Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 05:34 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times

Advertisements

The simple fact is numbers.
There are still way more white folk in this country.
Hence the fact that blacks are a "minority".
Duh. You can't have diversity if the numbers aren't there.
It's simple math.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 06:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Because diversity (less white) is for everyone else but the elites (more white and jewish). And the elites get to virtue signal by praising diversity.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:39 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjobs View Post
Hollywood is very liberal and liberals want more diversity, anti-white and pro-Islam.
That's like saying "Conservatives hate black people."

Yeah there's a certain type of liberal who is anti-white -- just as there are certain types of conservatives who are anti-black -- but painting the entire left or right wings that way suggests to me that you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
So logically I would assume that I would see less White actors and more non-White actors (Blacks, Asians) but that's not the case in Hollywood.
Blacks only make up 13% of the U.S. population. I'm not really sure what of film actors and actresses are black, but I would bet it's higher than 13%.

Muslims are less than 1%, so you wouldn't expect to see many.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:47 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Friend of mine is a journalist who covers "The Industry."

This question gets asked every year when the networks are announcing their new season/Fall lineups. The big wigs get uncomfortable and mumble something about "working on it."

Meanwhile, the group of reporters asking these questions is....mostly white.

Interpret that as you will.
There really is no other mood they can display or answer they can give that won't get them in trouble. They can't be glib when they say they are working on it. They can't point at a list of successful minority actors because it would never be enough. And they certainly can't get into the real reasons why some racial/ethnic groups tend to produce more successful film stars than others because anything they could say, no matter how true or insightful, would get them labeled as racist.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
There really is no other mood they can display or answer they can give that won't get them in trouble. They can't be glib when they say they are working on it. They can't point at a list of successful minority actors because it would never be enough. And they certainly can't get into the real reasons why some racial/ethnic groups tend to produce more successful film stars than others because anything they could say, no matter how true or insightful, would get them labeled as racist.
Very true but do they have to take the extra step to promote diversity and virtue signal? Is promoting diversity and virtue signaling just a strategy to get the diversity monkey off their backs? I doubt it because Hollywood was liberal before it was cool, and full of communist in the 20's and 30's almost from the beginning.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:15 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Because Hollywood Liberals are hypocrites. Like when they hop off their private plane and lecture US about global warming (or cooling, or whatever it is this week ).
They are by far the biggest hypocrits, and they can have whatever percent of races they want in lead rolls, just as the NBA and NFL has thier non biased lead rolls

Old 08-31-2016, 07:20 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've seen it a million times.
Don't just leave us hanging. Give us... two or three examples.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:29 PM

105 posts, read 90,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I see where you made your first mistake(s).

The easy and most accurate answer is that white actors sell easier/better than non-white actors, as a rule of thumb.

Having said that, there are tons of black actors that are doing just fine.
If Hollywood liberals really want diversity, then I assume it would be something like this.
This is image of new Power Rangers Ninja Steel cast, and as you can tell only 1 member is White.
So why don't more shows and movies do something like this if they truly want more diversity?

Old 09-01-2016, 12:07 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
It's funny that mostly live in the hills outside L.A. proper..Malibu...Mulholland..Topanga.. Chatsworth..all areas well outside the city and lovely colorful south central...

They are the first to call when some minority transient wanders into their neighborhoods

Old 09-01-2016, 12:24 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Agreed. It's all about the money.
This is not a popular kind of comment, not PC: China/Asians rarely go to films where African Americans are in lead role. Just the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies