Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 08:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because he did the same thing as President, as Hillary did as Secretary of State.
Destroyed and tampered with evidence, then lied about it.
It isn't the lie per-say, it's what happens AFTER the lie, (as in coverup) that killed Nixon and may just get Hillary in the end.

Hillary's biggest issue now is her own defense of her actions makes her unqualified to be in the countries drivers seat.

Umm, I don't recall, Ummm, I didn't know, Ummm, I don't remember... All answers designed to defend against "intent" charges but do one NO GOOD when applying for a huge job later on.

I wonder if her "crew" thought of that when they were trying to keep her out of court/jail? I guess free and rich although unemployed is better than the alternative...

Old 09-04-2016, 08:47 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It isn't the lie per-say, it's what happens AFTER the lie, (as in coverup) that killed Nixon and may just get Hillary in the end.

Hillary's biggest issue now is her own defense of her actions makes her unqualified to be in the countries drivers seat.

Umm, I don't recall, Ummm, I didn't know, Ummm, I don't remember... All answers designed to defend against "intent" charges but do one NO GOOD when applying for a huge job later on.

I wonder if her "crew" thought of that when they were trying to keep her out of court/jail? I guess free and rich although unemployed is better than the alternative...
Ronald (bless his holy name) Reagan did the same thing 44 times when he got caught shipping wmds to terrorists. He got a free pass.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Ronald (bless his holy name) Reagan did the same thing 44 times when he got caught shipping wmds to terrorists. He got a free pass.
And your point? I get weary of people pointing to misdeeds of others using that as justification of others bad deeds.

"Well, well, he did it toooooooo".
Secondly, Regan was president, Hillary just wants to be and we have a chance to say "nope" due to her IN GOVERNMENT SERVICE behavior/past acts/admitted sketchy memory.

At what point do we as voters/citizens say "ENOUGH OF THE LIES" and crooked behavior (applies to either side btw)?

Old 09-05-2016, 09:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Please explain why all of the GOP generated "scandals" have turned up empty.

Are the Pubs impotent children?

Or just hyperpartisan name-callers?

Because if there was anything to back up their allegations, they should have found it many years ago.

Enquiring minds want to know.

You don't have an enquiring mind, you don't want to know. Try to focus. Benghazi was not investigated to prove Hillary committed a crime. By pure luck, her 'extreme carelessness' in handling national security came to light. The Benghazi investigations uncovered plenty.

Sure, for the R's, an indictment would have been great, but Comey was against one and Lynch would never indict anyway. Either way, the investigations benefitted the country and hurt Hillary.

I think everyone has conceded the fact that she's never been indicted. What's less clear is why the campaign slogan --- Often Investigated. Never Indicted. Hillary 2016 --- makes you all and gloaty for her and D's.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:51 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:

The conundrum that Hilary supporters find themselves in, in order to hold her unaccountable, is that she is a moron. They are forced to believe she's a moron, because otherwise they'd be forced to believe she's a bald-face liar, and completely corrupt.

For example:

1) They must believe she has a very poor memory, since she cannot remember anything. Hell, deprive her of just a little sleep and she imagines flying in a plane that's forced into a harrowing corkscrew landing, and once it does land, she recalls running with her head down dodging sniper fire.

2) She doesn't comprehend basic computer terminology, like "wiping a hard drive" to delete data. She thinks it means wiping it to clean it with a cloth.

3) Lacks the basic common sense of a "reasonable person," as Comey said, because she does not comprehend that discussing highest level national security secrets should not be done on an unsecure email system.

4) When it comes to ALL her public statements concerning her personal email server, which turned out to be 100% false. With such basic things, like her claiming she had never received nor sent any classified material, to discover she was trafficking in multiple emails with the classified material above Top Secret.

I'm at a loss how her supporters can give her a pass on those numerous lies, unless they've forced themselves to believe:

A) She is dangerously incompetent, and that horrendously stupid and moronic. If they believe that, then she is obviously unfit to be president.

or....

B) She is a bald-faced liar, who knew full well she sent and received numerous classified materials, up to and above top secret. She knew she had multiple portable devices and maintained multiple servers, deleted numerous classified and work related emails, etc... She knew full well she broke the law and was lying, deleting, obstructing and delaying, to hide the truth, and escape being held accountable. This too would make her unacceptable as a president, and should bar her from ever holding public office ever again.

The conundrum for her supporters, is that she is either a moron, or a deceitful, corrupt liar. It's one or the other.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:13 AM

And now, there's a developing story of collusion between a Democrat Congressperson on the Benghazi committee and the Clinton camp to manipulate the hearings.

Interesting times..... It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and if solid proof can be shown before election day.

Old 09-06-2016, 03:03 PM

503 posts, read 772,343 times
Quote:
And now, there's a developing story of collusion between a Democrat Congressperson on the Benghazi committee and the Clinton camp to manipulate the hearings.

Interesting times..... It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and if solid proof can be shown before election day.
Fox News asked the Clinton campaign as well as Menendez's office if they coordinated before the 2013 Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing; what was meant by the term "wired;" and how the email exchange was consistent with the principle of independent congressional oversight. There was no immediate response from either.

I cannot wait to hear the whoppers they come up with to explain this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies