Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 01:28 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,363,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You'll excuse anything. Scott Brown did NOT stop them from doing anything before that election or getting the 60 votes to pass the pharmaceutical give aways in Obamacare. We do not have good health care because of people like yourself.
If you read the Forbes article that I posted, the Affordable Care Act could not go through reconciliation with the House as a result of Brown's election. Fact. Negotiated drug prices would have been a major talking point in reconciliation.

I'm in favor of negotiated drug prices and a public option to compete with the big insurance companies. I'm hardly the road block to healthcare reform in the U.S. I also would institute major wellness programs and tax sugared drinks.

What's your proposal?

By lumping the Democrats and Republicans together on healthcare reform, and they are not the same, you are saying that it doesn't make a difference which party is in control on this issue.

That's hogwash, pure and simple. Bernie Sanders will be a driving force on negotiated drug prices if the Democrats take control of the Senate. That's obvious, and should inform anybody interested in reining in big pharma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 01:32 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,917,839 times
Quote:
You said......"before". No you do not have to delete anything before presenting and passing something else.

I completely understand how things work.
And just how was Obamacare "presented"?

Wasn't it Pelosi who said we needed to pass it before finding out what was in it?

https://youtu.be/hV-05TLiiLU

You know how it works do you?

Old 08-28-2016, 01:39 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
If you read the Forbes article that I posted, the Affordable Care Act could not go through reconciliation with the House as a result of Brown's election. Fact. Negotiated drug prices would have been a major talking point in reconciliation.
Says you. If it wasn't before there is no reason to believe it would have then. It should have been included on day 1.

Quote:
I'm in favor of negotiated drug prices and a public option to compete with the big insurance companies. I'm hardly the road block to healthcare reform in the U.S. I also would institute major wellness programs and tax sugared drinks.

What's your proposal?
Single payer universal health care, getting rid of the middleman and holding politicians responsible by throwing them out when they play politics with it.

Quote:
By lumping the Democrats and Republicans together on healthcare reform, and they are not the same, you are saying that it doesn't make a difference which party is in control on this issue.
So far it hasn't.

Quote:
That's hogwash, pure and simple. Bernie Sanders will be a driving force on negotiated drug prices if the Democrats take control of the Senate. That's obvious, and should inform anybody interested in reining in big pharma.
The (D)'s have neutered Bernie. He couldn't even get them to include a statement against TTP in their platform even though it means nothing and they claim they are against it.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
And just how was Obamacare "presented"?

Wasn't it Pelosi who said we needed to pass it before finding out what was in it?

https://youtu.be/hV-05TLiiLU

You know how it works do you?
She did say that and that was the day the (D)'s lost the House. It has nothing to do with what we were discussing though.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:43 PM

Ah, Pelosi and her pass it before you find out whats in it sure got and different line if thinking started, didn't it?

Now you want to know specifics before moving ahead? Whats the matter, what was ok for Obamacare isn't ok for getting rid of it and putting something else in its place?

Now you want to know what it is beforehand?

Talk about hypocrisy.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
She did say that and that was the day the (D)'s lost the House. It has nothing to do with what we were discussing though.
It has everything to do with it but the double standard is always okay when its your double standard.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Ah, Pelosi and her pass it before you find out whats in it sure got and different line if thinking started, didn't it?

Now you want to know specifics before moving ahead? Whats the matter, what was ok for Obamacare isn't ok for getting rid of it and putting something else in its place?
It wasn't O.K.

Quote:
Now you want to know what it is beforehand?

Talk about hypocrisy.
It's amazing how small thinking a response like this is. I find it amazing how so many think if you are condemning one thing you are defending something else. Pelosi is scum for what she did. SHe helped completely screw up health care when we had a real chance to make positive changes.

Try thinking beyond your partisan politics once in awhile.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
It has everything to do with it but the double standard is always okay when its your double standard.
You are the one who argued that, not me.

Old 08-28-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
It wasn't O.K.

It's amazing how small thinking a response like this is. I find it amazing how so many think if you are condemning one thing you are defending something else. Pelosi is scum for what she did. SHe helped completely screw up health care when we had a real chance to make positive changes.

Try thinking beyond your partisan politics once in awhile.
Ok, then explain just how you expect any positive change with the likes of Pelosi there? She's the model for the rest of the democrat party.

Obamacare was small thinking, there is no better example of it.

Old 08-28-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Ok, then explain just how you expect any positive change with the likes of Pelosi there? She's the model for the rest of the democrat party.
Pelosi should have been booted long ago. She is no longer in charge of the House either. Ryan pushed through the money to finance Obamacare and his immigration programs.

We did not improve with Ryan.

Quote:
Obamacare was small thinking, there is no better example of it.
Did you read none of my replies to WRnative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies