Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 11:33 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
BLM started off as a good grass roots movement to bring notice to a real problem and attention for change.
What they have developed into is no better than a terrorist group and each day we see more and more evidence of that.

When will they be recognized and treated for what they are a Domestic Terrorist group.
They may have started out as peaceful activists, but were quickly taken over by black nationalist extremists. THEY became even worse than what THEY are protesting.

Imagine cops walking the streets chanting "what do you want "DEAD BLACKS" when do you want it "NOW!"

There are laws against inciting violence, and BLM have been breaking the law with impunity... so this is why we have massive spikes in violence recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 11:59 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,552 times
What do you expect when the country is going to elect a president who is promoting illegal immigrants publicly on their podium without any fear of them getting deported. People dont care for law & order or illegal activities anymore. Your leaders reflect the collective conscious of your nation. Going from land of the free to the land of politically correct. Getting used to it. Patriotism is seen as an old fashioned, outdated, bigoted concept. I dont have a problem with peaceful protests & taking a stand for yourself. But nobody is above the law. You are harming your cause by resorting to violence. Lead by example. Study hard, stay away from trouble & break away from miserable life. If a poor immigrant can make it in this country, so can the poor people born here. Prove yourself to the world by breaking stereotypes.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:25 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If bad cops exists, then as A TAXPAYER, I want something done about it and if the only group trying to get something done about me paying for bad cops is BLM, then what the problem is? If the Klan want to protest bad policing and cops... I do not have a problem with who is doing it. I support it because its a "Just cause". If a bad group supports a just cause, then I compartmentalize my support of that group TO THEIR JUST CAUSE. I am on the side of "just causes".

Well, that assumes that BLM is the only group "doing something" about "bad" cops. I'm not sure that's true.

Further, they seem primarily focused on one specific aspect of "bad" policing. One that doesn't happen as often as others, in fact.

As a taxpayer, I would want the most used abuses to be addressed first, then the next so, etc.

Plus, BLM is far from being "laser focused" on fixing bad policing in general. Is it better than nothing? Probably.

We agree, however, that attempting to correct bad policing is a just cause that BLM has undertaken and I support them in that specific effort.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 297 times
As a resident of the Ashburn/Wrightwood neighborhood a few short blocks from where Dennis was killed, this is all very disturbing. I think the opinions of those who do not live in this neighborhood or in one of the cities more violent areas are a little misinformed. This shooting has nothing to do with BLM and all police are not bad... Chicago is now officially a lawless town being terrorrized by misguided, disenfranchised, angry youths with guns. Make no mistake, some of these shootings are targeted, but more are random in many cases. The shooters are not even robbing or in dispute with many of these victims, they are just randomly driving or walking through neighborhoods and shooting innocent people for no reason. In the small section of Wrightwood where Dennis was killled, many of the residents are retired city workers or working professionals some with younger children. Lately the gang activity in this area has been building resulting in regular shootings. I don't think the shooters even live in this area, they are just claiming blocks and marking territory as if they pay property taxes. Wake up Chicago, this is not about BLM or Cops... it's about getting this gun violence under control and ramping up gun laws in this state. If not...trust me, this problem will eventually make its way into your good neighborhood, just like it filtered into the quiet neighborhood of Wrightwood...

Old 11-05-2016, 12:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I don't understand. Does this mean BLM activists are now killing cop family members? Or was this a gang-related issue and nothing to do with BLM?
None of the above.

There was an activist protest back in August demanding the shooter be found and brought to justice.

Neither of the 2 young men who were shot on the porch that night had any gang affiliation or any interaction with Police for crime.

The investigation is ongoing. It seems to be believed that this was either a case of mistaken identity or a part of a routine gang initiation whereby recruits are required to shoot and kill anyone to prove their worth and willingness to follow orders. The recruit then claims the murder to justify being allowed to join the gang.

There's no fixing hood rat.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Former police officer. Blue lives matter. I'm just trying to find out more on this event. Was it random or a targeted hit on a cop's child? Where in town did it occur? South side where kids get killed lying in their own beds? Random or did someone kill this young man because he's the child of a cop? Was it BLM? It's hard to comment when all you can do is speculate but BLM is showing themselves to be more and more radical by the day.
Investigation is ongoing.

Nothing to suggest targeting.

It's believed it was either a case of mistaken identity or a part of a gang initiation whereby recruits are expected to shoot and kill a random person. If the latter, he and his friend may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Had they not been on the porch, likely the shooter would have murdered someone else.

An activist group known for protesting BLM issues protested on behalf of the officer's son who was murdered.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:02 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I don't understand. Does this mean BLM activists are now killing cop family members? Or was this a gang-related issue and nothing to do with BLM?
The wording is strange; i don't really understand what the title is trying to convey either.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutLeaving View Post
As a resident of the Ashburn/Wrightwood neighborhood a few short blocks from where Dennis was killed, this is all very disturbing. I think the opinions of those who do not live in this neighborhood or in one of the cities more violent areas are a little misinformed. This shooting has nothing to do with BLM and all police are not bad... Chicago is now officially a lawless town being terrorrized by misguided, disenfranchised, angry youths with guns. Make no mistake, some of these shootings are targeted, but more are random in many cases. The shooters are not even robbing or in dispute with many of these victims, they are just randomly driving or walking through neighborhoods and shooting innocent people for no reason. In the small section of Wrightwood where Dennis was killled, many of the residents are retired city workers or working professionals some with younger children. Lately the gang activity in this area has been building resulting in regular shootings. I don't think the shooters even live in this area, they are just claiming blocks and marking territory as if they pay property taxes. Wake up Chicago, this is not about BLM or Cops... it's about getting this gun violence under control and ramping up gun laws in this state. If not...trust me, this problem will eventually make its way into your good neighborhood, just like it filtered into the quiet neighborhood of Wrightwood...
Just realized that this is an older thread.

Most of Chicago is relatively safe. Most shootings occur in 5 out of 25 Police Districts. The location of this particular shooting occurred in a relatively quiet neighborhood, not known for violent crime.

While most shooters, when caught, have a gang affiliation, the shooting is often a result of a personal disput, as simple as a perception of disrespect. The random drive-by shootings are believed to be a part of gang initiationsa just shoot some random person and claim your victim.

I do not think gun laws have much to do with these shootings as most guns, when recovered tend to be stolen or a result of some kind of straw purchasing scheme.

The real issue seems to be with lax Minimum Sentencing and Parole, the revolving f door, which are state issues. As I understand it, once does not survive a medium-high security prison unless one affiliates with a prison gang- certainly not unique to Illinois.

Chicago is a major hub for drug distribution, especially Heroin. Trafficking is controlled by the Mexican Cartels and young black youth serve as the retail distributors on the street. You have your very young kids on bikes serving as lookouts. It's a way of life.

A black high school drop out with no marketable skills might be employable, part time, at a distant fast food place for minimum wage or could make $100 a day, tax- free, slinging dope on the streets.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:31 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Who is disputing that bad cops exist?

Just like doctors, lawyers, architects, carpenters, plumbers, janitors, IT wonks, bus drivers, etc, there are bad people in every profession, of every color and of every socio-economic background.
Doctors kill a lot more people than cops do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies