Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 04:09 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Presidents don't have to be at every disaster. A president being there is a dog and pony show. Besides, sometimes, if not all the time, the logistics of a presidential visit during, or in the aftermath of, a disaster takes resources away from the efforts of the emergency agencies helping those affected by it.

[stay home]
I love these bs excuses from you people. The hypocrisy is so thick it's amazing. But don't think voters haven't noticed the Obama and Hillary disconnect.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I love these bs excuses from you people. The hypocrisy is so thick it's amazing. But don't think voters haven't noticed the Obama and Hillary disconnect.
No. It's realistic. I don't buy into the dog and pony show. And if the voters need that to decide how they vote, it only shows how simple-minded they are, and they deserve Clinton and Trump.

[did you see what I did there?]

Old 08-19-2016, 04:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
No. It's realistic. I don't buy into the dog and pony show. And if the voters need that to decide how they vote, it only shows how simple-minded they are, and they deserve Clinton and Trump.

[did you see what I did there?]
I did!

I'm voting my conscience this time around!

Gary Johnson 2016

He may not win, but at least I'll be able to say I didn't vote for the lesser of two evils, only to defend or deny it (like other members of the herd) when the sht hits the fan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Anyone who votes for either Clinton or Trump are hypocrites, and LIV's to boot! We'll either get a confirmed socio-pathetic liar and political criminal, or an authoritarian billionaire. OMG, is this really what this country has devolved to?

Old 08-19-2016, 04:49 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Here is the silly side of reality.

The fact is a president has no business getting in the middle of something like that. He does need to stand up and make it really clear that his heart is with the people, that he cares and he is mobilizing the resources at his disposal to insure all the federal government can do is done.

BUT getting in the middle of it only complicates things.

Obama's problem is the took wild and unwarranted shots at Mr. Bush for not doing what Mr. Obama now knows is not smart.

well... that's giving Obama some credit.

Backing up a bit.

What Mr. Obama HAS DONE is issue a Justice Department warning to the state and local officials telling them that he is watching them to insure they don't discriminate. He is a dirt bag. He should stay away and if he were honest he should say he doesn't care about Louisiana and its southern Cajun voters that will never support his version of America.

As a Louisiana Ex-Pat living in the Great State of Texas, im offended by Bammer and his justice department thuggary.
Now he is going.

Gee, I wonder what changed? Kind of like the Queen of England after the British people turned on the royal family after Diana's death. The old bat went outside Buckingham Palace and started talking to the "people". She was advised you better take some action.

Yes, he has to bring race into it. Always stirring the pot.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:50 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,942,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I heard an interview with the governor of Louisiana asking President Obama to stay away for a few weeks because the security requirements for a Presidential visit would hinder the rescue and recovery efforts. The Donald will be visiting because it will be a great publicity stunt no matter what it costs the victims of the flooding.
What else was he going to say, Obama is invited but we got snubbed because my request doesn't come with votes for HilliBilli attached?

Old 08-19-2016, 05:02 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
So many of you are nutty, when the president comes to our city, what a MESS. LA and floods don't need more to deal with. What's the president going to do?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-21-2016 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-19-2016, 05:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
For everyone who feels the President needs to be there to coddle them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-9FQeMCinw

[]

Old 08-19-2016, 05:12 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
Let Obama play on the beach and build his sand castles. They're better off without his getting in the way. Hillary wanted to go but it was too much of a slip and fall risk. Plus she's on bed rest anyway and a photo op from a hospital gurney wouldn't look good.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:13 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So many of you are nutty, when the president comes to our city, what a MESS. LA and floods don't need more to deal with. What's the president going to do?
Funny you should mention that.

I live in LA. Every time Obama comes into town he is on the westside, by your area. Manages to arrive around rush hour, and ties up already bad traffic.

I had to laugh one time the younger people who voted for him were protesting him as he was on his way to Gweneth Paltrow's house for a $30,000 a plate dinner. Why doesn't he come to East LA or South Central?

LOL, the light bulb had gone off with them. They realized they had been duped. I have lost track of the number of times Obama comes here, for awhile it seemed like it was monthly. Always the westside, you know Beverly Hills, Bel Air, the Palisades.....all for fundraisers.

He can cut his golf vacation short and he is. Due to outcry.

As I said just like the old bat the Queen was told, you better take some action.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-21-2016 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 08-19-2016, 05:17 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,968,732 times
Here is the ultimate hipocrisy. You can be a liberal with bleeding hearts and willing to bring in all types of refugees at the cost of the demise of our American heritage. But where are the open hearts when the people of LA are calling for the president to come?

No, a commander in chief will stop what he is doing and attend. Leaders, commanders, Authorities, will demonstrate strength and honor to their people. Again, strength, leadership, command, authority- things that are foreign to liberals....

Connect the dots and you will see things differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies