Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 08:29 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one is asking to gloss over issues. I'm simply saying that if you talk about Black people as if they are a burden, they won't vote for you. This is about who African-Americans vote for. If you're so concerned, do something about it. If not, be quiet and mind your own business.
Shhhhhhhhhhhh...we don't want them to figure that out!

Old 08-22-2016, 08:35 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,899,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh. Repubs have tons of dirt poor voters.
PLENTY of them are living in poverty. Just look at Appalachia, a poor white working class area containing diehard, life-long Republican voters. Guess it never trickled down for them.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:47 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah....just like everyone else does.

Talk is cheap.

Tell you what...all you white folks hiring illegals need to fire all of them and give those jobs to blacks RIGHT NOW. Not tomorrow or next week. Now.

After all the illegals are fired and deported, then talk to me.

Till then....blehhhhhhh!

You haven't earned the right to demand that answer and receive it. "Because I feel like it" is the only answer you've earned.

If you want an actual answer, go up to an actual black man and demand an answer. See how that works out.

But coming from me? Nunya business.

Couldn't have said it better lol... If they haven't figured out why after all this time then they will never figure out how to earn the votes of minorities either

Old 08-22-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't care what color skin you have the best thing anyone can do for society is to be able to support themselves, if you can't do that then you are a burden to society.

As I said... I won't beg or pander to anyone for a vote (unlike Hillary). If you're happy with the way your life is then by all means vote for Hillary.
Petch, if you really don't care about color, how come you show up in almost every thread about color?

Old 08-22-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Black Americans, Hispanic Americans and Asian Americans ALL vote predominantly Democratic....the Republican party needs to take a good lonnnnnnnnnnng hard look at the reason.
Interestingly, they said they did after the last presidential election. Remember? They talked very earnestly about how they needed to build a bigger tent. They were very serious about it. And then, they did nothing. In fact, they did worse than nothing -- there were fewer Black delegates at this year's convention than anytime in the recent past.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I do care about poor white people, poor people in general, which is why I don't vote for the Democrats.
Fair enough. If you care, tell us what specifically you do for poor people in general.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:19 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Exclamation Afria to break the chains of Entitlements

The problem is Obama and 40 years of the war on poverty from LBJ has not benefited African Americans. In fact they have lost ground in the last 8 years of Obama. I think many of the poor is afraid to break the chains of entitlement programs, because they do NOT see a prosperous future.

That's why they vote Democrat even thought she is a criminal and has perjured herself many times over.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:27 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The problem is Obama and 40 years of the war on poverty from LBJ has not benefited African Americans. In fact they have lost ground in the last 8 years of Obama. I think many of the poor is afraid to break the chains of entitlement programs, because they do NOT see a prosperous future.

That's why they vote Democrat even thought she is a criminal and has perjured herself many times over.
Complaining about it isn't helping your case. Might want to think your methods over. The first one is realizing there are many reasons people don't vote like you. The sooner you realize your vote isn't the only correct one, nor your political beliefs are the only valid ones, maybe then minorities MIGHT start voting GOP. But I won't, because I don't vote Democrat for "free stuff", that's not what I'm after nor millions of African-Americans

Old 08-22-2016, 09:45 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Honest question.
1. Why does everyone think most black people live in the hood?
2. Why does everyone think most black people are reaping in benefits? 28% of blacks are poor and because of welfare queens 45% of black children are from poor families. The white ratio is around 9%, 2/20 compared with 5/20.
3. Why do most republicans I this thread except for like 6 of them think insulting someone and telling them their stupid is a viable strategy for winning them over?
4. For republicans Kasich and Rand Paul were some of your best candidates, so was Ben Carson till he opened his mouth. You chose Donald Trump someone who posts false murder stats from a Neo-nazi and thinks that just because he insults Latinos and Muslims that blacks will suddenly think, wow he isn't directly insulting us let's vote for him!
5. You guys who we thought were religious like most older blacks manage to vote someone who probably accidentally brings the Quran or his autobiography to Church and try to pass him of as religious when we all know Obama is more religious than the Donald. Also hating on gays isn't being religious.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:48 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Why are republicans so desperately wanting the black vote? Because Republicans would most benefit by focusing on African-American voters. Rather than attempting to replicate the look of the Democrat party.

I have yet to see any solutions other than point fingers at Democrats and tell black people to stop voting for them and come to the Republican Party. Is this really the way to win over a group of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies