Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 05:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

I prefer a society where people are preparing how to avoid the "SHTF" scenario. That requires most of us to pay taxes to support the folks that are working on keeping our culture functional instead of selfish individuals concerned only with themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 06:10 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I like how the guys says he not paranoid but if and when it hits the fan.... I don't like preppers at all but honestly, if they have to exist, the Idaho backwoods is as good a place as any for them. Idaho seems to welcome them so they are a good fit.
I like how 'we're all unique, just like everyone else'. After all, no 2 snowflakes are alike. Why worry that these particular & indeed very precious snowflakes seem to be creating their very own special safe places?

Old 08-28-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I prefer a society where people are preparing how to avoid the "SHTF" scenario. That requires most of us to pay taxes to support the folks that are working on keeping our culture functional instead of selfish individuals concerned only with themselves.
Hey, that sounds like a pragmatic, plausible plan? Hush now, it doesn't sound like it's a 'marketable concept' for a 'reality show' & besides there's not a snowflake's chance in hell that folks will attain their '15 minutes a fame status.'

Old 08-28-2016, 06:32 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
I like how the guys says he not paranoid but if and when it hits the fan.... I don't like preppers at all but honestly, if they have to exist, the Idaho backwoods is as good a place as any for them. Idaho seems to welcome them so they are a good fit.
I just don't understand why people don't understand the reason to be prepared. I'm not talking about zombies , aliens or things like that. There are all kinds of reasons that one should be prepared though. Some just take to different levels.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:36 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You seriously think Montana would be a more dangerous to live in than Chicago after a major disaster?
The inner cities would absolutely be war zones if thing went bad... I would want to put as much distance from any large population center and my family as possible. Those that don't believe that are just clueless.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:42 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Everyone "preps".

Old 08-28-2016, 06:44 AM

45,321 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
What is "Amurika"? ...an attempt to mock the accents of people in Montana? They don't pronounce it that way.
Yes. Sometimes rendered as Murica. It's intended to be an insult operating to intelligence and education.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:44 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Have you read a prepper forum? Constantly anticipating what they like to call SHTF? Quite ridiculous IMO but you go on with that Chicago thing you're talking about.
Every weekend in Chicago it looks like shtf not to mention the constant whining from people with your mentality about children having to cross war zones to get to schools yet preppers are the crazy ones.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:48 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
What is "Amurika"? ...an attempt to mock the accents of people in Montana? They don't pronounce it that way.
Actually he speaks of the Amurika folks who are billionaires and mostly democrats.

Why billionaires flock to Idaho in July: The Sun Valley conference explained

Old 08-28-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
It is a version of "murica" and its really more of a way to mock southern accents, and southern people who are associated with conservative believe. In this case they are transposing that to those living a conservative lifestyle in the mountain west. Regional accents aside its an attack on those who value the constitution, and conservative traditional values. The idea that people are moving away from leftist dominated places and concentrating in red states threatens those on the left, and it creates fear on their part. The worst nightmare of the left is the idea that the South and the mountain west unite and rise against them in rebellion. This is often not talked about but it is a possible way our nation will break apart. People who believe in American values will not yield and some leftist are smart enough to know it. One day this division may lead to an unpleasant break in our Union. Those who are PC special snowflakes in need of safe spaces will never be able to compromise with those who believe in God, freedom and traditional American values. The two worldviews are simply not compatable.
Some Confederate-Americans have been 'threatening' to do 'it again' since ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies