Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 10:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You might use this word in private and I wouldn't be surprised if you do but you know damn well you're not going around using that word in ear shot of black folks... Don't kid yourself...'

Here you go AGAIN, THINKING you know something and you DON'T have CLUE.

Me and my MANY black friends us it ALL the time when are together when discussing the black low lifes it describes.

You just proved my point.

I think Shabazz is saying you wouldn't use it in public with just anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 10:29 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
"You might use this word in private and I wouldn't be surprised if you do but you know damn well you're not going around using that word in ear shot of black folks... Don't kid yourself...'

Here you go AGAIN, THINKING you know something and you DON'T have CLUE.

Me and my MANY black friends us it ALL the time when are together when discussing the black low lifes it describes.
Why do you feel the need to claim anonymously online that you have many black friends? What does that prove?

Old 08-25-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
You DO realize it is QUOTES from Obama.

When someone says in real life, they mean in their real life, not observing someone in public life.

I don't know anyone in public life that doesn't use the term African American when speaking.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:48 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're changing the subject and now discussing the double standard of software.
No, software is written by people and already found to be speech.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:52 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
This has nothing to do with respect. It has to do with attention.

Do blacks respect the cultures among white people? No, they do not, the proof is that they blame all whites in America for slavery never mind that many are immigrants who arrived after slavery was abolished.

African American and Black is used interchangably by almost everyone.

Its a fact, arguing otherwise makes no sense.
It has everything to do with respect and clearly you have no understanding of my post.

Firstly, how in the world can you claim that so-called blacks blame all whites in the U.S. for slavery when there are immigrants/recent Americans of African origin who don't have slavery in their heritage in the first place? There are also those whose ancestors were not enslaved in the U.S. Yet you think all these people blame all whites when they aren't even studying whites in the first place. It is you making assumptions about people based on appearance.

The two are used interchangably by the majority which is ignorant but that's not surprising...

Old 08-25-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
It has everything to do with respect and clearly you have no understanding of my post.

Firstly, how in the world can you claim that so-called blacks blame all whites in the U.S. for slavery when there are immigrants of African origin who don't have slavery in their heritage in the first place? That is you making assumptions about people based on appearance.

Two are used interchangably by the majority which is ignorant but that's not surprising...
Obviously, when the only term used by "African Americans" to describe these other people is "whites" that goes right over your head.

The fact that right on this thread there are those describing a distinction between African Americans and Blacks demonstrates a rather clueless knowledge of reality.

The fact that when riots break out, the term "whites" is uses by the rioters who are predominantly black and claim to be African Americans or do you claim that when these riots happen that they are not conducted by Blacks but by African Americans?

What rot. Time and time again haven't african americans said that not all blacks are african americans but all african americans are blacks. You betcha.

Then african americans must also discern and not speak about whites as if all whites are descended from slave owners. Get it?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:13 AM

As Michelle Obama stated, her daughters wake up in a house that slaves built?

Isn't that saying all the people who built the White House were slaves. Oh no? That wasn't the meaning? Darn right it was.

Before any African American claims insult or is offended if they are described as Black they should make make sure they also provide the same level of distinction for whites because there are many cultures with very different backgrounds within the group of people referred to as white.

That isn't going to happen though because it takes away the ability to lump all white appearing people into a single group upon which to throw anger, racism and demands for some form of compensation for acts or circumstances they weren't alive to experience nor were the people they make demands of alive to accomplish.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
No, software is written by people and already found to be speech.

Written by a person or two - and we've seen how people can be dolts and software can suck, so let's stick to the subject about double standards in conversation.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:22 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Do you say the same to Chinese-Americans, Korean -Americans etc? Or do you gripe at the general term Asian-Americans? Many in that group are American born and raised.
I don't see any of those groups of people creating a ALM or their own version of a Jessie Jackson. Which, btw, I could care less, just tired of looking at the whining. Matter of fact, most Americans don't care. It's like watching a really bad commercial that's played once an hour.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:31 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't see any of those groups of people creating a ALM or their own version of a Jessie Jackson. Which, btw, I could care less, just tired of looking at the whining. Matter of fact, most Americans don't care. It's like watching a really bad commercial that's played once an hour.
That has nothing to do with this discussion. The term African-American has been around long before the present issues, so answer the questions. Do you say the same to Chinese-Americans, Korean -Americans etc? Or do you gripe at the general term Asian-Americans? Many in that group are American born and raised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies