Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When will democrats give up fake hacking story?
December 2016 - democrats wake up and realize futility 7 8.54%
March 2017 - eventually the Trump inauguration sets in 12 14.63%
November 2017 - the mind of democrats are slow to see facts 11 13.41%
November 2020 - democrats need hacking ruse as fundraiser 61 74.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 09:35 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times

Advertisements

They hacked Ted Cruz' files but couldn't believe what they read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 10:42 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Relax. The Senate Select Committe on Intelligence will get to the bottom of this. There will be a thorough Bi-Partisan investigation. I'm confident we'll learn the truth.
But obviously it was at least semi-important.
But what is in "it"??

Old 12-13-2016, 10:50 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Well, its happening and Trump can't stop it. The more the Trump camp protests, the more suspicious it looks.
Why should Trump even be concerned considering it didn't happen in his watch? Of course foreign actors are going to try to hack our systems! It's up to us to prevent it, if we can. I don't see how this is Trump's fault, or why he should suffer any consequences for it.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:43 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Default What makes me believe the Russians are involved in our elections

In all honesty, its this board. Its reading some of the most insane stuff. Its watching a large amount of posting about how ALL liberals are horrible beings, encouraging civil war, etc.

I mean, lets be honest, the Russians have a pretty significant propaganda department, and what I am seeing coming from folks is straight out of the "how to overthrow a countries democracy 101" handbook. 95% are Americans, the other 5% are folks egging them on.

This isnt just "hey you guys are dumb" sort of thing being directed towards the left, this is quite literally attempts to dehumanize them. And I got to tell you, once you see that, its not a good sign at all.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
right, and the left wingers are such angels that they dont do any of the things you accuse the right of doing, correct?

Old 12-14-2016, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
right, and the left wingers are such angels that they dont do any of the things you accuse the right of doing, correct?
Its a matter of degree. Seriously. And holy moly, the sheer insanity of all the propaganda, delegitimization of both press and elections, etc etc.

We all play a little rough, but playing rough is a far cry from whats going on now. Some of this stuff is nuts. And its not just here.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:32 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
In all honesty, its this board. Its reading some of the most insane stuff. Its watching a large amount of posting about how ALL liberals are horrible beings, encouraging civil war, etc.

I mean, lets be honest, the Russians have a pretty significant propaganda department, and what I am seeing coming from folks is straight out of the "how to overthrow a countries democracy 101" handbook. 95% are Americans, the other 5% are folks egging them on.

This isnt just "hey you guys are dumb" sort of thing being directed towards the left, this is quite literally attempts to dehumanize them. And I got to tell you, once you see that, its not a good sign at all.
What, exactly, do you believe they did?

Old 12-14-2016, 03:34 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its a matter of degree. Seriously. And holy moly, the sheer insanity of all the propaganda, delegitimization of both press and elections, etc etc.

We all play a little rough, but playing rough is a far cry from whats going on now. Some of this stuff is nuts. And its not just here.
much of the delegitimization pf the press was done by themselves, due to them pushing an agenda instead of reporting the news. and in this election the press was essentially an ongoing ad for the clinton campaign.

and again the delegitimization of the election was done by the candidates themselves, starting with the democrat primaries where the outcome was predetermined in hillarys favor. the deck was stacked against sanders right from the start, and the world saw it, and trump called the democrats out on it.

and we had the press constantly proclaiming for two years that hillary was going to be the next president, and when trump won, the left shouted very loudly that there were shenanigans going on because there was no way trump could have won the election on account of he was an idiot/jackass/evil SOB/what ever else the left stepped up and proclaimed about trump.

and then jill stein stepped up and basically openly swindled her supporters with the call for a recount, and then setting up an account where people could donate to the effort, and then constantly upping the amount she needed to get the recount done. now she has her own starting war chest for the next election cycle.

the russians and other countries didnt have to do a damned thing because we did it all to ourselves. they are sitting in their countries laughing at our election cycle this year, and wondering what kind of comedy is going to come out of the next election cycle.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What, exactly, do you believe they did?
Read my original post. Then read some of the things posted here. For example the first few pages of this:
//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ot-choose.html

While I can give some specifics, that is not the point. Go read that.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:27 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I think there is enough history regarding the Russians and hacking to support the belief that they intruded into our election process. Look at the DNC incident and other cyber attacks they have made. It was pretty obvious that all the "dirt" coming out about Hillary was done for one reason and one reason only, to discredit her and make Trump look better.

The little squirrel living in the basement of the embassy did not come up with the sophistication and means to gain access to all those emails by himself........someone was using him as a tool to distribute that information.

If I were Russia, I would have done the same thing. How great would it be for them to have their number one enemy run by someone with zero experience, an agenda that reeks of upsetting the rest of the world, and a country divided sharply against that leader ? The Russians are opportunists , and they feel we are very vulnerable right now, and becoming more unstable.

Believe me, the CIA knows more than they are telling us about this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies