Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:46 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
  1. Yes, it might be relevant to you but not the overall importance..
  2. I think you're confusing freaking out with opposing..
  3. You can't water down "legitimate grievances" by pointing out what's acceptable to say and what's not..

Listen le roi, many black folks could care less about another groups sympathy towards our people or our issues. We want equal rights under the law and you can keep the sympathy...

If you cared about "equal rights under the law" and not about the collateral issues then congratulations: You actually do have equality under the law on account of your race.

The mechanisms exist to combat discrimination where it legitimately arises. It's robust, it's active and it works.

But, the rest of what makes the news these days is 90% "feelings" and "sympathy." Attempts to address disparities through the prism of "white racism"... and wondering why for decades nothing changes.

We already see the progression of the narrative over the past 10 years alone by the words you use:

"Racism --> White Privilege --> White Supremacy"

Each one more obfuscated a concept than the last, completely ripped from original and logical definitions to support racialized agendas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
What difference does it make if a group prefers to be called one thing over another? It poses no hardship for people to respect that and identify people the way they wish to be identified. Going out of your way to not do so seems petty and deliberately hateful. What's the point if not meant to be disrespectful?

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
As compared to how every other country in the world was founded?

Do people even know that the world existed before 1492? That history didn't start or stop with the colonization of the United States?

The dangers of Eurocentric education right here on display, folks!
I would just love to see this fantasy world these race hustlers live in. Not long ago it was a very accepted idea that white people were completely superior. So much so that the act of bring slaves here to live with us was considered doing them a favor that they could actually be around here.

Of course there was white supremacy. But it existed wherever there were white people. When our white ancestors saw a beautiful piece of land like the North American Continent they felt it was for them to take and for the natives to keep.

Look at nature, where in nature today is it not that way? Animals don't sit around worrying that they offended another animal. They do what nature intended for them to do.

We have invented this guilt. Again, white people who invent pretty much everything.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:47 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, you were:

Born in Africa? Are in Africa at this moment?
Are you a white person trying to tell me how to classify myself?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:52 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyogaH View Post
They mean exactly the same thing, though one is considered PC while the other is deeply offensive.
That's your opinion.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I would just love to see this fantasy world these race hustlers live in. Not long ago it was a very accepted idea that white people were completely superior. So much so that the act of bring slaves here to live with us was considered doing them a favor that they could actually be around here.

Of course there was white supremacy. But it existed wherever there were white people. When our white ancestors saw a beautiful piece of land like the North American Continent they felt it was for them to take and for the natives to keep.

Look at nature, where in nature today is it not that way? Animals don't sit around worrying that they offended another animal. They do what nature intended for them to do.

We have invented this guilt. Again, white people who invent pretty much everything.
What did you invent?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:54 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What difference does it make if a group prefers to be called one thing over another? It poses no hardship for people to respect that and identify people the way they wish to be identified. Going out of your way to not do so seems petty and deliberately hateful. What's the point if not meant to be disrespectful?
Maybe because it's a moving target!

Old 08-23-2016, 09:56 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What did you invent?
Almost every day. Thousands of inventions. People tell me what they want and I build it. I come from a long line of inventors. Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi, VW and the US space program. Just stuff like that.

And I'm not ashamed of any of it.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:57 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
I'm light tan, so I'm a colored person.

I'm interested in seeing a clear person.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, you were:

Born in Africa? Are in Africa at this moment?
Doesn't need to be born in Africa. It's the correct term, and you WILL use it despite your protestations.
Quote:
The blacks should really look at the motives of the race hustlers who have created this false narrative that black people are still being discriminated against more than anyone else in this country.

It's the oldest trick in the book, I'm just not sure any group of people has ever fallen for it this badly.
"The blacks."
Quote:
Why are Liberals so obsessed with

A) Labels

B) Making sure the RIGHT Labels are on people.

Why?
Don't worry about it.

Just make sure that YOU use the right label.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies