Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 04:35 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if the decision to charge officer Shelby in Tulsa with manslaughter will affect those making a decision based on the Castile death in Minnesota. It probably should not, but you can bet many people will be upset that the Crutcher family is getting a chance for justice quickly for a tragedy that happened less than a week ago and the Castile family is still waiting after a tragedy that took place on July 6. .

We are getting to the point where some will be saying "Justice delayed is justice denied" if this investigation takes too much longer.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:39 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I am wondering if the decision to charge officer Shelby in Tulsa with manslaughter will affect those making a decision based on the Castile death in Minnesota. It probably should not, but you can bet many people will be upset that the Crutcher family is getting a chance for justice quickly for a tragedy that happened less than a week ago and the Castile family is still waiting after a tragedy that took place on July 6. .

We are getting to the point where some will be saying "Justice delayed is justice denied" if this investigation takes too much longer.
Is it the same circumstance of a district attorney making the call or is there a grand jury. I believe its a district attorney and a civil rights activist making the call on that one. I hate that because it become political. Bring it to a GJ and see if there actually is a case.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:42 PM

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/0...-another-month They don't mention if its a GJ or a district attorney decision.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Not sure why you're so touchy about him having a wide nose? It's just a descriptor, like being short, having a scar, or having a Mohawk. Do you feel having a wide nose is shameful? Does that make him racist? If there was a Greek guy with big nose and he said "He's got a big nose like the guy in the robbery", would that be racist?

Also, it's interesting to watch you SJW's pretzel around Hispanics. When it's convenient they're "People of Color", oppressed just like you poor victims and when it's convenient, then they're racists and maybe even "White Hispanics" to boot.
If the DA decides to charge Yanez, will you call him an SJW and roll your eyes? LOL.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Not sure why you're so touchy about him having a wide nose? It's just a descriptor, like being short, having a scar, or having a Mohawk. Do you feel having a wide nose is shameful? Does that make him racist? If there was a Greek guy with big nose and he said "He's got a big nose like the guy in the robbery", would that be racist?

Also, it's interesting to watch you SJW's pretzel around Hispanics. When it's convenient they're "People of Color", oppressed just like you poor victims and when it's convenient, then they're racists and maybe even "White Hispanics" to boot.
A wide set nose. Yeah. Wide set! Nose. Wide. OK.

I'm not a SJW, nor have I ever advocated for Hispanics as victims. I care about ONE group: MINE.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/0...-another-month They don't mention if its a GJ or a district attorney decision.
Ramsey County attorney John Choi will be making the decision. Don't know whether a grand jury will be used to help him decide, but realistically speaking, I think that train has left the station. There has been more than enough time to do that. Would be an unconscionable delay to do it now well over two months after the incident.

I noticed the date of the article in your link was August 3 and the family was told the investigation could last another month. It has been 7 weeks now. Hope the delay ends soon. It is already an embarrassment for the Minnesota legal system after what recently happened in Oklahoma very quickly.

If charges are filed, Don Lewis will be the special prosecutor. He is a former federal prosecutor.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/29...lando-castile/.

Last edited by chessgeek; 09-22-2016 at 05:02 PM..

Old 09-22-2016, 04:54 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:

There are cases that are very clear, like the one in Tulsa. The video makes it very clear. Of course being charged does not equal being convicted. The Philandro Castile shooting is not nearly as clear. The cop seemed to think he was pulling over a suspect in an armed robbery. Castile had a gun and may or may not have advised the officer in the correct way. Castile also may or may not have had it out & in sight. Castile also may or may not have reached for it. The cop clearly thought Castile was going for his gun. He shouted repeatedly "I told him not to reach for it!!" as he melted down. None of these things means the shooting was clearly justified, but none of them mean the officer should clearly be charged either. The mob mentality, demanding the video footage of cases like this be released early on is stupid. The video footage is often the key piece of evidence in the case against the officer and by releasing it prematurely, they may render it inadmissible in court. Also, by rushing to charge an officer, they can overreach & end up letting a guilty officer walk. I see it happen every time a Black person is shot, emotional Black people racing to this and other forms claiming it was 1st degree murder & they want the officer charged with that. It's virtually impossible to convict a cop of 1st degree murder & with good reason. It's almost always in the best interest of the deceased to wait & craft a winning case, rather than rushing and screwing the case up

Old 09-22-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A wide set nose. Yeah. Wide set! Nose. Wide. OK.

I'm not a SJW, nor have I ever advocated for Hispanics as victims. I care about ONE group: MINE.
What is wrong with having a wide set nose? I honestly don't understand what the deal is?

Old 09-22-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
There are cases that are very clear, like the one in Tulsa. The video makes it very clear. Of course being charged does not equal being convicted. The Philandro Castile shooting is not nearly as clear. The cop seemed to think he was pulling over a suspect in an armed robbery. Castile had a gun and may or may not have advised the officer in the correct way. Castile also may or may not have had it out & in sight. Castile also may or may not have reached for it. The cop clearly thought Castile was going for his gun. He shouted repeatedly "I told him not to reach for it!!" as he melted down. None of these things means the shooting was clearly justified, but none of them mean the officer should clearly be charged either. The mob mentality, demanding the video footage of cases like this be released early on is stupid. The video footage is often the key piece of evidence in the case against the officer and by releasing it prematurely, they may render it inadmissible in court. Also, by rushing to charge an officer, they can overreach & end up letting a guilty officer walk. I see it happen every time a Black person is shot, emotional Black people racing to this and other forms claiming it was 1st degree murder & they want the officer charged with that. It's virtually impossible to convict a cop of 1st degree murder & with good reason. It's almost always in the best interest of the deceased to wait & craft a winning case, rather than rushing and screwing the case up
Baltimore LOL

Old 09-22-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
If the DA decides to charge Yanez, will you call him an SJW and roll your eyes? LOL.
No I will not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies