Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 12:13 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
He doesn't like the USA, but he doesn't dislike it enough to leave.
You can't just leave and live wherever you want. Even getting residency in Canada is not easy.

When the anthem is played, I find somewhere is else to go... Take a leak or get a beer. I won't endorse a country that has turned into a lawless banana republic. He can't do that so I don't blame him for not standing.

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Half the guys who do stand are goofing off, looking bored, not standing straight, chewing gum...
Let's get some military discipline in that lineup.

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Screw that little oppressed black man. His life sucks so bad. Indoctrination gone wild.

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
agree, disagree?

Is this essentially a protest against the horrible job the worst president ever has done?
Quote:
you could say he LOVES the usa and won't stand back and let it go down the tubes. he's willing to risk his fame and fortune to make a statement that we need to clean things up. maybe he went about it the wrong way, but he's doing what he believes is right.
You really should consider doing at least some research before you go off with these kinds of threads. Have you heard of this free and easy to use thing called "Google Search?"

He's protesting because of perceived police brutality against blacks. The whole BLM thing. You know, the whole thing that conservatives such as yourself discredit. Nothing to do with Obama and conservative rhetoric.

Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem - NFL.com

Quote:
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Old 08-27-2016, 12:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He doesn't like the government. Cowards cut and run. Patriots stand and fight against tyranny.
Sounds like he needs to go protest against the Democrats in places like Baltimore that run that city's police department.

If he had any real stones, he'd be calling them out. He'd be going to Chicago where the black bodies pile up in the streets.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:15 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
he's not going to come out and say it, but if you read between the lines, its an indictment of the country going down the tubes....which is obama's fault.
I think that's a tortured reading of his comments.
  • ...country that oppresses black people and people of color...
  • ...bodies in the street...
  • ...getting away with murder...
It seems clear to me he's talking about the "war on innocent black people" being waged by police and white oppressors.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:17 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
agree, disagree?

Is this essentially a protest against the horrible job the worst president ever has done?
Why would he be talking about 2001-2009?

Old 08-27-2016, 12:18 PM

371 posts, read 526,764 times
Default Colin Kaepernick not standing up during the National Anthem

As everyone may know, during the 49ers preseason game versus the Packers, Colin Kaepernick did not stand up during the national anthem as he was protesting a nation that supposedly oppresses black people.

I can appreciate Colin Kapernick trying to make a statement, but I don't believe it is the correct statement.

Many black people choose to live a life where they get free housing and food stamps as they don't want to work. I want to be careful as this is not all black people, but there are probably more black people in that lifestyle than white people (especially in NYC). We will never be able to prove it as the statistics will never be released which I feel they should be given I am a proponent of open government.

I think a lot of excuses are made. Many black people could go to college, but they think they won't get a job and then they will have all these loans to payback. You need to take a risk in order to get a better economic situation, you need to work really hard as there are no freebies anymore (well except EBT and housing). I went to college as I wanted a better situation than my parents (I am caucasian).

There are some black people who want their community to be better. For one and I am hesitant to mention this individual but Bill Cosby was always in favor of black people raising their game. This was way before he was accused of all the rapes.

Bill Cosby also has an affinity for college football where he would invite a potential draft pick to come and watch the draft with him. It was a way to promote a guy who was black and raising his game, doing something to the best of his ability.

See link: Awful Announcing: Quan Cosby, Meet Bill Cosby

I also want to know what President Obama felt of Colin Kaepernick's protest. Obama alone shows the strides that black people have made, he is the President of the United States. I thought it was disrespectful of Kaepernick to make this statement. I think the black community is improving, but there can also be criticism.

For example, Whitney Houston was booed when she was announced at as a nominee at an awards show and was criticized for acting too white.

Link: https://www.larryelder.com/b/Whitney...clesdetail.jsp

so if black people are not poor and on EBT, then they will be called too white? Is that the case? Then there will probably always be some black people living the EBT and free handouts lifestyle. In my opinion, they oppress themselves and the oppression is not done by the United States.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:20 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Freedom of expression!

Old 08-27-2016, 12:21 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Freedom of expression!
Correct. It's not patriotism if you are forced or pressured to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies