Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 09:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
https://www.bleachbit.org/news/bleac...illary-clinton

BleachBit now using Hillary to advertise their effectiveness!
They should! And they should include the clip of her saying "Like wipe it with a cloth or something?"

BleachBit is so effective Hillary Clinton used it on her Benghazi e-mails and even the FBI couldn't recover them.

Then, you know, they'll hike up the price. Got my fingers crossed that Assange got them from his source before she bleached them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 01:25 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You don't use Bleachbit to wipe yoga emails... you use it to hide anything criminal that you have done or don't want anyone to know what kind of person you are... either way, it proves she is that kind of person..
Anyone who doesn't use a product like BleachBit when they stop using or re-purposes a disk drive is not following good IT practice. Not using such a product is just leaving yourself wide open to being hacked. It doesn't surprise me that many people probably don't do it. I've read cases of hard drives from top secret weapons labs not being cleaned before recycling. Bottom line its just good practice.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If there was no attempt to archive them first, this does prove that she wanted to destroy records.
Key point being whether or not the appropriate records were archived or not. Simply deleting a email which was required to be kept without running BleachBit would be a failure to follow the regulations.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's like a person going thru the trouble of not only shredding documents the FBI was requesting, but burning, and grinding them into pulp. And these sycophantic Hilary shills claiming it's just what normal people do when the FBI demands they hand over documents and records pursuant to a federal criminal investigation.
You are claiming to know when BleachBit was run. Do you have a link to an article that backs up your claim?

Old 08-31-2016, 01:41 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
You are claiming to know when BleachBit was run. Do you have a link to an article that backs up your claim?
I don't think anyone knows. You could ask Hillary, but chances are she would just lie. Her IT guy should know, but would he tell the truth? The FBI should know, but at this point I'm not convinced they did their due diligence, or were possibly negligent in carrying out this investigation, either willingly or under influence from someone else.

Lots of unanswered questions still that we cant seem to get straight answers for, which in itself is a huge problem.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't think anyone knows. You could ask Hillary, but chances are she would just lie. Her IT guy should know, but would he tell the truth? The FBI should know, but at this point I'm not convinced they did their due diligence, or were possibly negligent in carrying out this investigation, either willingly or under influence from someone else.

Lots of unanswered questions still that we cant seem to get straight answers for, which in itself is a huge problem.
I think the FBI would be keenly interested in destruction of evidence after they requested it. I've read a lot of different articles on the use of BleachBit and claim that it was used after the FBI requested the data doesn't appear to be claimed by anyone in a position to know.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:10 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
I think the FBI would be keenly interested in destruction of evidence after they requested it. I've read a lot of different articles on the use of BleachBit and claim that it was used after the FBI requested the data doesn't appear to be claimed by anyone in a position to know.
I don't think we have any solid answer on this, and not sure we will get one. Unless people continue to push and ask questions, but Hillary defenders get very uptight when people ask reasonable questions, presumably because they don't want to have to see her put in a position where she has to lie...again.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:56 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Lightbulb Hillary deleted thousands of emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Did the Wiener scandal come out to put Bleachbit to bed?
With Hillary joking that she wipes using a towel, proves she doesn't take any email classified email process seriously. Hillary is either incompetent or negligent. Either way she lies, or loses.

Voters have no trust in Hillary for doing or saying what is truthful if she was willing to lie to the security division in the State department.

Next on this thread will be some anti-Trump comment to deflect the voter exodus from the Hillary village.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Do you have a link to an article claiming what you have stated? I've read a bunch of articles and none of them dealt with the timing of the use of BleachBit.
William the 14,900 including the 30 in question here were not recovered from that server. They were recovered mostly through other means such as searching through other people's government accounts.

Quote:
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014. We found those additional e-mails in a variety of ways. Some had been deleted over the years and we found traces of them on devices that supported or were connected to the private e-mail domain. Others we found by reviewing the archived government e-mail accounts of people who had been government employees at the same time as Secretary Clinton, including high-ranking officials at other agencies, people with whom a Secretary of State might naturally correspond.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:35 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:

The only point I've made is that use of BleachBit in and of itself is meaningless. It proves nothing.
It's not meaningless, any communications she had with anyone through private email accounts are going to be very difficult to recover if not impossible. We need to take her word for it that they were all turned over and clearly that is not the truth since the FBI was able to recover 14,900 of them. There is undoubtedly many more of them since the FBI would have no way of determining what was sent and received to private email accounts.

Again if for example she and her staff were using accounts on that server for business related communications anything deleted from it is gone and the chances of recovering it are none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies