Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 08:28 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There is a Christian flag?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 08:44 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Nope. Got that. The second sentences in her post is not dependent on the first, and is in the form of a general statement.
Here's what NCN said:

We used to say the pledge to the American flag, the Christian flag and the Bible every day at vacation Bible school. I cannot imagine what you could find wrong in doing that but God gives us all a choice as to how we live our lives. It is not my place to try and take that choice away from anyone.

Sorry, but the second sentence is dependent on the first in that it references it. So you are wrong a second time.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:57 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
Not a concern of mine.

But what is more important or of interest to me is that if it were Trump supporters banning the flag the Democrats and liberals would be acting melodramatic and pretending to be super patriots. News reporters would be asking why they are trying to "hurt" our soldiers?

The Republican leaders would come out and join the Democrats berating Donald Trump.

Then we would have to hear about how he's working for Russia. All because a few teenage Trump supporters and a school official didn't want the American flag at a teenage football game.

But since these aren't Trump supporters I guess Russia isn't behind it. LOL.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:10 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Here's what NCN said:

We used to say the pledge to the American flag, the Christian flag and the Bible every day at vacation Bible school. I cannot imagine what you could find wrong in doing that but God gives us all a choice as to how we live our lives. It is not my place to try and take that choice away from anyone.

Sorry, but the second sentence is dependent on the first in that it references it. So you are wrong a second time.
Then one would have to assume that the poster is too stupid to understand that the thread is not about what happens in bible school, and that her anecdote is directly related to the subject of the thread. There is nothing in the OP about bible school, and no other reference to it in any other post. It's either a general statement, or she is totally off-topic. She and I have our differences, but I'm not willing to assume that she's that stupid. Are you?

Old 08-29-2016, 09:24 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
-
I'm not seeing flag in your illustration, but don't worry, I actually Googled it.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:19 PM

50,818 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Really? Then ban the students,,, or cancel the games. Do not ban the flag.

This is just another BS excuse to weaken American patriotism.
Oh come on. It's about a sports game at 1 school where inappropriate behavior was taking place.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:39 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Then one would have to assume that the poster is too stupid to understand that the thread is not about what happens in bible school, and that her anecdote is directly related to the subject of the thread. There is nothing in the OP about bible school, and no other reference to it in any other post. It's either a general statement, or she is totally off-topic. She and I have our differences, but I'm not willing to assume that she's that stupid. Are you?
Look Ace, I'm just pointing out your error in logic and reading comprehension. I'm not assuming anything.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:02 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
The flag is dangerous. It reminds some people of what it was like when we had a country you could be proud of.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:00 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The flag is dangerous. It reminds some people of what it was like when we had a country you could be proud of.

THIS! ^^^

What exactly did the students do to "taunt" the opposing team with the American flag? Does anyone know? Has that actually come out in any report?

Did they wave it with too much vigor? Too much pride?

The opposing team, though Hispanic, is American. Why would they take issue with their American flag? Has any of them spoken out against "flag abuse"?

IMHO this is just another example of school administrators bending over backwards to protect people who don't need or want their lily-white protection. It's nothing but another form of racism and white superiority.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:07 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Not a concern of mine.

But what is more important or of interest to me is that if it were Trump supporters banning the flag the Democrats and liberals would be acting melodramatic and pretending to be super patriots. News reporters would be asking why they are trying to "hurt" our soldiers?

The Republican leaders would come out and join the Democrats berating Donald Trump.

Then we would have to hear about how he's working for Russia. All because a few teenage Trump supporters and a school official didn't want the American flag at a teenage football game.

But since these aren't Trump supporters I guess Russia isn't behind it. LOL.
This is happening in one of the most Republican-dominated areas of South Carolina.

And Trump did win Greenville County in the recent GOP primaries.
http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...south-carolina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies