Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:08 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
OK, I gave you the benefit of the doubt but now I see that you're using language like "plantation thinking" to describe black folks voting their interest. I'm starting to think you're not black. This was my original thought to begin with...
It is plantation thinking. And for the last time, I am black.

It does me, or any other black person, no good to continuously look over our shoulder and wonder what whitey is doing... Or to blame others for what happens.

I am not even talking about elections. I am talking about a better life. There are successful blacks on the left and right. That's what this thread is about. Putting away the stagnant mindset, and moving towards a more constructive mindset.

Your perception is your problem, not mine. Because you two can't think outside of your box, I am not who I say I am. That's your problem and I don't have to prove jack to either of you.

I know I riding upstream, and since you bring up voting and politics, Dems have been jacking black folk for years. I don't care which party it is, but I am for whomever provides the most opportunities to succeed and to make a better life. All the Dems have to offer is fear of whitey. You are so scared that you can even think outside of the box they put you in.

We need a spiritual emancipation proclamation. We are free. We are free to think outside the Democratic fence posts. Now if you want to stay in there, fine. But don't give me grief because I am on the outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 08:12 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Housing projects are very similar to trailer parks. I'm pretty sure you'll receive a warm welcoming...

Just like most people posting in this forum, you're part of the 47% that receives more than they pay out.. Regardless of what your Republican elite masters say the working class is in this together.. Don't try and build divisions...
Give it up. No one is together in anything with you, they all left long ago once they saw the gutter philosophy, benefit seeking ideas and shameless use of the color of one's skin to hide behind pure racism of the highest order.

You are turning this thread into you own personal attack agenda, there's someone else trying to learn from you but fortunantly everyone see your failed attempts to elevate yourself at the expense of decency.

I think you've attacked the race of other people posting here long enough, you make it personal in direct violation of the TOS for this forum.

Why don't you start behaving like a human being and discuss ideas instead of people?

Old 08-26-2016, 08:18 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
I think you can blame the media also.

It seems far too rare for them to highlight the successes and stories full of hope and happiness.

Instead, they want to focus on crime and negativity.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:23 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
She has probably worked a lot of long hours to accomplish so much.

If it were local restaurants I would stop by and give her some business to reward her success.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

It seems far too rare for them to highlight the successes and stories full of hope and happiness.

Any time the incentive of money is a factor, sensationalism becomes paramount.

They need to sell ads. To sell ads they need viewers and one way to attract them is to create conflict, highlight trouble and if that doesn't work, create both.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:27 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Yeah.

I know a well-meaning white liberal teacher that tells black students to their face that "ALL" blacks are at a disadvantage to "ALL" Whites due to white privilege.

He even argued against my point the the Obama daughters have far more advantages than a poor white kid to a single mother...nuts.

For any kid who believes that, what do you think it does to their psyche? Why try if you are set up to fail...and then when you fail, you can blame it on white privilege not your lack of a work ethic. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:27 PM

Anyone who can get a franchise restaurant to succeed works harder than most regardless of who they are or where they came from.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:33 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

It does me, or any other black person, no good to continuously look over our shoulder and wonder what whitey is doing... Or to blame others for what happens.

I am not even talking about elections. I am talking about a better life. There are successful blacks on the left and right. That's what this thread is about. Putting away the stagnant mindset, and moving towards a more constructive mindset.

Your perception is your problem, not mine. Because you two can't think outside of your box, I am not who I say I am. That's your problem and I don't have to prove jack to either of you.

I know I riding upstream, and since you bring up voting and politics, Dems have been jacking black folk for years. I don't care which party it is, but I am for whomever provides the most opportunities to succeed and to make a better life. All the Dems have to offer is fear of whitey. You are so scared that you can even think outside of the box they put you in.

We need a spiritual emancipation proclamation. We are free. We are free to think outside the Democratic fence posts. Now if you want to stay in there, fine. But don't give me grief because I am on the outside.
So you're telling me that you're hand and hand with people like Mack Knife?

Tell me this, how many black folks are brought into the discussion when policy is being discussed by Republicans? Not many.. Within the Democrat arena blacks are part of the discussion.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:

LMAO....you're not riding upstream. You just fool yourself into believing that in order to hold yourself up as someone that's exceptional just because you're "black" and not a Democrat. But that doesn't make you special.

You're not riding upstream....more like you're being taken for a ride.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
If they can't buy homes, how is she getting wealthy from them?

Can't bring yourself to acknowledge what she has done?
thats the problem with a lot of people and their thinking. it has to be that she is stealing from poor people, or taking advantage of them somehow, not that she stepped up and took the big risks, and put out the necessary effort to succeed, which she did.

too many people cant see that, and so they have to suggest that somehow she has done something wrong.

and DD, just so you know, not everyone measures success by how much they have. i was a success in my field because people wanted to hire me, and then promote me. i was constantly being given greater responsibility at my job, things that other people didnt get, because i was willing to take the extra steps to be as valuable as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies