Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2016, 07:35 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody is destroying him. Obviously the Niners care less about this than those who pretend to be upset
As of now. If their attendance drops more than it's anticipated to drop (there will be some drop off regardless, because their team sucks), watch how quickly the Niners take action. They are still a business and they're not going to let revenue drop because of one player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 08:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
As of now. If their attendance drops more than it's anticipated to drop (there will be some drop off regardless, because their team sucks), watch how quickly the Niners take action. They are still a business and they're not going to let revenue drop because of one player.
But why would their attendance drop because of the non football actions of a second string Quarterback? Their attendance will drop if they are bad or boring to watch based on the price of the ticket. A quality product for a fair price. Nothing to do with Kap, unless he becomes the starter and does a bad job on the field.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:04 PM

ROTFLMAO!! This gets funnier by the minute!

Kaepernick will speak about his concerns Sunday at S.F. church - SFGate

Can I get an Amen! This ain't no damn revival Delma! (Name the movie)

And his new sponsor...Dr. Amos Brown of the NAACP. Oh yeah! Yep, his head's really into football right now. Brilliant move Niners. I'm heading to Vegas and betting the under on total wins. I need a new addition to my house.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why would their attendance drop because of the non football actions of a second string Quarterback? Their attendance will drop if they are bad or boring to watch based on the price of the ticket. A quality product for a fair price. That's how the NFL works.
Wrong! Not only will some fans stop going but him being a distraction to the team may cost them a win or two, further exasperating the situation.

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 09-03-2016 at 08:20 PM..

Old 09-03-2016, 08:18 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
had you even bothered to actually try to read anything i posted in this thread, rather than just pick something and try to pick it apart, AND FAIL, you would have seen that i support his right to protest in any manner in which he chooses.

so let me recap for you, and perhaps you might want to try some reading comprehension here.

1: kapernick can protest in what ever manner he chooses, that is his right

2: with rights however come responsibilities

3: the manner in which kapernick chose to protest is NOT putting any light on the reason he is protesting, itis just being divisive and putting a bad light upon himself

4: a better way to get his message out would have been to go on what ever talk show would have him, and tell the world through the media, like for instance go o the oprah, or whomever is the big tv talk show host these days. had he done that, a much greater light would have been cast on the subject, and a lot more people, myself included, would have much greater respect for him than they do now.

study this, read with an open mind, and perhaps you will understand what i am talking about. or perhaps you will maintain a closed mind and have another stupid response.

and by the way, i dont see what my supporting the second amendment, especially since i support ALL the amendments to the constitution, as well as the constitution itself(too bad you dont) has anything to do with this discussion.

texan has a point. if i were a cop in san francisco, and i was asked to provide security for a 49er game, and kapernick made the same comments, i think i too would refuse to do it knowing that people apparently didnt want me there, even though the comments were general in nature.

i would tell the 49er organization to hire private security instead. remember everyone has the right to protest in what ever manner they choose. kapernick isnt the only one that can exercise his first amendment rights.
I have read all your posts. But the fact is the first amendment gives us the right of free speech....freedom of expression. And oh no you don't get to say what a better way would be. You are not superior or special. So let people have the free speech the constitution says we have. Or do your think we should get rid of that amendment

Old 09-03-2016, 08:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Wrong! Not only will some fans stop going but him being a distraction to the team may cost them a win or two, further exasperating the situation.
Wrong! Those who give up their seats will be replaced. And a second string QB being a distraction because he sat during the National Anthem???? What color do you think a lot of the 49ers players are?
More proof you don't know squat about the NFL or how their players would get distracted. They're men, they don't get distracted over stuff like this. Those who live for drama do, the Media puppets.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
If attendance drops it will be because they suck, not Kaepernick. If Kaepernick gets to start and plays well, all the fans will love him again.

Win and the fans care less about anything else

Old 09-03-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Wrong! Those who give up their seats will be replaced. And a second string QB being a distraction because he sat during the National Anthem???? What color do you think a lot of the 49ers players are?
More proof you don't know squat about the NFL or how their players would get distracted. They're men, they don't get distracted over stuff like this. Those who live for drama do, Media puppets.
Hilarious! You must think we're living in the 80's, lol. People aren't exactly tearing the doors down to get 49ers tickets right now. Unlike yesteryear, season tickets are readily available now (back then you were on a waiting list for years). They still have a little carryover from a few years ago, but that will dry up as the team continues to falter (as John Madden used to say.."winning is a good deodorant"). And the 49ers aren't winning, and are quite a few years away from even making the playoffs at this point. You clearly aren't very knowledgeable about this team. And yeah, they're human (this isn't a video game). They will tire of having more media than is customary around their locker room and having to answer one non-sports question after another. It will be a distraction.

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 09-03-2016 at 08:38 PM..

Old 09-03-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If attendance drops it will be because they suck, not Kaepernick. If Kaepernick gets to start and plays well, all the fans will love him again.

Win and the fans care less about anything else
And as stated, how bad the 49ers suck may very well have something to do with him (especially if he gets into the game due to an injury to Gabbert and he's not prepared because he's more focused on his political stance). Perhaps they get eliminated from the playoffs a game or two sooner. I don't think his teammates are going to be too excited if he's not focused also, and will undoubtedly become vocal at some point. You do understand who we're talking about here, don't you? This is a guy who has quite a bit of problems reading defenses, who tends to look at only one receiver and then runs because he's terrible at going through progressions. In other words, it's a guy that should be spending every waking hour studying a playbook and defensive tendencies (especially with as complicated an offense as Kelly runs). Admittedly, I suspect at some point it will boil over and the press will stop giving him the attention he is craving. And then, of course, if he gets cut or traded, it will be because of his stance instead of his poor play (at least in his mind)

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 09-03-2016 at 09:09 PM..

Old 09-03-2016, 08:46 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Wow, I'm astounded that this thing is 100 pages long!! People actually care this much about a guy converting to a different religion. There are a ton of Muslims in the NFL and other sports, so where's the scandal here? Is it just because Kaepernick went from awesome to awful so quickly? Are people saying that happened because he's Muslim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies