Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 03:51 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Don't worry, as the number of black people in Washington state increase, these types of incidents will increase.

Liberals love different races as long as they don't have to live amongst them.

The vast majority of Siutherners have no issue with the race of their neighbors. If they did, you would hear about attacks every single day.

Look at the big Democrat cities and you'll find segregation of the races.

Hillary chose to live in an area with less than 1% black people.
And I can find alot of conservatives who go forth and long to get away from Blacks. I've seen it right here in Georgia. Alot of people don't talk about it. You can find segregation everywhere. Small towns, big cities.

And by the way, you rarely hear about stuff like this in Washington state either. Stuff like this is rarely in most places, hence why it is considered a shock when it does happen. Truth is, there were more hate crimes taking place back in the 80s, when the Black population was smaller. That has been an increase in Blacks in the state of Washington, yet, not much of an increase in hate crimes. In fact, there have been Blacks who have moved from the Seattle area to the Atlanta area. Pretty much all of them have commented that they miss the Seattle area. Pretty much the only reason they leave is cost of living issues.

George W. Bush lives in a place that is less than 1% Black. Most wealthy people live in places with very few Blacks. Liberal or conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 03:52 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know what most people say behind my back. I do know what people have done to my face, and said to my face. The persons who shouted the "N" word at me from their pickup trucks, in public of all places. The person who threatened to "hang me from their rope".

Telling me what liberals do does not negate what some conservatives have done and said.
I think it may have been some conservatives who took issue with my post in another thread, when I protested the use of an Italian variation of the N word. I had no idea that word was so readily accepted in 2016. It's just a word, right?

Old 08-20-2016, 03:56 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Does anyone feel completely safe around people wih neck tattoos?

Uh...no lol, unless I knew the person.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think it may have been some conservatives who took issue with my post in another thread, when I protested the use of an Italian variation of the N word. I had no idea that word was so readily accepted in 2016. It's just a word, right?
I don't like any version of that word. The point is this. It shocked me about where it happened. I would think the state of Washington would be a more accepting place, particularly the western side.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Both have one thing in common: Young, violent, and stupid. Question is, why are the stupid joining so many hate groups?
You answered your question: cause their kind are usually stupid AND don't believe in a future.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
I don't like any version of that word. The point is this. It shocked me about where it happened. I would think the state of Washington would be a more accepting place, particularly the western side.
I thought the same thing. I opened the thread fully expecting it to have taken place in Washington, DC. Never in Washington state or Oregon. They're pretty liberal and tolerant there.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
You don't have to be a died in the wool white supremacist to feel a bit uncomfortable when seeing whites (especially white females) flirt in public with blacks or other non whites. Not too long ago, up until 1967, miscegenation was illegal in 16 states stretching as far north as Delaware. California did not repeal its anti-miscegenation law until 1948.

Older whites like me are still getting used to the new reality of very wide spread interracial dating and marriage. The younger generations for the most part are very accepting of the new reality. But I can't help thinking that this behavior is being actively encouraged by certain elements who see whites as intractably racist.

The linked commercial ran on Fox News today. What do you think?

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AYjw/bertoll...stir-things-up
Those laws were before my time tho: some of them were just dumb; like a Mexican could NOT marry a Filipino cause the Philipino was Asian and, ALL Mexicans, even dark skinned Indians, were tagged as "white" back in the day.

My x fiance: a blue eyed blond lady with DayGlo white skin; she has "Black girl" face features, where they came through we don't know cause both her parents were anglo white.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:10 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
You don't have to be a died in the wool white supremacist to feel a bit uncomfortable when seeing whites (especially white females) flirt in public with blacks or other non whites. Not too long ago, up until 1967, miscegenation was illegal in 16 states stretching as far north as Delaware. California did not repeal its anti-miscegenation law until 1948.
They weren't flirting, they were a couple kissing, just as you do with your SO.

Quote:
Older whites like me are still getting used to the new reality of very wide spread interracial dating and marriage. The younger generations for the most part are very accepting of the new reality.
And people quite content to mind their own business, who actually smile when they see a couple holding hands, eating out together, kissing one another. Demonstrations of love and affection can be beautiful.

Quote:
But I can't help thinking that this behavior is being actively encouraged by certain elements who see whites as intractably racist.
I can't help wondering why you wonder about who people couple with that you don't even know. Why is it any of your business? It's not a conspiracy, people are attracted to who they are attracted to. As long as they are unrelated adults, where is the problem?

Quote:
What do you think?
I think whoever one chooses to flirt with/date/marry/procreate with is simply no one else's business. I think love and attraction in open minded people isn't distracted by color.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You answered your question: cause their kind are usually stupid AND don't believe in a future.
I notice with the KKK, alot of the members seem to remind me of what I might see on Jerry Springer. Oddly enough, the KKK and Neo-Nazis have been on that show. Last I checked, both groups hate Jews, which is what Jerry Springer is. One of the KKK members tried to assault Jerry on his own show.

But yes, stupid seems to be attracted to those groups. Apart from David Duke, I almost never see the college educated or the highly skilled trying to join those groups. This presidential race, the most anti-Trump conservatives I've met have been White females with college degrees and are between the ages of 28-40.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:20 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
This is a bigoted and hateful statement. Take it back please.
Most people are still a little put off seeing Blacks and Whites in a physical relationship.
It is difficult for the families of both involved, and rarely works out in the long run.
It may become more acceptable as time passes, but could take centuries.
Just my observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies