Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 08:18 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm proud to say I've been rejected by women of all "races".

awww I am sure they all have poor taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 08:18 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Oh yeah - and my Mother told me about going to Alabama back in the 1930's. There was a drinking fountain that said, "colored." She went over to drink out of it, expecting colored water. Someone had to explain to her that it was for the colored folks.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:24 PM

148 posts, read 137,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Ive never really seen racism in action, in other words, i've never seen an action taken by a person specifically due to another person being of a different race. Ive HEARD racist words be used, but the words that were said didn't actually lead to an action against the person who was getting called the racist word. He or she got called a name, but that's as far as it went and i would say in my life, i've only seen this a couple of times, if that.

So, the cry that there's 'all this racism' in the world, i'm not sure i buy that to the extent its being reported by media, we all know media loves to sell you advertising and get you to watch their program, so if they can concoct a story that has racial overtones, you'll tune in.

You might have it in your head that there's 'all this racism out there' but try and separate what you've seen on television and in print media from real life experiences, what i've 'lived' and what i've seen on tv are two completely different things.
I can say that I haven't experienced any overt racism (my kid has been called a n******) but he wasn't discriminated against.

However I read posts here about blacks being lazy and Islam being incompatible with American life and wonder what those people do for a living. Do you believe that the posters here that think all blacks are lazy, have low IQs and only get into good schools because of affirmative action are able to overlook those prejudices if they are in a position to hire someone?

Old 08-22-2016, 08:25 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
I just read the first few answers. I think that the OP needs to define what racism is exactly. I read some instances where someone was a jerk to someone else but NOT racist. It may be racism if you expect a black person to treat you with respect at all times and never get uppity. When this idea is systematic in our society then that is racism. You guys just may have dealt with unfriendly people and nothing more.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
awww I am sure they all have poor taste.
When I was younger I basically asked out anything with boobs and a pulse. I used a "saturation theory" to ensure dates.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
I can say that I haven't experienced any overt racism (my kid has been called a n******) but he wasn't discriminated against.

However I read posts here about blacks being lazy and Islam being incompatible with American life and wonder what those people do for a living. Do you believe that the posters here that think all blacks are lazy, have low IQs and only get into good schools because of affirmative action are able to overlook those prejudices if they are in a position to hire someone?
No, I don't believe All blacks are lazy or have low IQs. My family would disown me if I used the N word

But in term of Islam being incompatible with western life... I think maybe there are two types of Muslims. The radical Muslims are not compatible with western life. I don't think Islam is above criticism.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:27 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
You know that job you didn't get? Yeah it was because of your skin.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
When I was younger I basically asked out anything with boobs and a pulse. I used a "saturation theory" to ensure dates.

lol when I was in college, I just dated Marines or frat boys, or college athletes. Mostly Marines. I lived a very sheltered life.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
When I was a teenager working as a cashier at a convenience store my manager crumpled up a resume left by an hispanic guy and said "I'm not hiring any damned Puerto Ricans to work at my store".

When I was in the army the black guys working in the mess hall would give black soldiers extra large portions of grits and greens.

A friend of mine was devastated when a beautiful hispanic girl he had his eye on shut him down by telling him she didn't date white boys.
Crazy cause "Hispanic" ain't a "race". Tho a "white" Hispanic like an Spaniard probably would NOT give that PR Latina the time of day cause she'd probably be too dark.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:32 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Oh yeah - and my Mother told me about going to Alabama back in the 1930's. There was a drinking fountain that said, "colored." She went over to drink out of it, expecting colored water. Someone had to explain to her that it was for the colored folks.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies