Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2016, 08:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
He is what most liberals are, hypocritical and poorly informed.

Here is a black guy who was adopted and raised by white parents. Racist America continued the assault on him with a college education, and an NFL CONTRACT of $100,000,000 + to play football .... more money over a five year period than 50 regular people will earn in a lifetime .... an extremely blessed and lucrative position in life to wit few have the privilege of enjoying. In return, he aligns himself with the racist radicals of Black Lives Matter, condemning a country, and by insinuation, his own white parents for whom without, he would have nothing.

If fair treatment would be applied to him, he would lose all of that, and maybe then he would appreciate what he lost ... since he surely doesn't appreciate what he has received.
Because protest has to be about you? This is the thing here. Do you really think that protest should only be valid when you are directly affected? It's hypocritical to protest over what you see as wrongs towards others?

Old 08-28-2016, 08:22 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
You can't just leave and live wherever you want. Even getting residency in Canada is not easy.

When the anthem is played, I find somewhere is else to go... Take a leak or get a beer. I won't endorse a country that has turned into a lawless banana republic. He can't do that so I don't blame him for not standing.
"I won't endorse a country that has turned into a lawless banana republic."

You OBVIOUSLY have NEVER been in a "banana republic" country!

Please leave, IMMEDIATELY!

Old 08-28-2016, 08:26 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Correct. It's not patriotism if you are forced or pressured to do it.
There is another thing called RESPECT also.

There are ways to get things changed

Showing Disrespect is NOT one of them.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:26 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
kudos to Kaepernick! The man is exercising his right of free speech and protest. For all of you bashing and condemning the guy, please tell me when standing for the National Anthem or placing the hand over the heart during the playing of the National Anthem became mandatory for civilian citizens (other than for military, police, etc).
He's getting bashed because he wants it both ways. He enjoys the freedoms and rewards of living in this country, then disrespects the very symbol of those same freedoms and rewards. Where else in this WORLD would he be able to live the life he does based on his athletic ability?

People like him, and those who defend him, are the reason that people like me are preparing for the inevitable conflicts that will be tearing at this country in the not too distant future.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:31 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
kudos to Kaepernick! The man is exercising his right of free speech and protest. For all of you bashing and condemning the guy, please tell me when standing for the National Anthem or placing the hand over the heart during the playing of the National Anthem became mandatory for civilian citizens (other than for military, police, etc).
We're ashamed of you, too.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:43 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Americas
Too bad Kaepernick doesn't see things that way.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
he's not going to come out and say it, but if you read between the lines, its an indictment of the country going down the tubes....which is obama's fault.
Well, it's Obama's fault except for:

The GOP controlling 31 governor's mansions

29 state legislatures

US Congress - both senate and house

Until recently, a solid majority of the supreme court

And consider that the Pubs have held congress for 18 of the past 22 years, while holding the White House for 28 of the past 48 years, and your argument just doesn't hold water.

So, let's hear it for "the party of personal responsibility."

Old 08-28-2016, 08:46 AM

757 posts, read 837,874 times
The American flag has been used and abused for years now. It is underwear, beach towels, adorns used car lots, rarely taken down in the evening and it is not unusual to see it in tatters on some ill kept flagpole. With so little respect shown for it, it is no wonder that young Kapernick has no respect for the flag nor the history behind it. I have been in stadiums when the anthem was played and many people might have stood but never ceased talking, beer drinking etc. Kapernick is a symbol of the state of American society.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:48 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygeorge View Post
The American flag has been used and abused for years now. It is underwear, beach towels, adorns used car lots, rarely taken down in the evening and it is not unusual to see it in tatters on some ill kept flagpole. With so little respect shown for it, it is no wonder that young Kapernick has no respect for the flag nor the history behind it. I have been in stadiums when the anthem was played and many people might have stood but never ceased talking, beer drinking etc. Kapernick is a symbol of the state of American society.
Every WWII vet that I knew is gone now. It was an absolute treat to see the respect those people had for this country and the flag. I don't know if we will ever see that again.

My Dad put his flag up and took it down every day of his life (that I saw anyway) and even in the nursing home at the end the nurses put his flag up on the wall outside his room.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:55 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
He has the right to protest and people have the right to protest his protest...the issue is that most people don't have the intelligence and or emotional maturity to understand this. Anyways, this is what makes America great. FYI I really don't care. There are bigger issues than a burned out QB on a crappy NFL team not standing for the Star-Spangled Banner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies