Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 06:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
"Southern man of his times". Such a nice way to refer to an obnoxious bigot.

He got excused, for all he did to enslave blacks once again. Give them a wafer, but never fill them up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 06:50 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He got excused, for all he did to enslave blacks once again. Give them a wafer, but never fill them up
Exactly. I remember LBJ. Uncouth, nasty man but a master politician. He saw an opportunity and he took it.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:02 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Straight from the horses mouth.

"These ni**erss, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ni**ers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years". - Lyndon B. Johnson,

How is is working out for ya?
Dude, you just posted the same crap to my post in another thread.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Dude, you just posted the same crap to my post in another thread.

The truth hurt that bad, eh? Damn!
My bad.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:53 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
My bad.

A one trick pony.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:15 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
My bad.
LOL... Good one.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
LOL... Good one.

Quote:
give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference

Sounds familiar for the last 50 years.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:25 AM

27 posts, read 18,801 times
Quote:
Straight from the horses mouth.

"These ni**erss, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ni**ers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years". - Lyndon B. Johnson,

How is is working out for ya?
Not just blacks, but this is how ALL politicians control everybody. As soon as a group gets a little better....on comes the controls. Like Russell Means said so well, 'welcome to the reservation.'

Old 08-21-2016, 12:53 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
LBJ will go down as one of the worst POTUS in history, He started the destruction of the black family unit with the welfare state and escalated the Vietnam war, killing thousand's of young men. I hope he burns in hell.

Old 08-21-2016, 12:56 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That was over 50 years ago, and Johnson was both a man of his time and a Texan.

The N word was commonly used back then by whites all over the nation, a nd very commonly in the south, but it did not automatically imply hostility to the race. If Johnson had wanted to be derogatory, he had a wealth of more then-offensive names he could have used.

"Negro" was the more polite term back then, and is very seldom used today. Johnson used that word in formal speech, but when he was off the record, he lapsed back to the slang he had heard and used all his life.

Other southerners didn't bother with such formalities, and used the N word freely in their speech, both in public and in private, along with using the word in writing.

A very good example of a politician who deliberately used the word derogatorily was George Wallace, who used it often in his campaign speeches when he was running for President. He also used it freely as Governor in public.
Wallace himself held no ill will toward people of color, and before he died in the 90's he made many apologies to black folks for his politically motivated offensive speech.

Those times are gone. The nation now isn't as white, Christian, or conservative as it once was, and like everything else, what may be acceptable to one generation is not to a later generation.

What words do you use in regards to race, Bent? In my case, I do not permit the word to be said in my presence, whether in my home or in public, and say so whenever I hear it.
the point wasn't the word used. the point of the post was Great Society and other social programs and how is that working out for you. From where I sit, they have done little good for anyone but the politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies