Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 08:47 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Well, I'm not claiming to know how to run a business."

EXACTLY!

BECAUSE you DON'T know means you can't comprehend how running a business is a LOT like being a politician and having political experience.

Politician get bills passed by "NEGOTIATING and "MAKING DEALS" with other politicians.

THAT is what trump is a master at.

You don't build a $10 billion empire by NOT being excellent at those 2.
Government is not a for profit business. Unlike in the business world, Trump (as president) would be subject to limitation from the other parts of the government. These limitations do not exist, certainly not to the same extent that they do in government, in the business world.

I guess Trump could go the whole "executive order" route, but then he'd be to much like his favorite Kenyan. Not that his fans would hold him accountable to that; they never hold him accountable for anything.

Negotiating and making deals are not the only things a president is expected to do, nor do they work the same way in politics as they do in business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 08:53 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I am NOT assuming anything you think.

I read your exact word:

"Anyone who knows McCain's story would NEVER say that."

You made this claim.I proved you are wrong."(I know, that's what you said I think and you'll just have to deal with the fact that you're wrong"

No, you are wrong.You see we are BOTH entitled to our own opinion. I did NOT say you were wrong, as I am NOT wrong.

I said I DISAGREE with your opinion which you state as fact when it is NOT.

"He's a hero because when given the opportunity to be released, he refused unless the others got to leave as well."

A good read if you are interested from someone who was POW BEFORE and during McCains time.

I Spent Years as a POW with John McCain, and His Finger Should Not Be Near the Red Button | Alternet

A different take on your claim.

"3) John was offered, and refused, "early release." Many of us were given this offer. It meant speaking out against your country and lying about your treatment to the press. You had to "admit" that the U.S. was criminal and that our treatment was "lenient and humane." So I, like numerous others, refused the offer. This was obviously something none of us could accept. Besides, we were bound by our service regulations, Geneva Conventions and loyalties to refuse early release until all the POW's were released, with the sick and wounded going first.

" If you disagree because you, I assume, think you're better than him".

You shouldn't assume ANYTHING (something you do a lot of) The ONLY one here who thinks they are better then others, is YOU.
You said being captured does not make him a hero, a phrase you would only say if you thought that's why I said he was a hero. Thus, you are wrong, or enjoy saying useless things just so we all hear what you have to say. I'm fine with either, I guess.

I'll make my point clear one last time: refusal to reject your own principals in the face of necessary hardship is a form of bravery that I feel in McCain's situation warrants heroism. This is true regardless of other also getting the offer and also refusing. I agree; serving alone does not make one a hero. But I never thought that. Feel free to continue thinking that I did.

Now, on assumption, I think you missed my point. I'll restate it clealry: if you can assume things about me, I can assume things about you. To think otherwise makes you... well, there's a word for it and if I use it I'll get some rambling rant, filled with unnecessarily capitalized words, about how mean and stupid I am. So I'll trust that you're smart enough to figure out what that mystery word is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies