "permission to invade" like so many RWNJs still like to pretend it was.

Iraq does fall into the lap of Bush. Do I wish that more Senators had a spine and voted no? I do but most did believe in the whole stupid thing. But yes, this is Bush's baby and many do deflect from that when they try and pass it off on Congress.

Just the same as you do when it's pointed out that Libya, Syria and us still being in Iraq is totally on Obama.

You can't expect others to act in a way you will not.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Too many Lefties on this site think they are military generals or on the Chiefs of Staff or something when they don't know what these resolutions actually mean or even what an Enemy Combatant is and the laws surrounding their detention. Reagan was 100% correct when he said Liberals just know so much that just isn't true or something along those lines. It's demonstrated daily all over the internet.
It was a major mistake. In the end what happens under a presidents term is his to own. Bush was a total failure as president.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:10 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
This is after Trump said in effect that Obama founded ISIS.

Lets be clear, US Soldiers are threatened because they have been sent back to Iraq to retake cities their fellow soldiers died to take but after which Obama made us retreat only to die another day.
Trump was right. Obama and Sec'y Clinton's policies spawned the rise of ISIS. There is no denying this.

And such comments from Biden are reprehensible, coming from an administration that has announced in advance to our enemies what our plans are.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:30 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Trump is, in many ways, the perfect America. He knows little about politics but continues on acting as though he does"

If you think "knowing about politics" is reserved excusably to the government, you only show your LACK OF KNOWLEDGE on how to build and run a business, small OR huge like trump's.
Well, I'm not claiming to know how to run a business. How that's relevant to what we're talking about is beyond me, but I gather you're a contrarian, so who cares.

To illustrate my point, Donald, when asked a question, has been caught basically just making something up to justify his answer. The most recent and obvious example I can think of his is comments on the Russia/Ukraine business, where he gave an analysis that was simply incorrect from an objective point of view. It's one thing to not just know, but to pretend he does is a sign of his character. And it's not good.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Well, I'm not claiming to know how to run a business. How that's relevant to what we're talking about is beyond me, but I gather you're a contrarian, so who cares.

To illustrate my point, Donald, when asked a question, has been caught basically just making something up to justify his answer. The most recent and obvious example I can think of his is comments on the Russia/Ukraine business, where he gave an analysis that was simply incorrect from an objective point of view. It's one thing to not just know, but to pretend he does is a sign of his character. And it's not good.
Those who supposedly are knowledgable have done an extremely poor job in that part of the world so I don't see the problem.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:40 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
In all honestly, though the United States is moving towards energy independence, it does not follow that Washington will cease to be interested in global energy markets and the global and regional security issues attached to them. Energy independence will not eliminate threats to America’s economic and national security emanating from the Middle East, and a U.S. withdrawal could prompt rivals to increase their presence in the region. For these reasons, energy independence will not significantly alter U.S. policy toward the region.

Yes, it is nice to say "bring the troops home", but it doesn't seem like America can really escape middle east anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies