Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 11:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SXh6jo3Bjc

Know your rights people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 12:15 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
This guy goes around doing this. I recognize him from other videos.

On one hand I support him. On the other hand he'd be smarter to rig his car with a couple of hidden Go-Pro's. Because he's gonna get shot for mouthing off by a trigger happy cop and they are going to erase his cell phone and say he drew on them.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:03 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Get your affairs in order people!

Quote:
...Gaines was killed in her Maryland home by Baltimore County police, who had issued a warrant for her arrest over charges stemming from a traffic violation and her failure to appear in court. The young mother was armed with a shotgun that she apparently pointed at police, although they fired first. She responded with a round of shots and then police fired back, killing her and injuring her 5-year-old son.

Videos of Gaines that document her earlier traffic stop reveal a young woman who was angry as she told police, “You will have to murder me, so go ahead and do that.” What’s most important about this story is that, as a black woman, Gaines was expected to put up quietly with what had happened to her, and she likely had dealt with years of the kind of racism that most black people face from society and police. It was her very defiance, in all its belligerent glory, that she was punished for, paying with her life.

Despite the fact that she was armed, it is hard to understand why police had to kill Gaines. ...
Sonali Kolhatkar: Why Are Police So Afraid of Bold, Black Women Like Korryn Gaines? - Truthdig

Bold & black is one thing, SovCits are another. 'Don't let your babies grow up to be SovCits'. Better yet, don't be one yourself, get mental health assistance. 'Suicide by Cop' is no way to go. Traffic stop video here:

Watch: Full Chilling Video of Korryn Gaines at Traffic Stop and in Fatal Standoff With Police | National News | BET

Old 08-28-2016, 09:59 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,717,676 times
I'm on the fence about DUI checkpoints. On one hand, I hate drunk drivers and realize that they are a threat to everyone on the road. On the other hand, setting up checkpoints to check everyone passing by seems really sleazy. Especially considering when you turn around, they come after you.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I'm on the fence about DUI checkpoints. On one hand, I hate drunk drivers and realize that they are a threat to everyone on the road. On the other hand, setting up checkpoints to check everyone passing by seems really sleazy. Especially considering when you turn around, they come after you.
Last time they had one of these in Vegas, they pulled over hundreds of people and made less than five arrests. Some of which were for outstanding traffic tickets.

Meanwhile, I'm sure a couple people were robbed, or raped or shot. Tickets and drug busts generate money for departments.

Politics. And the lovely war on drugs. How about a war on killers, burglary, child molesters, rapists, and armed robbers?

Old 08-28-2016, 10:20 AM

The supreme court ruled in a split decision that these dui checkpoints are constitutional. But as I read the 4th, 5th & 6th amendments, there is clearly no way they can be. I don't care what people in robes thing should be, but clearly doesn't give anyone the authority to detain anyone without probable cause.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:02 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Last time they had one of these in Vegas, they pulled over hundreds of people and made less than five arrests. Some of which were for outstanding traffic tickets.

Meanwhile, I'm sure a couple people were robbed, or raped or shot. Tickets and drug busts generate money for departments.

Politics. And the lovely war on drugs. How about a war on killers, burglary, child molesters, rapists, and armed robbers?

Citation costs

A police officer in anywhere USA today costs somewhere around 150k plus minus per year...salary benefits etc...car, equipment, training etc.. per shift

A citation can generate between 50 to 300 dollars depending upon severity...so to make that salary a policeman would be needing to write them continuously.A parking control officer / meter maid could generate substantial income because of the amount of citations they can potentially write ... Electronically for example per shift....they csn generate income ..which is why cities use them extensively.. secondarily to reduce congestion I imagine..although they don't really address that... Congestion is a planning issue

Now..onto an arrest... A drug arrest for example.. a huge loss of money for the agency.
Just to make the arrest .. book the suspect...book the evidence costs the agency about 2500 dollars. Investigation, multiple court appearances ,expert whitnesses, lab costs means a case can cost an agency 1000s...

If a crook is found guilty of their crime the court can impose court costs..which usually are never paid... But police costs are not factored... They go into taxes... Which become exorbitant over time..we all pay for crooks

Occasionally a asset forfeiture occurs of a drug dealer ... It is split with the feds who take the lions share... And the auction is pennies on the dollar...except cash seizures...

Crime is a losing proposition for those that protect you

Now you know

By the way..drugs cause untold death and destruction and are the reasons for many robberies, shootings,burglaries, and murders...and those who traffic in them are happy to be equal opportunity rapists as well

For those of you that use drugs you have blood in your hands somewhere in the pipeline for that drug.T hose of use that use marijuana are responsible for the heroin epidemic and the real battle being waged by cartels upon America

I personally think dui checkpoints are a waste...they are funded by federal dollars not agency dollars..usually through a nhsta grant. A roving radiocar is a better use of resources

Last edited by notmeofficer; 08-28-2016 at 05:17 PM..

Old 08-28-2016, 07:23 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Never talk to Government-Agents.........they want nothing more than to wreck your life or kill you.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

For those of you that use drugs you have blood in your hands somewhere in the pipeline for that drug.T hose of use that use marijuana are responsible for the heroin epidemic and the real battle being waged by cartels upon America

Dang, growing my own pot, I did get a splinter, building the bed retainers.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:38 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

Need a larger sample size. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies