Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 10:30 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Anti- homosexuality is most common in heavily male- dominated social structures, regardless of geo boundaries or religions. They tend to rationalize their behaviors with religion, oftentimes rooted in British colonial laws

Some media prefers to ignore this and instead focus only on Muslims. That's not the same as defending Muslim extremists.

The sex lives of consenting adults is none of my business. The term " adult" varies throughout the world and has evolved over time.
No, I am no fan of corporate media, but

It’s amazing to think someone could equate being gay with committing treason or first-degree murder.
It’s also interesting that countries we think of as having horrible official policies towards LGBT people like Russia seem if not evolved then at least humane compared with this terrible list. Though in Russia, as with many places, it’s not the government you have to be most afraid of, it’s the gang of armed neanderthals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 10:41 AM

29,452 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
But that doesn't stop a person from forming an organization. It didn't stop Blacks in the south from joining the racist violent BLM, why not form a group that does something positive and advocates for Gay rights in Africa.
Are you talking about black people who are Democrats or Democratic governance of black people ??????

There is a difference.

The black community is extremely homophobic, and there is no defending that. It mostly comes from religion, not ideology.

Last edited by dsjj251; 08-28-2016 at 10:54 AM..

Old 08-28-2016, 10:42 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
Quote:
Substantially male dominated cultures all over the world have trended anti homosexual since forever. They tend not to hold women to the same standards and practice " corrective rape". Poor animals probably don't know what they are missing, eh.

Many seem easily able to distinguish between mainstream and non mainstream Christianity but choose not to do so as it relates to Islam.
This, of course, is the issue in a nutshell. I do not label ALL Christians as gay haters. I couldn't possibly do so because I personally know many Christians who are also liberal Democrats. I am able to tell the difference between them and the fundamentalists. But Muslim-bashers are unable to make any such distinction. To them, ALL Muslims=BAD!!

Quote:
I seem to recall a story about a Jewish preacher who, in the ME, reportedly once said words that have since been translated to

" He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone".
Ah, what did that bleeding heart, love one another, liberal hippie know? The REAL Jesus would be walking around with an automatic weapon today, ready to blow away anyone who disagreed with him.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:52 AM

Nobody thinks ALL Muslims are bad

But "you just think ALL Muslims are bad" is certainly the conversation ends all conversations.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:53 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,559,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Are you talking about black people of Democrats and their governance of black people.

There is a difference.

The black community is extremely homophobic, and there is no defending that. It mostly comes from religion, not ideology.
And not just Blacks, but another Democrat constituency; Muslims.

Some of the most rabid homophobes are Democrats.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:55 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,564,891 times
Quote:

So I guess your a Democrat ?

Old 08-28-2016, 10:57 AM

29,452 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:

I do not deny that there are homophobic people who vote for Democrats. I do however deny that they are the majority in our party or even the majority of homophones.

I live in the deep South, there are a lot of openly homophobic Republicans here.

1,478 posts, read 785,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://youtu.be/FLK5Zo4kpos

Don't watch if you can't handle graphic images/video!

For people in denial how Muslims treat Gays while yelling Allah Akbar a must seen!

How can the world stand by and not act!
A Muslim may be the Good Samaritan.

Look at al-Sisi in Egpyt. He protects Christians. Assad protects Christians in Syria and he's Muslim.

I didn't watch the video because I don't want to see that kind of violence now. Humans like to act like Chimpanzees. Americans would lynch pedophilies if the police let them. There will always be someone humans want to lynch. I kind of want to lynch US politicians.

199 posts, read 175,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://youtu.be/FLK5Zo4kpos

Don't watch if you can't handle graphic images/video!

For people in denial how Muslims treat Gays while yelling Allah Akbar a must seen!

How can the world stand by and not act!
Even the ones who are radical extremists carry some anti-gay bias and attitudes. Hillary Clinton wants to bring the equivalent of 100,000 anti-gay mormons or southern baptists over to our shores to discriminate against their future gay neighbors. This is wrong. Hillary Clinton wants to sell gays down the river. Trump is worse though.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:

It has nothing to do with being Democrats.

Overwhelming Majority of Those Muslim countries know nothing about democracy. Hence the problem.

the separation of church and state is hardly the first unwritten concept that is protected by the constitution. In the 1973 case of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court established a women’s constitutional right to have an abortion despite the word abortion never appearing in the constitution. In the 2015 case of Obergefell v. Hodges the Supreme Court established that laws against same sex marriage were unconstitutional despite the word marriage never appearing in the constitution. In the 1963 case of Gideon v. Wainwright the Supreme Court established that the constitution guarantees the right to an attorney despite the words public defender never appearing in the constitution. In the 2010 case of McDonald v. Chicago the Supreme Court established that the second amendment right to bear arms included the right to bear arms for self-defense despite the words self-defense never appearing in the constitution.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jordan was under the Ottoman Empire, where homosexuality was decriminalized 75 years earlier, but between 1922 and 1945 the country was a subject mandated by the League of Nations. However, in 1951 the new nation made homosexuality legal.

Indonesia is another example.

The above two countries, like the entire world, have varies challenges for LGBT people. However, because the law is on their side, living in these countries create an atmosphere where one can imagine a fight, a possibility of freedom, and the dream that one day being gay is not any different from being straight.

It is not Donkeys vs Elephant issues, It is the Separation of church and state issue. Sadly, There are ONLY 5 Muslim Nations Where Gay is Legal

No government should have laws to tell people what to do in their bedrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies