Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:53 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times

Advertisements

I don't know that we have all the facts, there was apparently a chase. It appears they have a bad cop on their hands, but I'd like to hear more.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:02 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Is seems to be for parents who are negligent and leave their kids to die in cars.
Sadly it does.

Quote:
Who do you think suffered more? The kids who cook to death in cars.
I think that is an entirely different subject.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:26 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
Is seems to be for parents who are negligent and leave their kids to die in cars.

Who do you think suffered more? The kids who cook to death in cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sadly it does.

I think that is an entirely different subject.

Thats part of the problem, everything is a different subject. That allows people to use hypocrisy in their thinking and justify the unjustifiable.

We don't know all the facts about this case. While it appears the police used deadly force in violation of the law, none if us know for sure yet here they are demanding punishment.

Then when we do know the facts of the case, extreme negligence that kills, guilt is enough punishment.

Different subjects? Has not this thread turned into a.punishment thread? Sure it has.

If a police officer kills someone, say by accident, that is worse than a parent who kills their child, also by accident? A parent doesn't have the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to keep their children from being locked in a car on a hot day?

I am not trying to change the subject, I am calling into question the typical haste we see from reading a limuted news article and then reaching conclusions as if anyone here knows beyond that what happened.

Nothing I am saying is an attempt to reduce the liability of the police in this incident. If the cop was wrong, then he shoukd be punished, to the maximum extent of the law because maximum harm was done.

However, no one here knows what happened yet they've decided guilt and demand punishment.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:33 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Thats part of the problem, everything is a different subject. That allows people to use hypocrisy in their thinking and justify the unjustifiable.
Did I justify it?

Quote:
We don't know all the facts about this case. While it appears the police used deadly force in violation of the law, none if us know for sure yet here they are demanding punishment.
Once again this is not just about this case. The inability of police officers to handle those who are handicapped in one way or another has long been noted.

Hell we just had one try and shoot an autistic man while harming no one and shooting someone else in the process. What has been done to address this real problem?

Quote:
Then when we do know the facts of the case, extreme negligence that kills, guilt is enough punishment.

Different subjects? Has not this thread turned into a.punishment thread? Sure it has.

If a police officer kills someone, say by accident, that is worse than a parent who kills their child, also by accident? A parent doesn't have the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to keep their children from being locked in a car on a hot day?

I am not trying to change the subject, I am calling into question the typical haste we see from reading a limuted news article and then reaching conclusions as if anyone here knows beyond that what happened.

Nothing I am saying is an attempt to reduce the liability of the police in this incident. If the cop was wrong, then he shoukd be punished, to the maximum extent of the law because maximum harm was done.

However, no one here knows what happened yet they've decided guilt and demand punishment.
We know an unarmed man was shot and killed. Enough already.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:35 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
How do you know someone is deaf?

Its even the point of jokes with people yelling at deaf people.

Think. There have been road rage incidents because some idiot thought the deaf person was ignoring them.

Sorry, no one knows anything past some news article. If that is enough to make up your mind, no wonder we have such reactionary problems in this country, its the inability to think past a headline.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:44 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't know that we have all the facts, there was apparently a chase. It appears they have a bad cop on their hands, but I'd like to hear more.
He was deaf, he probably didn't hear the police siren, and if this happened during the day, may not have seen the flashing lights. So he wouldn't have pulled over immediately, and that alone is considered a police chase.

Of course I can't say for sure, but this is my suspicion. And even if he was purposely fleeing the cops, that gives no right to shoot him once he was successfully stopped. A cop cannot just shoot somebody because they're mad at them for making them chase them earlier.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:47 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Just wait for the facts. Sheesh, how hard is it people?

Hopefully there is bodycam footage if this happened somewhere without a strong politically protected police union.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:29 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Hopefully there is bodycam footage if this happened somewhere without a strong politically protected police union.
Thankfully NC just made a law to keep that footage out the hands of trouble making public.

There is no need to fan the flames of hate against the police.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:05 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Sadly, we'll be waiting a long time for any "facts". Unless, a bunch of angry people keep pushing this. Otherwise, people keeping quiet and waiting for developments is just what the agency here wants. They will urge patience, and just let it die. So sure, wait for the facts, but, if you really want true accountability here, it will have to be pushed. Right now, this incident is on life support, with the ones in charge pushing to pull the plug.

Sad, but true. My money is still on this going nowhere...hope I'm wrong.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:09 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Sadly, we'll be waiting a long time for any "facts". Unless, a bunch of angry people keep pushing this. Otherwise, people keeping quiet and waiting for developments is just what the agency here wants. They will urge patience, and just let it die. So sure, wait for the facts, but, if you really want true accountability here, it will have to be pushed. Right now, this incident is on life support, with the ones in charge pushing to pull the plug.

Sad, but true. My money is still on this going nowhere...hope I'm wrong.
This is the same story that sadly repeats itself. Trigger happy police justifying murder....They need to release that dash cam footage. The public needs to know how these cops are acting. It obvious that the guy didn't hear the sirens and was going home. They said he was shot in his own neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies