Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 02:55 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been saying this day and night. Republicans and Democrats of the 19th century are not the same as the Democrats and Republicans of today. And this keeps falling on deaf ears.
That is because it is a simplistic falacy, and educated people can see right through it.

Simple question, were blacks in general more assimilated into American culture/society in the 60's-70's or today?
The same question relates to their children born out of wedlock and the cohesiveness of the family dynamic.

Liberal and especially Democratic governance has treated blacks as if they are inferior and need to be looked after from cradle to grave. This breeds not only dependency on government, but also resentment and perpetuates the grievance mentality that most if not all the problems of blacks stem from whites.
Conservatives believe that blacks and others are capable of succeeding or failing just like the everyone else, and should be treated equally. People forget that until the 1960's, most blacks that voted were Republican. It took LBJ to figure out how to re-enslave blacks by making them dependent on government, in exchange of a bumper crop of votes, instead of cotton.

Enlightened blacks have come to the conclusion that their communities have been harmed by Democratic governance and empty promises. Yet the Democrats with the complicit media are experienced puppet masters, and continue to dupe the average black person into voting for them, despite life getting worse for many of their communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 02:58 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Democrats have been projecting, denying and blaming for years.

What's disgusting about the whole thing is that it's worked for so long.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:34 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Correct. I've pointed that out before.
This is just my perspective. I believe there is more concern about getting a Republican in office. Wherever Blacks live, they do worse than most other groups. Granted, Blacks today are in better shape than in the 1960s. Many things have improved. My point is this. It really doesn't matter which political party is in charge. If the Democrats have not been that good lately, neither have the Republicans. And I come to this. Quoting Black power activists, in my judgement, has not been about "I want Black people to do better than this". To me, it's about getting Blacks to vote Republican with the purpose to put more Republicans in power. It is about power.

I say this. If Republican politicians want more Black Americans to vote for them, some changes have to be done. Quoting Malcolm X and Quanell X won't work. Claiming that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was a Republican won't work. Something to consider. Newtt Gingrich could have gotten more Blacks to vote for him. He blew it when he made his "Blacks should seek jobs, not food stamps" comment.

Rick Santorum and his comment "I don't want to make Black people's lives better by giving them someone else's money". This is what I get from it. He views Blacks as a pest. By "someone else's money", I think he means taxes from non-Blacks. Blacks are paying taxes too.

Making ignorant comments will just alienate people. Acting under the assumption of "Black people just want free stuff" is a stupid way to do things. It is ignorant. And it's a slap in the face to Black people who do work for a living, who do pay their taxes.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Democrats have been projecting, denying and blaming for years.

What's disgusting about the whole thing is that it's worked for so long.
And Republicans have their own shenanigans. Mitt Romney and his elitest "forget 47 percent of the population. Newt Gingrich made some very ignorant comments on his own campaign trail. He basically assumed that Blacks were only looking for free stuff. Rick Santorum made comments along those same lines. If your goal is to get Blacks to vote Republican, forget it. It isn't working. I can pull up some stupid things President Trump has said.

Link to Trump's comment: Donald Trump slams 'African American President' on Baltimore riots

Quote:
"Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"
Answer this. Was Trump's comment even necessary? Think about it. He is blaming Obama for these riots. He is singling out Obama based on his race. He is basically saying "the Black President is suppose to get Black people in line". Stupid comments. Now answer this. Do you expect Black individuals to vote for someone who could get that racial, especially when it's directed at their own group? And don't bring up "identity politics" because Trump was the one who got racial.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
That is because it is a simplistic falacy, and educated people can see right through it.

Simple question, were blacks in general more assimilated into American culture/society in the 60's-70's or today?
The same question relates to their children born out of wedlock and the cohesiveness of the family dynamic.

Liberal and especially Democratic governance has treated blacks as if they are inferior and need to be looked after from cradle to grave. This breeds not only dependency on government, but also resentment and perpetuates the grievance mentality that most if not all the problems of blacks stem from whites.
Conservatives believe that blacks and others are capable of succeeding or failing just like the everyone else, and should be treated equally. People forget that until the 1960's, most blacks that voted were Republican. It took LBJ to figure out how to re-enslave blacks by making them dependent on government, in exchange of a bumper crop of votes, instead of cotton.

Enlightened blacks have come to the conclusion that their communities have been harmed by Democratic governance and empty promises. Yet the Democrats with the complicit media are experienced puppet masters, and continue to dupe the average black person into voting for them, despite life getting worse for many of their communities.
I'm educated and I find your comment to be a fallacy.

To be honest, Black Americans are more assimiiated into American society than in the 1960s. Truth be told, Black Americans have been leading the nation in out of wedlock births since the early 20th century. Fatherless homes in the Black population were a big issue going back to the 1950s. I've read the Moynihan Report. Blacks suffered from fatherless homes at a higher rate than anyone else. While White divorce rates dropped in the 1950s, they went up for Black Americans during the 1950s. Black Americans were not that well assimilated to the American mainstream during the 1960s. This is why the Civil Rights movement came about. Black Americans are more in the mainstream today than they ever were in the 1960s. Black Americans today are more integrated than they ever were back in the 1960s. Last I checked, the Black middle class has expanded since the 1960s. More and more Blacks have received university diplomas and

Out of wedlock births, divorces, these statistics skyrocketed for people of all races/ethnicities during the 1970s. Blame the radical version of feminism and no-fault divorce on this.

If conservatives believed that Blacks are capable, you wouldn't have conservatives making comments about Blacks as being "lazy" and "wanting nothing but free stuff". Newt Gingrich would not have said the things he said. Neither would Rick Santorum. We wouldn't have Trent Lott making comments praising a Dixiecrat.

The very fact that you think LBJ "re-enslaved" Blacks tells me that you likely think Blacks needs a certain kind of handling. I read between the lines. Last time I checked, It was Johnson who was putting the Civil Rights Act forward. Had Barry Goldwater been for it, maybe more Blacks would have voted for him. And don't give me that "Republicans supported the CRA" comments. The truth is, northerners of both parties supported the Civil Rights Act far more than southerners did.

Break is down by region and party. Senators that supported the Civil Rights Act.
House:
Southern Democrats: 8–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

Senate:
Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

Notice in the South, the lack of Republicans who supported it. Of course there were a high amount of Republicans supporting the bill. They were all northerners. There were simply more Republicans in the House.

As for welfare, it is a choice to use it. You don't have to use it. Personally, I have never heard a Democrat say "Blacks are incapable". I have heard comments from Republicans basically comparing Blacks to pests.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
..... I have heard comments from Republicans basically comparing Blacks to pests.
How do you know they are Republicans. i.e. When they make such a slur, do you ask them how they are registered to vote?

Old 02-04-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How do you know they are Republicans. i.e. When they make such a slur, do you ask them how they are registered to vote?
What party does Newt Gingrich belong to? Rick Santorum? Jeb Bush? Wait a minute, I mentioned alot of those comments in the post that you replied to, but ignored most of.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
What party does Newt Gingrich belong to? Rick Santorum? Jeb Bush? Wait a minute, I mentioned alot of those comments in the post that you replied to, but ignored most of.
None of these guys have said that Black people = pests as you accuse. But feel free to post the quote.

But we do know that Bill & Hillary Clinton belonged to a White's only country club in Arkansas for years. I'm guessing that you might have heard such things said there. They are Democrats BTW. In fact, until Nov 8th, Hillary was head of the Democrats.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
None of these guys have said that Black people = pests as you accuse. But feel free to post the quote.

But we do know that Bill & Hillary Clinton belonged to a White's only country club in Arkansas. I'm guessing that you might have heard such things said there. They are Democrats BTW.
How do we know many Republicans don't belong to "Whites Only" country clubs?

Oh, by the way, these comments. Jeb Bush and his assumption regarding Blacks, and "free stuff". Rick Santorum and "I don't want Blacks to do well with someone else's money". Newt Gingrich and his "Blacks should see jobs not food stamps". Basically, these politicians assume that the only thing Blacks want is "free stuff". Basically, they are talking down to Blacks with those ignorant comments. Most Black voters have jobs.

Listen to me: Bringing up bad stuff about Democrats is not going to get me to vote Republican. That is not for you to do. I make my own choices. Such comments are just a last gasp to get Blacks to vote Republican. It will not work.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
How do we know many Republicans don't belong to "Whites Only" country clubs?
Bill & Hillary would know. Why don't you ask them?

You simply demonstrate a partisan double standard. It's OK for Bill & Hillary to belong to a racist country club. i.e. You make poor attempt to defend them by Republican comparison distraction. Yet with the Republicans you have to make up nonsense to promote the false meme that you attempt to promote. Well no matter....

Doesn't matter to me if you decide that you are happy on that Democrat Plantation and vote accordingly. But as the OP says, it's all a falsehood. The facts, such as the racist country club, speaks for itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies