Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 11:35 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I didn't notice that. In fact, I noticed fathers doing it more. But maybe that was my perception.
Agree. I noted more fathers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 12:06 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I didn't notice that. In fact, I noticed fathers doing it more. But maybe that was my perception.
Breaking the Science: 71% of Children Killed by One Parent are Killed by Their Mothers; 60% of Victims are Boys

Old 08-22-2016, 12:10 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Agree. I noted more fathers.
Without looking I'd be willing to bet that parents who kill their children follow the methodology used by each sex when commiting suicide. Men tend to shoot themselves while women tend to use other means like pills or slashing their wrists. That doesn't track exactly. I was trying to say that likely don't use guns. Maybe growing or strangulation.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:11 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Oh, I don't doubt this at all.

But

1. Women have the overwhelming custody of children and are therefore more likely in the position to harm them.
2. We're talking about murder-suicide by gun. Guns are used in crime and suicide overwhelmingly by men.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:26 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Oh, I don't doubt this at all.

But

1. Women have the overwhelming custody of children and are therefore more likely in the position to harm them.
2. We're talking about murder-suicide by gun. Guns are used in crime and suicide overwhelmingly by men.
True. Women are more likely to swallow a bottle of pills or hang themselves. Men check out with a bang, pun intended. These cases of suicide by cop are , overwhelmingly, men. The street gang culture of armed conflict is about as ...patriarchal.. as it gets. Though the women also do get involved, its just limited, and usually in support roles, as drivers and such.

Amongst honest, stable gun owners, we are seeing a LOT more women involved in things. More CCW holders and new competitors are women these days. Its not even just a "guy thing" anymore. Even my lady , who's never been into shooting at all, just popped up the other day and told me she wants her own handgun. Sbes really busting out of a shell she's been in. Its a good thing, women refusing to be food. Who is it that bipreds favor as targets, after all?

Well, that choice is far less safe these days.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:31 PM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"AMERICANS KILLED BY GUNS
Real people, not just statistics.
Click a victim to join us in telling their stories."

Quite a cross-section, so many wasted lives and innocent lives cut short:
white, black, victim, perp, murder, suicide, young, old.....

ALL:
https://admin.gunmemorial.org/

ILLINOIS:
https://admin.gunmemorial.org/IL

CHILDREN:
https://admin.gunmemorial.org/age/0-12
And?

Do have a point in starting this thread?

Old 08-22-2016, 12:40 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times

Ahhh...okay, now I see what you meant! I was merely commenting that the children on that website (gun related) who were killed by a parent were overwhelmingly killed by their fathers.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:34 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"AMERICANS KILLED BY GUNS
Real people, not just statistics.
Click a victim to join us in telling their stories."

Quite a cross-section, so many wasted lives and innocent lives cut short:
white, black, victim, perp, murder, suicide, young, old.....

ALL:
https://admin.gunmemorial.org/

ILLINOIS:
https://admin.gunmemorial.org/IL

CHILDREN:
https://admin.gunmemorial.org/age/0-12
Oh Mother of God here we go again. The moonbats are now wearing little tin foil hats.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:44 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Not 5k yet?

Old 08-22-2016, 06:48 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
First one I click on.

Killed by police for allegedly pointing a gun at them.

Of course it's someone who didn't make the national news and no one burnt down a cvs or gas station because of his death either.

Some lives do not matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies