Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2016, 08:56 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Wow, I'm astounded that this thing is 100 pages long!! People actually care this much about a guy converting to a different religion. There are a ton of Muslims in the NFL and other sports, so where's the scandal here? Is it just because Kaepernick went from awesome to awful so quickly? Are people saying that happened because he's Muslim?
Who said there was a scandal? No scandal here as far as I can see and I don't think anyone has claimed as much. Many of us are just calling this guy out for the fake that he is. Bottom line is if he was so concerned about race relations, he could have came out with it 4-5 years ago (it's not like it hasn't been in the forefront of the news for that long). We've had Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown to name just a couple of incidents. If he had come out at that point, people might have said he had a little more credibility being that he was still under a rookie contract and had some sizable endorsements. But of course he didn't, he made sure he got paid before he had his Epiphany. And as stated, it's an embarrassment for anyone to utter his name alongside Jackie Robinson or Muhammad Ali, both of which had so much more to lose in their situations. Those were the men of conviction and courage. Kaepernick is essentially at the end of his career, with little skin in the game, so why not take his little stance now with so little on the line. It's a great distraction from his regression as a player, and he can use it as an excuse if he gets cuts or traded (so his precious ego can be spared).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 09:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
And as stated, how bad the 49ers suck may very well have something to do with him (especially if he gets into the game due to an injury to Gabbert and he's not prepared because he's more focused on his political stance).
This is just silly. He doesn't make the team if he isn't prepared. He's prepared.

Quote:
Perhaps they get eliminated from the playoffs a game or two sooner. I don't think his teammates are going to be too excited if he's not focused also, and will undoubtedly become vocal at some point. Admittedly, I suspect at some point it will boil over and the press will stop giving him the attention he is craving. And then, of course, if he gets cut or traded, it will be because of his stance instead of his poor play (at least in his mind)
He's with the team for the entire year now unless he gets hurt.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:09 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Who said there was a scandal? No scandal here as far as I can see and I don't think anyone has claimed as much. Many of us are just calling this guy out for the fake that he is. Bottom line is if he was so concerned about race relations, he could have came out with it 4-5 years ago (it's not like it hasn't been in the forefront of the news for that long). We've had Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown to name just a couple of incidents. If he had come out at that point, people might have said he had a little more credibility being that he was still under a rookie contract and had some sizable endorsements. But of course he didn't, he made sure he got paid before he had his Epiphany. And as stated, it's an embarrassment for anyone to utter his name alongside Jackie Robinson or Muhammad Ali, both of which had so much more to lose in their situations. Those were the men of conviction and courage. Kaepernick is essentially at the end of his career, with little skin in the game, so why not take his little stance now with so little on the line. It's a great distraction from his regression as a player, and he can use it as an excuse if he gets cuts or traded (so his precious ego can be spared).
Sorry, freedom of speech is our right. Doesn't matter if you agree. It's our right. Why don't some of you understand this. You certainly understand the 2nd amendment

Old 09-03-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

He's with the team for the entire year now unless he gets hurt.
Oh, I wasn't aware of this new rule. A QB can't get cut or traded during the year? Do you even watch football?

Old 09-03-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Wow, I'm astounded that this thing is 100 pages long!! People actually care this much about a guy converting to a different religion.
Someone needs to inform him that he did that.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't aware of this new rule. A QB can't get cut or traded during the year? Do you even watch football?
Lol. He's the #2 QB. They don't grow them on trees. Unless he gets hurt he's going to be there all year.

Heck the Vikings had to give up a 1st round draft pick to get an QB not as good as Kaepernick.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry, freedom of speech is our right. Doesn't matter if you agree. It's our right. Why don't some of you understand this. You certainly understand the 2nd amendment
I understand it just fine. Do you comprehend English? Please tell me where I said he doesn't have a right to his freedom of speech? Let me help you. You won't find it. He can say whatever he wants. I couldn't care less. But when some journalist or forum poster holds this guy out to be some role model or hero, I'll use my freedom of speech and call them out on it (and I've listed my reasons why he shouldn't be compared to true heroes like Robinson and Ali).

Old 09-03-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lol. He's the #2 QB. They don't grow them on trees. Unless he gets hurt he's going to be there all year.

Heck the Vikings had to give up a 1st round draft pick to get an QB not as good as Kaepernick.
Nice dodge. Let me help you. There is no such rule. And QBs do regress down to 3rd string periodically and do get traded or waived during the year. It's not very frequently but as stated in my other post, Kelly's offense is not exactly the easiest to pickup and Kaepernick has shown over the last couple of years that he doesn't exactly have the acumen to pick up things quickly.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Hilarious! You must think we're living in the 80's, lol. People aren't exactly tearing the doors down to get 49ers tickets right now. Unlike yesteryear, season tickets are readily available now (back then you were on a waiting list for years). They still have a little carryover from a few years ago, but that will dry up as the team continues to falter (as John Madden used to say.."winning is a good deodorant"). And the 49ers aren't winning, and are quite a few years away from even making the playoffs at this point. You clearly aren't very knowledgeable about this team. And yeah, they're human (this isn't a video game). They will tire of having more media than is customary around their locker room and having to answer one non-sports question after another. It will be a distraction.
bolded for emphasis
Sigh........
The 49ers Stadium capacity is 68,500. In 2015 they averaged 70,799 meaning they sold 103.4 percent of capicity last year.
Dunno where they put the extra seats, Maybe the doors which you said weren't being torn down, were actually taken down and used for seats

Old 09-03-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
bolded for sheer lunacy
Sigh........
The 49ers Stadium capacity is 68,500. In 2015 they averaged 70,799 meaning they sold 103.4 percent of capicity last year. Dunno where they put the extra seats
Yawn, try reading what I wrote. Two sentences beyond your selective bolded comment. And this was before the Kaepernick fiasco.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/n...ng-7251897.php

"Browsing the “marketplace” for SBLs, which can be accessed on the Levi’s Stadium site, is discouraging for potential sellers. On Friday there were 1,825 licenses for sale, representing 4,601 seats. Not only is that an increase of nearly 800 from last spring, but also a quick scan of the seven-page list finds dozens of licenses priced below market rate."

It's more that apparent these numbers will continue to go up. Just stop already.

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 09-03-2016 at 09:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies