Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 09:47 AM

39,213 posts, read 27,582,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
If he gets released, I think the Eagles will pick him up. I could just see it happening.
well, Even though Colin Kaepernick's $11.9 million salary is fully guaranteed, the 49ers could save salary cap space by releasing him if Kaepernick signed with another team.

He is covered financially, regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Shrug, not my problem if you don't understand something simple.
Take your own advice.

25,839 posts, read 16,517,815 times
We are getting more and more and more guys like Kaeperdick who we know we will never be able to count on if we need them to defend this country. The patriots are getting older and the young patriots are becoming too few. This country is in big trouble.

14,497 posts, read 9,428,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Like so many mixed race individuals (Obama comes to mind), Kaepernick developed a deep dislike for whites and has identified more with his African American half. Maybe it was due to the subtle or overt discrimination that he experienced while growing up in a white household and a white suburb. These individuals are caught in 2 worlds that they really don't feel a part of and they blame the USA for their predicament. I am seeing more and more of these mixed race children. What the future bodes, no one can say.
Yeah, honestly, the mentality of some (mostly white) liberals and "racially blind" individuals is staggeringly naive about situations like this. While YMMV for sure, identity issues can tend to be a problem.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:49 AM

1,166 posts, read 754,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Kaepernick is the one not standing. He isn't making a statement other than that he is a liar.

Listen to whay he said. He lied. The police aren't being given vacations or paid time to shoot blacks, thats a flat out lie. Nothing but the gasp of a has been trying to be more than a worthless pile of dung.

If the police shoot someone they are put on admin leave, they must surrender their firearm pending due process. They are not being told they will get time off so go out and shoot blacks but that is exactly what this asshat is implying.

I take that back, dung has worth, he does not.

I really don't understand the fetish that some Americans have for the flag and certain rituals surrounding it. If the guy doesn't want to stand during the national anthem, why should anyone care? About a week ago, the flag fetishists were freaking out because a young gymnast didn't do the stupid hand over the heart thing. Seriously, is any of this ridiculous crap important in anyone's daily life? IMO, all this amounts to is the need in some people to be over the top patriotic and nationalistic in a highly visible public way and then getting butthurt when they discover that not everyone gives a chit about their meaningless symbolic gestures.

You are playing a semantics game with your bolded statement. When a cop shoots someone, they are typically placed on paid administrative leave.

Being paid not to work = paid vacation. You can call it administrative leave, but it is what it is.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, Even though Colin Kaepernick's $11.9 million salary is fully guaranteed, the 49ers could save salary cap space by releasing him if Kaepernick signed with another team.

He is covered financially, regardless.
I mean, I wouldn't even be surprised. It came as a much bigger surprise to me when the Eagles picked up Michael Vick in 2009. I was quite shocked when that happened.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:52 AM

58,994 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Right, suicide with a gazillion of guaranteed dollars upon which to rest his capitalist head.

The guy is a perfect example of a distorted view that uses a lie to foment unrest and divide the nation. Lies matter, high profile people spreading lies matter more.

Kaper comes across as a dumber than dumb numbskull, who, if he has a problerm with the Obama's version of hope and change, would at least have a sound reason for his protest.

Hope he leaves to join ISIS or play in the Canadian football league of somewhere in Europe. Maybe Rodman can intro kaper to kim jung un and he can live in peace in NK.
"]Right, suicide with a gazillion of guaranteed dollars upon which to rest his capitalist head."

Maybe NOT. The NFL has clauses about actions that negatively affect the image NFL.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:53 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Take your own advice.
My post wasn't actually advice, it was a statement.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Kaepernick has made his protest all about him. When he was a starter and successful, he didn't do this. Now, his career is tanking and he decides it is the time for some publicity and to take a stand on police brutality and mistreatment of blacks?

I don't trust his motives are sincere or care what he does. He will likely be sitting on the bench indefinitely if not cut from his team for poor performance on the field the last two years.
I think he's probably genuine. I have heard his social media accounts have taken on a different theme very recently leading up to this.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I mean, I wouldn't even be surprised. It came as a much bigger surprise to me when the Eagles picked up Michael Vick in 2009. I was quite shocked when that happened.
To me, athletes are rarely moral leaders. He can do whatever he wants to do, It is not like he (Kaepernick) committed a crime.

But every action, there is a reaction.

I don't think he is a bad person, I certainly don't believe he is un-American. At least he had the balls to express his political or personal views. However, there is always a time or a place to express that view.

To me, (and I can only speak for myself), I admit, the U.S. should not be a nation about symbols, but about freedom and rights. However, people have symbols to represent those precious things. The flag is a symbol of what the American ideal is. Granted, America is not perfect. However, the American Spirit is perfect, and the flag is the symbol of that spirit. When one burns the flag, it burns not just a piece of cloth, but the Spirit of America.

I agree with you, and the rest of my post is not directed at you personally. Just thought I need to make it very clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies