Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2016, 07:23 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You're expecting a serious answer from a guy that says he would rather leave this country than try to think of a solution. Not everyone has the brains or heart to fight for something.
Once again: people leave their countries every day for some place that they think will be better. If it's unthinkable for an American to move to somewhere else then maybe one should rise in respect for the American flag?

And what are you fighting for, tough guy? This probably describes you to a T:

Social Justice Warriors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wwell since this thread seems to be about colin kapernick and his protesting police violence killing black people i would surmise that i am talking about that, apparently you have different ideas though, that or you have no clue about what is going on. do you suffer from alzheimers?
Yes, and what are you doing about this? And how is this evidence of the entire country "oppressing" black people? And how do you know that the police were wrong in every one of these shootings? And does this really happen enough to be a considered some pervasive nationwide trend? And what do you and Colin Kaepernick plan to do about this, exactly? And, and, and, and.......

Old 08-31-2016, 07:30 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
What have I written that's nutty? Be specific. That rant that you wrote here was pretty damn crazy.
Oh, and you should look up the word "inept." I don't think it means what you think it means.
Yeah you pretty much have no intention on being reasonable. If you read that my post was "crazy" then I cant help you. I hope you get help.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Yeah you pretty much have no intention on being reasonable. If you read that my post was "crazy" then I cant help you. I hope you get help.
Haha, okay. Tell you what: at the next backyard barbecue or what have you that you go to (full of normal people I mean, not full of hard left-wing types) go up to people and lay that rant on them and see what reaction you get. I'm sure that most people will smile politely and slowly back away. And you won't be invited back.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:44 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
Quote:
Haha, okay. Tell you what: at the next backyard barbecue or what have you that you go to (full of normal people I mean, not full of hard left-wing types) go up to people and lay that rant on them and see what reaction you get. I'm sure that most people will smile politely and slowly back away. And you won't be invited back.
Oh sure, I go to all the strictly right wing BBq's trying to convince white people to go to their town halls and help vote against police brutality. You need help dude.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:49 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,945,411 times
Everyone knows right wings have cook outs and left wings have outdoor dining.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Yes, and what are you doing about this? And how is this evidence of the entire country "oppressing" black people? And how do you know that the police were wrong in every one of these shootings? And does this really happen enough to be a considered some pervasive nationwide trend? And what do you and Colin Kaepernick plan to do about this, exactly? And, and, and, and.......
first, why should i do anything about it? all i did was comment on what kapernick is doing. second i ama not the one claiming that black people are being oppressed in this country, once again that is kapernick. third i usually wait for the FACTS, and then back the side i feel is in the right. so take your crap to someone else. but you will probably still think that somehow i am involved with this because you lack any reading comprehension, or critical thinking skills.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:42 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,193,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Don't you see though, that when someone remains seated during the National Anthem and let's be very clear; how many people hearing the sung version at a game associate it with anything but respect for country in its entirety and not any acceptance for the few who operate outside the law or any percieved, real or imagined means other than that, see what Kaeper did as anything but disrespect to the country?

If someone says "the police had my car towed", would any reasonable person take that to mean all police? No, there is a context directly associated with that statement.

If someone says in front of millions or even thousands, "Police tow cars because they belong to blacks", what then would any reasonable person think was meant?

Kaepernick disregarded one of the most important aspects of having rights, failing to consider if using those rights in a particular manner is the right thing to do.

Kaeper didn't just disrespect the entire country, meaning to or not, he disrespected the very right that is free speech and protest.

How could he not know? It was a venue where people paid to watch the game, him and other players. He abused that privilege by accepting their money and then protesting in a manner and without consideration of any consequences because he is wealthy and if he lost his job, it wouldn't make one difference to his lifestyle.

You deemed it necessary to explain that of course you didn't mean all the SFPD. Everyone was supposed to read your mind? Regardless, an explanation by Kaeper after the fact does little to change what he did and the way he did it.

This wasn't stupidity on his part although in part it was stupid. This was a disregard for respect, the very respect he wants to protest about. He doesn't know that to get it you must also give it? So far he has taken plenty and given zip.

If Kaeper was a self described republican and when some announcement was made regarding some LBGT issue in his presence and he turned his back, would not liberal progressives jump all over him for that? Would they then not organize boycotts, scour every item of video to see if he ever had any anti LGBT issues before? You're damn right they would. Would an explanation afterward that a few gay men pizzed on his SUV once be sufficient an explanation for liberals and the LGBT community?

Please, everyone knows the answer as do you.
I already clarified a couple times about the SFPD remarks. Most knew what was meant.

Your argument is that by exercising his right to free speech, CK disrespected it. In a totalitarian nation, he might have been punished for it. One person's disrespect is another person's freedom of choice. I am comfortable with him expressing his views and you are not. Truth hurts. I believe that is his right as an American.

He has given a full explanation of his actions to the media and did so with class and courtesy. Even said to the military people that he intended no criticism of them. That is not zip. You just choose not to recognize or appreciate it. If you want to propose a law requiring participation in it, then have the courage to do so. Most would disagree.

Really think you and others are making a mountain out of a mole hill now. Have you ever seen the 1968 Olympic Games clip of John Carlos and Tommie Smith with their fists in the air? If CK upset you, I can't imagine how you reacted to that. Most regard it as courageous today. CK's dissent was minor by comparison.

There are many viewpoints in this world. We have heard a candidate for President diss John McCain's military service, diss Gold Star parents, diss a Mexican American judge, diss a disabled reporter, not disclose his tax returns. Now that is real disrespect. Do those on the right criticize him? A small percentage. I commend George Will and Susan Collins in particular though, to be fair. He left the GOP and she won't be voting for Trump. Paul Ryan expressed a little concern, too. For most, you can hear crickets. Did Trump calculate whether exercising those rights was the right thing to do. No. He could care less.

That is not a hypothetical like your "LGBT" incident. It really happened.

Was Trump showing disrespect when he said these things? Doubt you will answer. Btw, the answer is "Yes".

Many people on the far right tell us to forget all that or get over it. Be outraged over CK sitting at the National Anthem instead. Lol.

Most of us are not fooled. It is almost comical at this point to have people angrily fuming about CK when Trump has gone off the rails so many times. I refuse to be hypocritical. I suspect many people are cool with Trump being as reckless as he pleases, while CK, the black athlete, needs to shut up, only play the game and quit being so "uppity".

What Trump has said is far worse. We should be far more disappointed in him than anything CK did. No comparison. Trump is far more disrespectful to Americans than CK.

LOL at the fake outrage.

Last edited by chessgeek; 08-31-2016 at 11:31 PM..

Old 08-31-2016, 10:50 PM

711 posts, read 932,877 times
Kaepernick become controversial after his football abilities were challenged. Perhaps he feels he is the best QB on the team. Playing the race card post demotion will get him nothing. IMHO he didn't act, play, or look like a class act.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:30 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
n

Black Americans in this country are the only minority that dont have heritage or an identity because of slavery. Alot of them dont know where they come from. They are decendants of genocide and people dont like to talk about it. They want black Americans to get over it and shut up. Thats not going to happen. Tommie Smith received the same back lash in the 1968 games when he threw his bald fist in the air. So im not surprised he is receiving the same back lash from Some white Americans. We only sing tbe first verse, lets analyze the 2nd and 3rd verse and see what we find thats so patriotic
They don't know where they come from cause they don't know who their da*n fathers are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies