Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 02:04 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
They're not trespassing if it's someone who the OP admitted to allowing on his property. So there goes that theory. Then again, this is a work of fiction.

Lets just say it is real, because, it does happen that signs get repeatedly stolen or vandalized.

If it someone allowed on the property, the owner should know that so he can tell that person they are no longer welcome there, and so the owner can decide if he wants to press charges for theft or vandalism. And the police can keep an eye on the criminal if he or she is from town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 02:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
On one farm, I have a very nice house and grounds which I allow all of the "locals" to use whenever they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
read it two days ago, thanks for the tip. you may now continue with your evasionary tactics.
I don't think you did. Otherwise you would've remembered that above.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:13 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:

It is sad that anyone would destroy political signs, but I will take pleasure in the knowledge that the liberal doing so will not be able to vote as a result of their effort to suppress any opposition views. What kind of idiot does such a thing? I despise Hillary; however, I would never remove/destroy a Hillary sign, as such behavior is childish and absurd.

Liberalism = Fascism
You are just a murderer destroying the earth with your obvious lust for meat and anyone who supports Trump MUST BE A Racist, a Bigot, a Liar, a GREEDY, GREEDY person who really shouldn't have the right to congregate to speak about such inhumane ways against the righteous liberals who love peace and hate war, you are probably a war monger with many guns and the day is coming, O yes, teach your children to use guns and they are terrorists like bombs ready to explode, can't you see everyone dying of guns?

And those police PFFFT!

They are all racist, HAVEN"T YOU SEEN THE NEWS LATELY?

Now everyone knows cops are just abusers who are all white and all cops hate people of color, where you been man?

WOE UNTO YOU when I come to occupy against you meat eaters and destroyers of the earth with your John deers and your cattle farting anywhere they want.

Next thing you know, you will say you are white, white privilege!

Maybe if you are a white man, you could take a course to teach you how not to be white, in fact, you could really be shown the monster you are, I mean, if you are white, well, you are just born the devil and you don't know what it's like to be somebody of color. I mean, I am white but I freely acknowledge my white privilege and now I can see the true animal and devil that I am, '' KILL WHITEY.''

I turned my hair purple and put rings in my nose as to give myself away as a slave, it's time white people should stop abusing and become the slave.

Sarcasm huh.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:16 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't think you did. Otherwise you would've remembered that above.
you are correct. my apologies.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:19 PM

It's funny, I was quoting what a man said to me and my daughter in a doctors office as if everyone knew the cops were evil and needed to be shot, he was sure that this was common knowledge and he wasn't the first one to say this.

People just start talking about things that aint happening acting as if you see it happening, like all cops are evil racist.

All Trump supporters evil racist bigots.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:40 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Trespassing is very unlikely on an unoccupied rural estate where the owner has allowed wide spread usage. The owner could serve trespass notice on some person and then successful enforce trespass but a place which is commonly open will not sustain it without individual notice.

Does not however detract from the vandalism which is a misdemeanor and as potent as trespass in most systems. Note that police need to observe a misdemeanor or have someone willing to swear to it. And in a ruralish area the police may well be willing to stake out a place for a leading citizen. Not unusual.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:47 PM

952 posts, read 518,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He helps them by letting them hunt and use his property and they help him. He can put up whatever signs he wants on his property. He can get whatever help is available to stop the illegal behavior against his property. Why would police not want to catch the jerks who repeatedly trespass and violate the law in their community. Do you not know at all how small towns work? People look out for each other, there may not be much crime and they want to know who is causing any problems. It is not OPs fault people are vandalizing. Using that mentality if your house is burglarized its your fault for having things people want to steal.
How do you equate letting them hunt on their free time to patrolling his unoccupied property on the taxpayer's dime?

Why does he not have any responsibility to keep his property safe?

What if he left the house every day and left his garage door open? Then, 8 times someone came in and took things out of his garage. So he calls the police to watch his property because he feels it is his right to leave the garage door open, and no one should violate that right.

Wouldn't it be obvious that the first response would be 'why don't you close the door'? Or would you work yourself into a lather about how his rights are being trampled by liberals even though it could have been pubs that took his chainsaw...

Old 08-29-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I have a couple of farms about an hour from where I live. On one farm, I have a very nice house and grounds which I allow all of the "locals" to use whenever they want. Most of the people in that area are very nice.

At this location, I have now had my EIGHTH Trump sign destroyed/vandalized. There are two cops who hunt on my land, one who fishes, and another who gets wood to heat his house. I finally called the cops (I know them all) and they are simply going to wait and arrest the offender, as the signs last about 4-6 hours.

It is sad that anyone would destroy political signs, but I will take pleasure in the knowledge that the liberal doing so will not be able to vote as a result of their effort to suppress any opposition views. What kind of idiot does such a thing? I despise Hillary; however, I would never remove/destroy a Hillary sign, as such behavior is childish and absurd.

Liberalism = Fascism

Hey Hawkeye, I didn't read the whole thread, did you ever catch anyone? Got some film? That would be cool. That is really and truly embarasking.

I have seen so many people busted for destroying private property.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:58 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
How do you equate letting them hunt on their free time to patrolling his unoccupied property on the taxpayer's dime?

Why does he not have any responsibility to keep his property safe?

What if he left the house every day and left his garage door open? Then, 8 times someone came in and took things out of his garage. So he calls the police to watch his property because he feels it is his right to leave the garage door open, and no one should violate that right.

Wouldn't it be obvious that the first response would be 'why don't you close the door'? Or would you work yourself into a lather about how his rights are being trampled by liberals even though it could have been pubs that took his chainsaw...
Comeon give Hawkeye a break. Cops patrol around all day long looking out for the rights of property owners. Concentrating in a small area part of the day to catch an ongoing vandal would be quite acceptable.

In many parts of the US stealing stuff from an open garage would be considered a rather dastardly crime and might well lead to a stake out. In rural areas particularly people don't expect to have to tightly secure everything against thieves. Basically a "neighbors don't rob neigbors" meme.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:01 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
All we got are Trump signs around here. The Hillary ones seem nonexistent. I guess the shame of the sign has gotten to the Lefties in these parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies