Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 01:58 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What you're saying def makes sense to me and, I'm a Trump fan.

To be fair: Iran has at least 2 BIG problems which WILL hurt it and bad. 1 is the low oil prices which is wrecking OPEC and the other is Iran's less than replacement level birthrate. The way that country's going; it may just die in about 10 years or less.
Iran has over 70 million people, which is the most populous country in the area, twice as many as Iraq, and almost three times as many as Saudi Arabia. They are not going away any time soon.

As a side note; I will never understand this "replacement level birthrate" argument. This comes up with Germany, Russia, and Japan. I have no idea why people get all hyped up over a failing birthrate when a country has tens of millions of people, and in the case of Japan and Russia, over 100 million people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 02:08 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Yeah us being in their backyard isn't provactative.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
iran is playing with the tigers tail, unfortunately right now the tiger is a paper one. if hillary gets into office, it will remain a paper one.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:20 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
They will risk the crews of 4 small boats to sink one Destroyer.

What a trade.

Isn't this the country we just airlifted vast sums of cash to? Isn't this the country that took Americans hostage? Isn't this the country that is cozy with the DPRK and which has stated ambitions to develop nukes?

That country?

Like the person walking along swatting at hornets, first one, then a few and then suddenly so many you have to run away.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
You folks wanna poke that Iranian bear, huh? OK...guess you didn't learn anything from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Keep playing though, and you'll definitely get another lesson. Apparently, getting your ass handed to you isn't embarrassing enough for some of you. You've gotta be thoroughly humiliated in order to get the message.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:25 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You folks wanna poke that Iranian bear, huh? OK...guess you didn't learn anything from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Keep playing though, and you'll definitely get another lesson. Apparently, getting your ass handed to you isn't embarrassing enough for some of you. You've gotta be thoroughly humiliated in order to get the message.

Who is "you folks"? Well "you folks" included someone that had balls living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave the bear would have been poked real good. Those 4 Iranian boats would be aluminum dust right now.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

if i were the commander in chief, i would not formulate an invasion of iran, but i would hand them a serious butt whipping. i would take out half their "navy" in the gulf, and any shore batteries that fired upon US and allied shipping.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:37 PM

78 posts, read 88,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainman-2 View Post
We shot off a few flares and tooted the horn!

We did not fire any warning shots!
The USS Nitze shot flares and blew the horn. The USS Squall fired warning shots.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:39 PM

warning shots are a waste of ammunition anyway. live rounds are better suited to sinking belligerents as needed.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Who is "you folks"? Well "you folks" included someone that had balls living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave the bear would have been poked real good. Those 4 Iranian boats would be aluminum dust right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if i were the commander in chief, i would not formulate an invasion of iran, but i would hand them a serious butt whipping. i would take out half their "navy" in the gulf, and any shore batteries that fired upon US and allied shipping.
Right.

And of course, in your minds, the Iranians are just gonna run away ...tail planted firmly between legs, and that'll be the end of it, huh?

Playing chicken with the lives of others sounds REAL GOOD on the internet. But in truth, no one is scared of you just because you're waving an American flag.

You folks had better wake up. You don't want what you think you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies