Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 03:26 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How about standing in appreciation that a guy with an IQ of 75 can make millions of dollars playing a kid's game? He should kiss every fans backside before the game starts too.

Cashier at Walmart would have been a stretch for him if someone else hadn't invented a game he can actually play.
Not only a football player, he was high school all-state in Baseball and Basketball while carrying a 4.0 GPA, was drafted by the MLB's Chicago Cubs and has a bachelor's degree in business management (3.75 gpa at U of Nevada).

Guess he's a bit over qualified to replace you at your Walmart job.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:27 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Kaepernick has every right to express his beliefs at a time and place he sees fitting, and others have the right to disagree.

This is democracy in action.

playing in the NFL and representing the NFL has nothing with democracy......the NFL should slap his spoiled a$$ around.

He doesn't seem too oppressed to me. His parents, one of whom was black, tossed him aside and he was raised by middle class white people who loved him, fed him, put a roof over his head, bought him clothes, pay for his medical and dental bills and put him in every sport he wanted to play since a kid that ended him in the NFL into a MILLIONAIRE.

he is a POS!

Old 08-27-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Wall st kid ---

I have been a devout 49er fan my entire life....and even a season ticket holder for years when I lived there.

Kap is a mess mentally and physically....and has been for a while. His main problem is that he can't process what he is seeing on the field in the context of the opposing defense and react efficiently and accurately. In pure football terms - He can't seem to throw guys open and can't get past his first and second reads.

He's a free agent next year and wont be resigned. He'll probably end up back on the IR again this year as he only played one series and did terrible in the preseason loss to GB last night.

Instead of protesting the flag, he should be protesting the folks in the administration who are behind the divide and conquer strategy, creating division between races and division between the police and black people.

In this situation, the police are in the same stooge pot as everyone else who has blinders on.

Kap needs to both open his eyes wider and get in better touch with his intution to figure this thing out.

Deep down we all know the truth - but fear is keeping it hidden and out of sight for many.

I
None of the QB's were worth a grain of salt, but this was his first time, this season, in a live game.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
um... WRONG...lol eehhhhhhh xxxx

at his home? sure...in the street? sure...

WHILE AT HIS JOB?? heck freakin' no...

Working at job for a boss is NOT a Democracy.. you don't get a vote.

You do what you are told, quit or get fired.
I have never seen a job description that includes standing for the national anthem.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
playing in the NFL and representing the NFL has nothing with democracy......the NFL should slap his spoiled a$$ around.
Because they should be as closed minded as you?

Quote:
He doesn't seem too oppressed to me. His parents, one of whom was black, tossed him aside and he was raised by middle class white people who loved him, fed him, put a roof over his head, bought him clothes, pay for his medical and dental bills and put him in every sport he wanted to play since a kid that ended him in the NFL into a MILLIONAIRE.

he is a POS!
Can you understand the idea that everything does not have to be about you?

Old 08-27-2016, 03:46 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Meh. The way he is playing he will be out of the league soon enough.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:47 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Not only a football player, he was high school all-state in Baseball and Basketball while carrying a 4.0 GPA, was drafted by the MLB's Chicago Cubs and has a bachelor's degree in business management (3.75 gpa at U of Nevada).

Guess he's a bit over qualified to replace you at your Walmart job.
Ouch! Thats gonna leave a mark.

As far as Kap goes, this pretty much assures him that he won't be traded. Not only because of the huge contract (guaranteed 12 million this year) but also the mediocre play at his position. Now he is viewed as unpatriotic, and that's as bad as it gets in the NFL, where flag waving and military worship are expected from the players.

I imagine there are those in his locker room who really have a dim view of this guy and want him gone.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:50 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
So he doesn't want to pledge blind allegiance to the symbol of a country where minorities, especially black people, have have been oppressed for their entire existence here? That's his right, since we're a free country and all.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because they should be as closed minded as you?
that pretty much describes Kap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Can you understand the idea that everything does not have to be about you?
again, you are talking about Kap.....

Old 08-27-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
So he doesn't want to pledge blind allegiance to the symbol of a country where minorities, especially black people, have have been oppressed for their entire existence here? That's his right, since we're a free country and all.

they can go back to Africa and eat flies if they don't like the U.S.A....i'm sure they have a good well paid sports program down there.....its call run and hide from the Lions and chase the Zebras......I'm sure Kap can get a scholarship down there and be living the dream if he can keep himself from starving to death!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies