Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 08:19 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It's asinine to bring up a minor problem to justify your agenda while ignoring much bigger problems.
Who says I have an agenda just because I disagree with you?
Who says I want to ignore bigger problems because we happen to be discussing this one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 08:54 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Who says I have an agenda just because I disagree with you?
Who says I want to ignore bigger problems because we happen to be discussing this one?
I did. Tell us what's your purpose for bringing up the dead children died of gun shots?

Old 08-17-2016, 09:21 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Detroit news of shooting is an exotic import that needs to compete with the local brand.

https://www.gofundme.com/2jfyg84

Be sure to say poor Tavon and wait for them to correct you.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:24 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Your comment is quite laughable and my point has completely gone over your head. You are correct though, 3 of the 8 were due to the negligence of the parents not having secured their firearms. My mistake, the number of children caught up in the crossfire is 6. And I never stated that BLM was protesting here, my question was why aren't they ?

I guess I don't understand and probably never will why riots are started , protests happen over the death of a criminal doing thug things (pointing a gun and a LEO) but the streets are silent over the deaths of children and any other innocent person caught up in the crossfire of this thug life. Our media is silent, our politicians are silent as well as BLM. For us laymen , it does not make sense. If black lives matter (actually all lives matter) why aren't they protesting for things that happen on a daily basis ? Please explain this to me ?

As far as the tragic death of the little girl...again , that was thugs doing thug things. The grandma knew her daughter was harboring a fugitive wanted for murder. And the grandma fought with the officer causing the negligent discharge. The daughter (mother of the little girl ) and the grandma are the ones to blame for the little girls death. They should have turned in the murdering thug that they were hiding. Geoffrey Figer, a huge proponent for cases like these walked away from it. And what , 3 miss trials now ? This wasn't the cops fault.
My question is WHY DO THEY NEED TO BE? Every city with violence in the black community have marches and rallies against violence. If a tree falls in the forest does it make any sound? Not if you are not in the forest to hear it. If blacks rally against violence in their community, does it make any sound? Again....not if you are not their to hear it.

When you see the world through the lens and pens of the media, all you THINK you KNOW is what they show you. If you want to start an organization that fights against violence in the black community....feel free.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:26 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Very sad. However, it isn't uncommon for children to lose their lives as a result of disputes between adults. Unfortunately, people are desensitized to such issues.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:35 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Lets face it, black on black violence, even resulting is death is portrayed as domestic violence as you would associate with a mother killing her children or some parent leaving their child to die in a hot car.

Untouchable and none of anyone else's business.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:42 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
My question is WHY DO THEY NEED TO BE? Every city with violence in the black community have marches and rallies against violence. If a tree falls in the forest does it make any sound? Not if you are not in the forest to hear it. If blacks rally against violence in their community, does it make any sound? Again....not if you are not their to hear it.

When you see the world through the lens and pens of the media, all you THINK you KNOW is what they show you. If you want to start an organization that fights against violence in the black community....feel free.

I'm just trying to figure out how all this makes sense. When our politicians , media and SJW's side with BLM movement and all the unjust towards criminals that deserve what they got why aren't they making noise for the innocent ? I guess I just can't wrap my head around it.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:49 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm just trying to figure out how all this makes sense. When our politicians , media and SJW's side with BLM movement and all the unjust towards criminals that deserve what they got why aren't they making noise for the innocent ? I guess I just can't wrap my head around it.
You cannot wrap your head around it because you do not have an open and objective mind. Your mind will not let you see or think in a way that contradicts your prejudgement. You have it all figured out already....and hence cannot wrap your mind around people who have come to different conclusions than you. There is nothing about BLM and this incident that I have a problem with understanding. I am in the forest with the trees.....you are out in the ocean somewhere.

Like someone pointed out.....when people get arrested and prosecuted....that is how the system is supposed to work. People get punished for their crimes. What is there to protest? Its because police get to play judge, jury and executioner.....and are not punished for taking a life, which requires protest.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:53 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
If you want to make an omelet you have to break a few eggs. BLM, the Revolutionary Communist Party know people must be sacrificed for the revolution. They are willing for the price to be paid, if not by them, perhaps.
From that big pool of people eligible for sacrifice, the liberal dems take their share, as they sacrifice lives today, for the banishment of private gun ownership in the distant future. this perfectly explains why gun laws proposed exempt the people doing most of the killing and sucede only in suffocating the freedom law abiding gun owners.

The academic theory that drives the ideology of hillay and obama is 'the absence of guns is directly proportional to the elimination of guns. Zero guns means zero deaths. With an eye on that prize, Dems are happy to sacrifice innocent 7 year olds to achieve their theoretical goals at some distant time in the future.

Further, they theorize that increased number of gun laws are inversely proportional to gun violence.

Blindly ignoring statistics, Obama tells us that the cities with the tightest gun laws have the least amount of violence. A clear denial of reality and qualifies obama as a science denier.

BLM cares not a whit for black lives, neither do hillary and obama as evidenced by the death toll in our cities.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:53 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You cannot wrap your head around it because you do not have an open and objective mind. Your mind will not let you see or think in a way that contradicts your prejudgement. You have it all figured out already....and hence cannot wrap your mind around people who have come to different conclusions than you. There is nothing about BLM and this incident that I have a problem with understanding. I am in the forest with the trees.....you are out in the ocean somewhere.
So , I'm the one with a problem because I don't understand how some organization chooses to protest over criminals but is silent over innocent victims , all of the same color ? What does having an open mind or not, have to do with this ? Shouldn't the name be "Black Lives Matter....only if shot by a cop"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies