Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 02:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times

Advertisements

From the WaPo -

"Obama just doesn't like to fake it. If he doesn't want to do something or thinks it's stupid to do it — regardless of whether it actually is stupid — he won't do it."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ding/#comments

There you go. And this from one of the better reporters at the WaPo.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
He already booked his fight and can't change it.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:47 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
I can't believe the excuses the media comes up with for Obama. Can you imagine any of the WaPo reporters trying to spin this excuse for GWB?

Old 08-19-2016, 02:55 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Here is the silly side of reality.

The fact is a president has no business getting in the middle of something like that. He does need to stand up and make it really clear that his heart is with the people, that he cares and he is mobilizing the resources at his disposal to insure all the federal government can do is done.

BUT getting in the middle of it only complicates things.

Obama's problem is the took wild and unwarranted shots at Mr. Bush for not doing what Mr. Obama now knows is not smart.

well... that's giving Obama some credit.

Backing up a bit.

What Mr. Obama HAS DONE is issue a Justice Department warning to the state and local officials telling them that he is watching them to insure they don't discriminate. He is a dirt bag. He should stay away and if he were honest he should say he doesn't care about Louisiana and its southern Cajun voters that will never support his version of America.

As a Louisiana Ex-Pat living in the Great State of Texas, im offended by Bammer and his justice department thuggary.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:34 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I heard an interview with the governor of Louisiana asking President Obama to stay away for a few weeks because the security requirements for a Presidential visit would hinder the rescue and recovery efforts. The Donald will be visiting because it will be a great publicity stunt no matter what it costs the victims of the flooding.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:40 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I heard an interview with the governor of Louisiana asking President Obama to stay away for a few weeks because the security requirements for a Presidential visit would hinder the rescue and recovery efforts. The Donald will be visiting because it will be a great publicity stunt no matter what it costs the victims of the flooding.
Ah, I see those pesky things called facts have finally emerged. I can see why they get in the way of a good fable.. like Trump actually caring more than Obama about the flooding.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:46 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
And that's total nonsense. The governor of Louisiana is a Democrat, so naturally he carries Obama's water for him.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I can't believe the excuses the media comes up with for Obama. Can you imagine any of the WaPo reporters trying to spin this excuse for GWB?
Presidents don't have to be at every disaster. A president being there is a dog and pony show. Besides, sometimes, if not all the time, the logistics of a presidential visit during, or in the aftermath of, a disaster takes resources away from the efforts of the emergency agencies helping those affected by it.

[stay home]

Old 08-19-2016, 03:49 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Ah, I see those pesky things called facts have finally emerged. I can see why they get in the way of a good fable.. like Trump actually caring more than Obama about the flooding.

I didn't even know about the flooding until the Trump/Flood visit appeared on my gym TV today. It was a brief coverage sandwiched between the obama/Iran ransom deal and Pay4Play Clinton scandal.

Made me realize there is still some good in the world

Old 08-19-2016, 03:50 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From the WaPo -

"Obama just doesn't like to fake it. If he doesn't want to do something or thinks it's stupid to do it — regardless of whether it actually is stupid — he won't do it."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ding/#comments

There you go. And this from one of the better reporters at the WaPo.
This is a guy who stopped his vacation to orate "Trayvon could have been my son!"
The dude injects himself into every race related incident he can get into! The floods have no race or divisive value... besides Louisianians vote red, so he REALLY doesn't give a crap.

Seriously, this is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies