Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 05:08 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,332 times

Advertisements

It seems like many of you have forgotten what it's like to be 18. Also forgotten some of the party pictures of Bush girls in their younger days.

While I was pretty much a goody-goody, I did have my moments.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 05:10 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Funny how Sarah Palin's "personal family issues" were major topics for leftists on this board-long after she left public office. Yet the First Family is supposed to be completely ignored?
Sarah Palins "kids" were over the age of 18, and were public figures on their own when they got the most discussion. And as I recall THEY went on news shows and talked about it. In addition Palins actions in attempting to have the one cop fired kind of DID make it all of reasonable public interest as well. You know...on reflection....Palins such a train wreck I have no idea WHICH personal family issue you are referring too. So be specific and maybe I can explain the difference.

The whole "was Palin actually the mother of X" thing was disgraceful though. (I can't remember the name of her daughters kid).

The difference? The age, and whether the child was being public about it. Adults are fair game, and at 18 Malia is starting to get there.....thus we see articles like this.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:27 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
President Dad " lecture, lecture, lecture "

Malia " Uhh, Dad, I've read your book "

Dad " Dammit"

Old 08-22-2016, 12:34 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larali View Post
She's 18, good lord. I did much worse through my 20s and I turned out fine.
You sure about that?

I can't criticize Obama on his parenting, he seems like an excellent Father....raising teen girls is tough in any circumstance....I wish him well.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:49 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sarah Palins "kids" were over the age of 18, and were public figures on their own when they got the most discussion. And as I recall THEY went on news shows and talked about it. In addition Palins actions in attempting to have the one cop fired kind of DID make it all of reasonable public interest as well. You know...on reflection....Palins such a train wreck I have no idea WHICH personal family issue you are referring too. So be specific and maybe I can explain the difference.

The whole "was Palin actually the mother of X" thing was disgraceful though. (I can't remember the name of her daughters kid).

The difference? The age, and whether the child was being public about it. Adults are fair game, and at 18 Malia is starting to get there.....thus we see articles like this.
Please.

Your ilk didn't care and were (and remain) so vile that they went so far as to call SPs down syndrome child a "retard".

Palin is a train wreck?

Compared to whom, these days?

Old 08-22-2016, 02:52 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,287 times
It isn't what she did or didn't do. Who or what caused the MM to back off this story?

Old 08-22-2016, 04:52 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Why has this Malia story died within days?
It's a non-issue.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:25 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Please.

Your ilk didn't care and were (and remain) so vile that they went so far as to call SPs down syndrome child a "retard".

Palin is a train wreck?

Compared to whom, these days?
I think you missed the part where greywar said that that was disgraceful.

Here is the quote again.

Quote:

So apparently, greywar does care, he called it out as disgraceful, rightfully so, which would be the opposite of approval.

And technically, I'm a "retard" (I have Ataxic Cerebral Palsy). It's not a bad thing, it just is, and most certainly nothing to be ashamed of. It does make life interesting though.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:55 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larali View Post
She's 18, good lord. I did much worse through my 20s and I turned out fine.
"and I turned out fine."

You MIGHT be biased in your opinions.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:59 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why would this ruin things for him? He raised a daughter in the public eye whose accomplishments left her with the choice of attending the college of her choice. He was so lax in "tightening up the reins" that she *only* is attending Harvard.

Oy vey. Take a look in the mirror and at your own kids before you judge Malia Obama.
" she *only* is attending Harvard."

This post is NOT about her.

You don't know much about Harvard do you?

They will take IN ANY kid who has connections, ESPECIALLY a presidents daughter for the publicity it gives them.

Harvard ids FILLED with "connected" students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies