Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 06:52 AM

59,043 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
the conservative white male sold its soul to the gop many years ago.

watch the 60 minutes documentary of the whites of appalachia. whites who vote generation after generation republican and are worse off than ever.

at the beginning of the month the walmart is like an amusement park because thats when all the whites get there disability checks.

the white male is the most dependent on government.
"watch the 60 minutes documentary"

60 minutes is no better then the Enquirer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 07:56 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
LOL on this.

I paid $1.79 a gallon last week for gas. I guess I should thank Obama and Dems lol.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:11 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
There seems to be an obsession here with why black people continue to vote Democratic even though the Democrats "haven't done anything for black people". There also seems to be a theme of Democrats have ruined the country, but in the past 35 years we've had a Republican president for 20 of those years.

What have Republicans done for you? How was your life different/better during Republican administrations? How has your Republican governor, mayor, state legislature helped you?? And overall how have Republicans helped the country?
The question is, what special things do you think government is supposed to "do" for you?

Is government supposed to run by a check list, with every race, gender, ethnic group, life style choice and offer special government programs and hand outs, and pander to the unique needs, wants and desires of every individual group or person?

Old 08-22-2016, 08:16 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
There seems to be an obsession here with why black people continue to vote Democratic even though the Democrats "haven't done anything for black people". There also seems to be a theme of Democrats have ruined the country, but in the past 35 years we've had a Republican president for 20 of those years.

What have Republicans done for you? How was your life different/better during Republican administrations? How has your Republican governor, mayor, state legislature helped you?? And overall how have Republicans helped the country?
To be honest, the Republicans did nothing for me. It didn't help my life. It barely helped my family. In fact, during the Bush administration, my father got laid off twice. He went through a few stints of being unemployed, and this is considering he's an engineer. I spent more of my adult life unemployed than employed. I had trouble getting work or keeping it. Under the Obama administration, I've had stints of unemployment, about as bad as under Bush. However, I've also had a longer stretch of time when I've had work. I'm employed full time, my money is alright. For me and my family, this is the best we've seen.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:01 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To be honest, the Republicans did nothing for me. It didn't help my life. It barely helped my family. In fact, during the Bush administration, my father got laid off twice. He went through a few stints of being unemployed, and this is considering he's an engineer. I spent more of my adult life unemployed than employed. I had trouble getting work or keeping it. Under the Obama administration, I've had stints of unemployment, about as bad as under Bush. However, I've also had a longer stretch of time when I've had work. I'm employed full time, my money is alright. For me and my family, this is the best we've seen.
Do you mean that government, the president, and the Congress was supposed to find you and your dad jobs, and it's their fault if you could not find one?

Or do you mean that government laws, regulations and taxes should be written in a way to encourage businesses to grow and hire domestically?

Now, if you and your dad were coal miners, and we had a president and an administration, like 0bama's, hell bent on killing your industry, then you'd have some merit to your claims.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:09 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
1. Pushing laws based on Christianity is not leaving people alone.
2. A Republican president pushed through the patriot act and you all happily signed away your right to privacy for fear of the big, bad Muslims coming to get you.
3. Lower taxes are not a good thing when your infrastructure is falling apart and you are fighting a war. Can government spending be cut, definitely, but balancing a budget is a combination of spending cuts and increased revenue.
4. I would love fewer laws and regulations. It would be nice if people could be trusted to do the right thing without being told to or threatened into it.
5. You've been using the bathroom with trans people forever and you never even knew it...why is it an issue now?
1. Nobody said Republicans are free of crazy fanatics, which is why we sane people are trying to keep them in line.
2. Infrastructure should be privatized. Most our spending goes to entitlement program. Military spending is a minor expense.
5. I don't really care about restroom use.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Do you mean that government, the president, and the Congress was supposed to find you and your dad jobs, and it's their fault if you could not find one?

Or do you mean that government laws, regulations and taxes should be written in a way to encourage businesses to grow and hire domestically?

Now, if you and your dad were coal miners, and we had a president and an administration, like 0bama's, hell bent on killing your industry, then you'd have some merit to your claims.
Well, my father is not a coal miner, so that doesn't apply. I was speaking of me and my family, period. Don't bring anything else into this. This thread was asking individuals "what have Republicans done for you"? There seems to be this idea that if Blacks vote Republican, or if there is a Republican administration, Blacks will do better. I haven't seen much proof of that. I simply responded by saying voting Republican did nothing for me. This idea that I would do much better under a Republican President is stupid.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:31 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Lol... Trump does NOT represent the middle class. Dear lord, how can anyone believe anything that man says? Yes, you can say all politicians are shady, and I'll give you that, but when a scumbag like Trump, who's made his career using the system to cheat everyone around him and walk away with a fortune after every screw-up he's made claims he's going to "change the system and make it fair for the working class" why would anyone believe him?

Seriously, if a local mafia don said he was going to stamp out organized crime, would you believe him? If a drug lord said he was going to get rid of drugs in his nation, would you believe him? Than why believe Trump? No politicians - particularly one as egotistical, delusional, and narcissistic as he - would ever reduce their own power base. Trump's power comes from the system as it stands, and he'll gladly crush every grinning sucker who votes for him if it made him a few bucks extra.

Look at the man's history and his disgusting nature and character before assuming that he represents the middle class or anyone other than himself. We're talking about a scumbag who won't even pay the people who work for him or have done business with him. A sleazeball who runs a crooked, money-stealing fake college with his name on it. A man who's been sued so many times that they should give him a reserved parking space at whatever courts he frequents... and you expect me to not only believe anything he says but also that he cares about the middle class? Hahahahahahaha!!!!

BINGO!!! it is his manner of talking-- he talks rough and uneducated simple talk- almost baby talk only to say" Give me back my land and my gun"- then all will be beautiful again- - that's basically it-

Old 08-22-2016, 09:38 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:

well I live in Texas so pretty much everything has been better here economically than in the rest of the country.

we have lower inflation
lower cost of living
lower taxes.

our roads are very good, our utilities have been relatively low
our incomes are good... very good in relation to the cost of living.

According to the Nations Report Card, Texas Education runs along in the middle of the pack... but that number is actually quite misleading. While Texas is middle of the pack, if you look at Texas and compare to Wisconsin (top 10) you would find that Texas does a better job educating, whites, blacks and Hispanics. the difference is, there are more whites in Wisconsin that bend the curve for them.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well I live in Texas so pretty much everything has been better here economically than in the rest of the country.

we have lower inflation
lower cost of living
lower taxes.

our roads are very good, our utilities have been relatively low
our incomes are good... very good in relation to the cost of living.

According to the Nations Report Card, Texas Education runs along in the middle of the pack... but that number is actually quite misleading. While Texas is middle of the pack, if you look at Texas and compare to Wisconsin (top 10) you would find that Texas does a better job educating, whites, blacks and Hispanics. the difference is, there are more whites in Wisconsin that bend the curve for them.
I live in Georgia, which is a red state. Roads aren't that good here, there is alot of political corruption here, as well as political bickering. Education wise, Georgia is below average compared to national levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies