Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 08:20 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngryGuy View Post
Where has Amren ever said blacks are inferior?

Surely you can cite that proof, correct?
He likes to make stuff up to suit his agenda, and does not want to hear the truth. If he would read the about section on the AR website, he might learn what they are about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 08:23 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
More importantly, what damage has the Democratic party done to blacks in general. Found this among many articles that said basically the same thing. The Democratic Party's Stealth War On Black Americans - John Hawkins
I asked the questions first. Either you answer them or move on. No answering a question with another question. All that shows is dodging the question. Again, what has the Republican Party done for Blacks from 1970-now?

Old 08-24-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
If you don't think race relations is a problem then you are part of the problem, that is what AR is pointing out. Deny deny deny.
People like yourself are part of the problem. Posting stuff from AmRen does nothing for race relations. Race relations have never been good in the USA, going back to day one. Anyone with a knowledge of American history will know this.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then answer this for me. What has the Republican Party done for Blacks since 1970? Not 1870, not 1920, but 1970 and after.

Liberate then from oppression. Self sufficiency with the goal of opportunities. Make their own way in life. Not what the Democrats in government have planned for them.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Liberate then from oppression. Self sufficiency with the goal of opportunities. Make their own way in life. Not what the Democrats in government have planned for them.
Really? Last I checked, Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act. Goldwater was firmly against it. Goldwater could have gotten the Black vote if he didn't go against the CRA.

Something else: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Last I checked, poverty rates for Blacks have dropped since the 1960s. The percentage of Blacks becoming middle class, getting college degrees, and entering professions like law, medicine, teaching, and engineering have increased since the 1960s.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Really? Last I checked, Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act.

I have to ask... Why was that not an amendment to the constitution?

As it is now, the DOJ can deny prosecution, if they choose.
Congress can repeal it at any time they wish.

Picking winners and losers, is the government way. Is this what LBJ was talking about? Give them enough to shut them up but not enough to make any difference? How much resentment did that create, that continues to this day?

Old 08-24-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I have to ask... Why was that not an amendment to the constitution?

As it is now, the DOJ can deny prosecution, if they choose.
Congress can repeal it at any time they wish.

Picking winners and losers, is the government way. Is this what LBJ was talking about? Give them enough to shut them up but not enough to make any difference? How much resentment did that create, that continues to this day?
I don't know. Why wasn't Barry Goldwater doing much? What I care about is this: Having the same rights as everyone else. If Blacks had that in the first place, the CRA wouldn't be necessary. What would Blacks gotten out of Goldwater, considering that the ardently segregationist Deep South states voted for him, and Goldwater stated he wouldn't have supported the CRA?

Old 08-24-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I don't know. Why wasn't Barry Goldwater doing much? What I care about is this: Having the same rights as everyone else. If Blacks had that in the first place, the CRA wouldn't be necessary. What would Blacks gotten out of Goldwater, considering that the ardently segregationist Deep South states voted for him, and Goldwater stated he wouldn't have supported the CRA?

Those are not rights! They are special Privileges granted by Government.
That is why I asked why it was not an amendment, to make them rights. It is an Act. Acts grant privileges government will enforce. Amendments are rights.

Barry Goldwater didn't want anyone to have any special privileges over another. Government, not the people are to treat everyone equally. Not make everyone equal. Instead of the people choosing who they will bully and who gets to be a friend, government now gets to bully and picks who.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:25 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That was over 50 years ago, and Johnson was both a man of his time and a Texan.

The N word was commonly used back then by whites all over the nation, a nd very commonly in the south, but it did not automatically imply hostility to the race. If Johnson had wanted to be derogatory, he had a wealth of more then-offensive names he could have used.

"Negro" was the more polite term back then, and is very seldom used today. Johnson used that word in formal speech, but when he was off the record, he lapsed back to the slang he had heard and used all his life.

Other southerners didn't bother with such formalities, and used the N word freely in their speech, both in public and in private, along with using the word in writing.

A very good example of a politician who deliberately used the word derogatorily was George Wallace, who used it often in his campaign speeches when he was running for President. He also used it freely as Governor in public.
Wallace himself held no ill will toward people of color, and before he died in the 90's he made many apologies to black folks for his politically motivated offensive speech.

Those times are gone. The nation now isn't as white, Christian, or conservative as it once was, and like everything else, what may be acceptable to one generation is not to a later generation.

What words do you use in regards to race, Bent? In my case, I do not permit the word to be said in my presence, whether in my home or in public, and say so whenever I hear it.

You completely missed the point of the OP post. Completely.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Those are not rights! They are special Privileges granted by Government.
That is why I asked why it was not an amendment, to make them rights. It is an Act. Acts grant privileges government will enforce. Amendments are rights.

Barry Goldwater didn't want anyone to have any special privileges over another. Government, not the people are to treat everyone equally. Not make everyone equal. Instead of the people choosing who they will bully and who gets to be a friend, government now gets to bully and picks who.
Actually, it is a response to having rights denied for years upon years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies