Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 09:17 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No I'm not suggesting anything. Exactly where did you read a suggestion in my question?

I am asking if a word is so offensive that it creates a chit storm why is it used. Why do the people who find a particular label offensive insist on using that word themselves. It seems a contradiction. If the word were honestly that offensive it would be so all the time. There is no confusion on my part, the truth is these offensive terms really aren't offensive. Some people just want to control or pick and choose who can say what when and to whom.

I have gotten thru life just fine by not being a hypocrite. If I find something inappropriate in others I also refrain from that particular behavior myself. I guess the entitled snowflake generation promotes "do as I say not as I do".
I don't know why white conservatives are so conflicted on this subject. There's only two things you need to understand. Black folks can use the "N" word and white folks can't. If we find a term offensive so be it. How we feel is the only feelings that matter when deciding what "WE" consider offensive and what "WE" don't...

Think about this. There's a very specific reason white folks aren't walking around liberally using the "N" word in our society..

Last edited by SHABAZZ310; 08-26-2016 at 09:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 09:36 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I don't know why white conservatives are so conflicted on this subject. There's only two things you need to understand. Black folks and use the "N" word and white folks can't. If we find a term offensive so be it. How we feel is the only feelings that matter when deciding what "WE" consider offensive and what "WE" don't...

Think about this. There's a very specific reason white folks aren't walking around liberally using the "N" word in our society..
Could a "white" friend ever use the word with you? Could he ever call you that word?

Old 08-26-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Could a "white" friend ever use the word with you? Could he ever call you that word?
No, I don't even use that word myself.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:53 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
Quote:
I don't know why white conservatives are so conflicted on this subject. There's only two things you need to understand. Black folks can use the "N" word and white folks can't. If we find a term offensive so be it. How we feel is the only feelings that matter when deciding what "WE" consider offensive and what "WE" don't...

Troll

Old 08-26-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Troll
If you call educating conflicted white male conservatives on who can and who can't use the "N" word trolling, so be it... There are certain words that can and can't be said by everyone. Double standard or not...

Old 08-26-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Do other black people use the word in your presence or directed at you?

Old 08-26-2016, 12:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No I am NOT.

When wasa the last time you actually the word n.... used?

You don't.

Not even when a reporter is telling a story about a person that did.

They ALWAYS say, "he called them "the "N" word".

Whe it is tanlked about they NEVER actually say the word. It s Always, "the "N" word".

Honestly, I used it about twelve years ago and it was directed toward me, not a black person, when a loved one was dying and the increasing pressure at work had me going on a diatribe with a friend. I cringed the minute I said it, and it was the first, and last time, I ever used that word.

I will once again repeat what you and others want to continue ignoring. The *n* word is an emotionally charged word in a way that wop, ****, cracker, whitey, etc. are not. No others have a history in our country where they were made to be slaves and called such names while suffering whippings and other abuse.

That you cannot understand the difference means you either have zero empathy for the history of others, or you just don't give a damn.

Or both.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Do other black people use the word in your presence or directed at you?
Sometimes, but I'm not a teenager anymore so it's not a word we fling around in conversation... I don't see your point...

Last edited by SHABAZZ310; 08-26-2016 at 03:27 PM..

Old 08-26-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Sometimes, but I'm not a teenager anymore so it not a word we fling around in conversation... I don't see your point...
I'm just trying to figure out the "rules".

That's what we're supposed to be doing here, right?

Old 08-26-2016, 02:16 PM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:

That's the world according to you. As I said entitled snowflake and all.
I am not conflicted I just don't agree and certainly not that my words can be dictated by you or anyone else.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies