Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 03:47 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Practicing "searching for context" is something I’ve found to be very exciting. When you approach a conversation without any need to have the intent of replying, without any need to have a "smart" response, it changes the entire flow of the discussion.

Just a thought. Please take it easy.
I agree with that, but I did have an intent of replying, as the response need not try to be slick or smarty, but to contrast as well as deal with context.

Especially, when he said, "give back everything this guy has, because it came from white privileged". Fact is, this guys wealth came from playing football; not from white privilege. And bringing up the guys father? for what? this guys had nothing to do with the choices of his father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 03:49 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
I hope someone beats that spoiled punk really what a spoiled douche.

I am sure he is a real Muslim after 2 months, I guess the Muzzie booty is that good to convert LOL not!

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
Isn't it true that there have been plenty of calls for boycotts, demands CEOs step down from their jobs (called livelihood) because of things they said or did?

Aren't those who demanded people get fired or business operations be disrupted the same ones saying Kaepernick is somehow being denied his rights?

Can anyone show an instance where Kaepernick has been denied any of his rights in reference to this issue?

Just one instance of him being denied any rights will do.

Anyone?

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I agree with that, but I did have an intent of replying.

When he said, "give back everything this guy has, because it came from white privileged". Fact is, this guys wealth came from playing football; not from white privilege.
You did not read his other posts. You are too soon to jump to conclusion. That poster's point is not white privilege. His point is certainly not "give back everything this guy has" That is why it is productive to read the entire thread. (If you have time of course)

Old 08-29-2016, 03:51 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Does he scream allah Akbar when a TD is scored?
No, but he was once fined $11k for calling a player on another team the N word, so maybe he should be sitting down to punish himself for the same behavior he claims to be protesting.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:59 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I don't follow the Forty Niners but I had heard much of Kapernick's shenanigans stems from his level of play really sucking. He's got to be frustrated and his enormous ego is probably trying to deal with his failure so he's lashing out as an excuse.
The best thing fans can do to help him is to cat call him and insult him and throw trash at him wherever he goes and at games.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:59 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanaticist View Post
For most African Americans, leaving their house is a bigger threat to their life than any terrorist threats thousands of miles away.
Quite true, because of other African Americans.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:07 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
a wounded veteran holding himself upright in his wheelchair for the anthem despite having no legs

Obviously, national anthem means different things to different people.

http://1csabj4ddrd61fgqez2e4nss.wpen...876d67de34.jpg

Old 08-29-2016, 04:08 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanaticist View Post
Yeah sure, lets pretend there isn't racism and white supremacist, rural American subculture either.

Two can play that game.

Forget liberalism. You're the one using that word. I am talking 100% about neoliberalism. It has nothing to do with liberalism at all.

Neoliberalist policy has perpetuated social inequality. It has zero do with liberalism by definition.

Read up on Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher. Neoliberalism has been the calling card of the right for decades. Thats where your welfare state comes from.

The liberal left has had no answer to counter Reaganomics since the early 80's.
You certainly are wordy and engaged for someone that joined in August and has 106 posts. I would surmise that you've been tossed out on your ear under another name and are now posting under some faux nom de plume. Evidence of your character deficit as is your careful distortion of numerical information.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:09 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I agree with that, but I did have an intent of replying, as the response need not try to be slick or smarty, but to contrast as well as deal with context.

Especially, when he said, "give back everything this guy has, because it came from white privileged". Fact is, this guys wealth came from playing football; not from white privilege. And bringing up the guys father? for what? this guys had nothing to do with the choices of his father.
So Kaepernick didn't have help from his adopted parent? He did it all by himself?

His Father? Being abandoned by his Black Father but given his best chance in life by White folks could have led to anger and frustration now being evidenced by his bahavior.

If there is such a thing as White Priviledge, Kaepernick did not benefit from it as he grew up, having the protection and consideration of being in the adoptive white family? Did he not benefit from their financial means or do you think were he not adopted that he'd have ever made it to the NFL let alone finish High School or College?

Where it not for that so-called white priviledge that allowed those people to adopt him and take care of him as their own, do you see a bright future for him?

Kaeprnick has what he has because of others, he didn't do it all alone.

The only thing he did alone was show a lack of respect for his country by presenting a statement that the entire country was to blame for whatever problems he sees.

Kaepernick did the worst, he took a problem and then blamed everyone for it. Instead, he had so many options available to him that are not available to others.

Kapernick could call a press conference and get national attention for a cause he thinks needs attention. Could you do that? Could anyone here? Could most people in a million?

Instead, what that selfish little minded man did was take all the attention for himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies